Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Oguri.3654

Oguri.3654

I was able to access to the gem shop yesterday and see the available option to purchase gem. But today i decided to purchase gem.

1.There was no option on Billing Country
2.Even after I type United States of America and it still would not work
3.The amount of gem/$ option never showed up
4.Tried Selecting other payment method besides paypal did not help either!
5.Next button always become gray out after I click it once

Attachments:

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

Same exact issue here.

Rantev [Warrior]

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

I also had this problem, but after a few trys I got past it, but then after accepting the purchase it hasnt given me my gems yet, and I did it twice. I thought the first time was a error my side, but it seems you have charged me both times and no gems yet, usally they pop into your account right away.

TC [CERN]

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: Cammiesoul.9308

Cammiesoul.9308

I’m having the exact same problem. Only once did I get past the screen (in my cycles of restart computer, restart game), and it hung on the finalizing transaction. I was charged 10 bucks but didn’t get any gems. The gem store is still acting screwy, as mentioned by original poster.

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: Harley.2837

Harley.2837

Same problem here.. I sent a ticket for it. My CC was charged for €20 but got no gems, it got stuck on the transaction screen and even after restarting the game (after half an hour) .. nothing.

Edit: As posted by original poster, I can now not get past the screen of entering a country either.

(edited by Harley.2837)

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: Atlasdain.5863

Atlasdain.5863

On top of that the support page is down on my end and I can not send a ticket.

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

^ Have you tried en.support.guildwars2.com ? I couldn’t use the one through Services > Support either, but clicking straight on support in the top bar worked.

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Cammiesoul.9308

I know right, the support page is a nightmare – this doesn’t seem to fit into any of their cookie-cutter issues so it’s a pain to even report. I gave up on even trying to find a phone number. I guess I should start disputing at the bank at this point?

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We definitely want to help you! Can up please submit a ticket right away, including what method of payment you’re using, what error message you got (if any) and any other details you can give?

To submit a ticket, click Support at the top of this page, then Submit a Request.

Thank you for your help in getting this resolved, and even more, thank you for your support of our game!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

Sent a ticket about half an hour ago

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update I posted and then checked e-mail. The team is aware of this issue, and an e-mail was sent to get everyone on board to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, the Buy Gems and Code Redeem (Billing) page will reflect that the system is in maintenance mode while it gets fixed.

Thanks for posting, and please give it a bit of time and try again. I will try to post an “all clear” but the fix may happen in the wee hours of the morning, so if you wanted to try in a few hours, that would be terrific!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Sent a ticket about half an hour ago

Great. Many thanks! That may be how the team became aware of the issue, so we appreciate the help!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

Thanks for the help, Gaile. I hope it is resolved quickly because (I think I’m not just speaking for myself) when vanishing money is involved, I get kinda panicky. :P

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: xJord.8021

xJord.8021

Support is broken for me atm, i have emailed so if you could reply to my email then i can give you details through that

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thanks for the help, Gaile. I hope it is resolved quickly because (I think I’m not just speaking for myself) when vanishing money is involved, I get kinda panicky. :P

Vanishing money is never a good thing, for sure! Don’t worry, judging by the e-mail threads this should be very short lived. In fact, I’m almost tempted to say “Try again” now, but I’d give it a few more minutes at least.

If there are any issues with purchases after the system is back online – for instance, if you believe you may have inadvertently made a double purchase – contact Support and we’ll take care of you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

Vanishing money is never a good thing, for sure! Don’t worry, judging by the e-mail threads this should be very short lived. In fact, I’m almost tempted to say “Try again” now, but I’d give it a few more minutes at least.

If there are any issues with purchases after the system is back online – for instance, if you believe you may have inadvertently made a double purchase – contact Support and we’ll take care of you!

Superb! Thanks so much, I’m online on GW2 so I’ll keep an eye out and see what happens Would the money be refunded or the gems come through? (I’d prefer the latter, but, just so I know.)

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

xJord.8021

GCLH301F

Order number and no gems on my account

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Superb! Thanks so much, I’m online on GW2 so I’ll keep an eye out and see what happens Would the money be refunded or the gems come through? (I’d prefer the latter, but, just so I know.)

Fair question. What I’ve seen — and I’m no expert, but basing on observations — most purchases get sort of “queued up” and they happen if there’s a glitch in the system or they never get transacted at all. Very, very seldom are they processed where someone is charged but the gems don’t arrive. That’s so rare I think I’ve only known of a half-dozen cases total.

So if you were in the midst of a purchase and it failed, most likely you were not charged for the gems and can simply transact the purchase again. If you then see two delivery mails and you only wanted to buy once, of if the very rare happens and you were charged and never got the gems, once that’s all verified the team can help you resolve any issues.

I want to emphasize that usually when you get an error your transaction didn’t go through and you’re free to start anew, but to be conservative you could of course wait a good few hours and see if the gems “drop down” into your mailbox and if the charges appear on your CC.

All this from a non-expert, just an observer, but I hope it helps.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

Fair question. What I’ve seen — and I’m no expert, but basing on observations — most purchases get sort of “queued up” and they happen if there’s a glitch in the system or they never get transacted at all. Very, very seldom are they processed where someone is charged but the gems don’t arrive. That’s so rare I think I’ve only known of a half-dozen cases total.

So if you were in the midst of a purchase and it failed, most likely you were not charged for the gems and can simply transact the purchase again. If you then see two delivery mails and you only wanted to buy once, of if the very rare happens and you were charged and never got the gems, once that’s all verified the team can help you resolve any issues.

I want to emphasize that usually when you get an error your transaction didn’t go through and you’re free to start anew, but to be conservative you could of course wait a good few hours and see if the gems “drop down” into your mailbox and if the charges appear on your CC.

I checked my CC and it was charged for €20. Gem Store is up and running again, CC is still charged but have gotten no gems. So I guess I’ll just.. wait? Thanks for the help so far, though!

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

xJord.8021

I checked my CC and it was charged for €20. Gem Store is up and running again, CC is still charged but have gotten no gems. So I guess I’ll just.. wait? Thanks for the help so far, though!

same thing here, waiting game is on :b

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

Order number: AVMW2ECE

(I added this to my ticket too)

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Cammiesoul.9308

I have 2 charges to my card but have only received gems for one of them. I even see the different order numbers on my statement.

http://i.imgur.com/pEuyIbA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QwOdayg.jpg

I don’t even mind if I get the gems instead of a refund, I just want something for my money and for this to be taken care of with little headache on my part (or, rather no more than I already have from this fiasco).

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Hello all,

This issue was recently resolved and the Gem Purchase and Code Redemption options are no longer in maintenance. As Gaile mentioned earlier, if you feel there are issues with your purchase or redemption please contact our Customer Support team by submitting a ticket.

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Sarah Witter

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

Hello all,

This issue was recently resolved and the Gem Purchase and Code Redemption options are no longer in maintenance. As Gaile mentioned earlier, if you feel there are issues with your purchase or redemption please contact our Customer Support team by submitting a ticket.

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Sarah Witter

I submitted a ticket when this all started, including my order number, since I got charged but haven’t received my gems.

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

xJord.8021

1. ticket been submitted, thanks for the help. hope to be sorted soon.

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

^ I hope so too.. I paid €20, I’m not looking forward to waiting 24-48 hours to get my 1600 gems.

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

I was really hoping to buy my friend a birthday gift, doesnt look like I will be getting my gems today.

TC [CERN]

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

Anyone heard back from Customer Support, yet?

(edited by Harley.2837)

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

If you were charged and did not receive your gems, please submit a ticket. Use “Did not receive purchased gems” in the subject line if you’re making a new ticket. If you already submitted a ticket, that’s great, and please do not start another ticket.

These tickets usually are handled quite promptly, but I’ll see if I can get any insight. If you posted a ticket, could you provide your ticket number here?

Thank you. And again, thanks for your support of our game through the Gem Store!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

If you were charged and did not receive your gems, please submit a ticket. Use “Did not receive purchased gems” in the subject line if you’re making a new ticket. If you already submitted a ticket, that’s great, and please do not start another ticket.

These tickets usually are handled quite promptly, but I’ll see if I can get any insight. If you posted a ticket, could you provide your ticket number here?

Thank you. And again, thanks for your support of our game through the Gem Store!

Thanks so much for your assistance, Gaile. I opened a ticket with number 505430 about 11 hours ago, if that helps.

Edit: I accidentally sent a second ticket a few hours after the first because it didn’t appear in my Gmail sentbox and the reply had gone to my spamfolder.. I do apologise for that! It wasn’t intentional :/

(edited by Harley.2837)

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thanks so much for your assistance, Gaile. I opened a ticket with number 505430 about 11 hours ago, if that helps.

Edit: I accidentally sent a second ticket a few hours after the first because it didn’t appear in my Gmail sentbox and the reply had gone to my spamfolder.. I do apologise for that! It wasn’t intentional :/

No worries — it happens with all those “helpful” providers that sort our mail into the wrong bins.

And I do see your ticket in the system and assigned, so you should get a response soon.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

No worries — it happens with all those “helpful” providers that sort our mail into the wrong bins.

And I do see your ticket in the system and assigned, so you should get a response soon.

Aye, Gmail is stupid

And yay! Ooh I hope it gets sorted tonight still, that’d be amazing! <3

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

xJord.8021

I received feedback about my ticket i submitted about all this now they’re trying to basically say i didn’t make any gem purchases yet i have an order number etc and still have been billed for this? been 24hours now seems ridiculously long considering i have order #’s etc to prove this has gone through….

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

^ seriously? I still haven’t heard back from customer support at all, but I’ve just logged in on GW and my gems have come through. I’m very happy, although I think these issues should be solved with more “care” from the support team (Excluding the lovely Gaile) next time. This is concerning actual money :/

(edited by Harley.2837)

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: Lindsay.8950

Lindsay.8950

Getting an order number doesn’t mean your order went through. There are a number of reasons a transaction can fail ie: server connection or bank declines to name a few. I would trust that support is giving you as much information as they can. If they are telling you that the order failed, then it failed.

Many times the bank will put the funds on hold before the transaction actually processes. This is why you receive an order number. The bank has confirmed the initial part of the transaction. If the transaction is rejected, the funds can stay on hold for days.

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I received feedback about my ticket i submitted about all this now they’re trying to basically say i didn’t make any gem purchases yet i have an order number etc and still have been billed for this? been 24hours now seems ridiculously long considering i have order #’s etc to prove this has gone through….

xJord — I feel that Harley and Lindsay gave you some really good information. There is no way in the world we would want to charge you for gems you did not receive! So if, unlike Harley’s situation, you did not eventually receive gems that you are certain you paid for, that is, if the purchase is still active (fully transacted and not merely a “hold” on the price, which can be removed), then you will want to submit a ticket so we can get you the help you need.

You submit a ticket by clicking “Support” at the top of this page and then clicking the “Submit a request” option. Provide as much information as possible in the web form, because that will create a ticket within the support system. You are not required to provide all the information but may leave fields blank when you cannot a

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Previous

Gaile Gray

^ seriously? I still haven’t heard back from customer support at all, but I’ve just logged in on GW and my gems have come through. I’m very happy, although I think these issues should be solved with more “care” from the support team (Excluding the lovely Gaile) next time. This is concerning actual money :/

Well, now, that’s sort of what I said might happen, right? I said you’d find that you (1) were not charged or (2) were charged and the gems would arrive, given a bit of time. So I’m happy to hear that you got what you wanted without having to reprocess another order, but sorry if you didn’t hear from a CS agent.

I can ask if the team is answering such tickets or simply verifying (by review of the ticket-submitter’s account) “Oh, the gems did arrive, that’s a closed subject.” I think I’d prefer that we did update the ticket, if only to say “I checked and you received your gems. Thanks!” but I’ll ask what standard practice is.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Harley.2837

Well, now, that’s sort of what I said might happen, right? I said you’d find that you (1) were not charged or (2) were charged and the gems would arrive, given a bit of time. So I’m happy to hear that you got what you wanted without having to reprocess another order, but sorry if you didn’t hear from a CS agent.

I can ask if the team is answering such tickets or simply verifying (by review of the ticket-submitter’s account) “Oh, the gems did arrive, that’s a closed subject.” I think I’d prefer that we did update the ticket, if only to say “I checked and you received your gems. Thanks!” but I’ll ask what standard practice is.

Indeed! Thank you for all your help, it’s greatly appreciated.

To be honest it would be really nice if you could check that, because.. I received no e-mail whatsoever to say it was sorted or anything. I checked my mails, saw nothing new and figured “Drats.. they’re still working on it, I guess..” but then I logged on and my gems were there, so I e-mailed to say that I received my gems and that help was no longer necessary.

Updating the ticket would definitely help! And thanks again, Gaile. You’re a rock star!

Can't Buy Gem Issue!

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

I’m still having a similar issue.
No matter what i try I just get a “process failed” message.

Paypal no longer even launches a web browser to login and authenticate.
Credit card just flat said “failed” and nothing more.

So i think something is still going on.

A secondary issue:
Also why is it when I changed my router recently GW2 site shows me coming from a different state (FL to be exact, I’m in TX, and every IT service out there that links physical locations of ipv4 address out there shows me in the correct location but your Routing system doesn’t (for allowing connections to the game and forum which requires authentication from email).

And yes, I went back to my old router to see if the router was preventing the gem store buying, even got my old ip address back as the lease had not yet expired. No dice.

Prior to this last month I had not ever had issues getting gems other then the daily buy limit.