in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: AudioSlave.6532

AudioSlave.6532

Anyone else having log in troubles?

Can't Log In.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Yeah, same thing is happening to me started a few min ago.

Can't Log In.

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

Yea. I was ingame and got dc’d. Happened twice in the last 30 minutes or so. Now I’m getting the ‘retry connection’ message.

Can't Log In.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Went afk for a few and came back to being DC’d. Then got the connection error/retry on launcher for a minute. But seems fine now.

[edit]
Same thing just happened again. Website/forum was not accessible, as well.

Potentially relevant info
In the US (Ohio) on Time Warner Cable. Tested a few other sites, and all loaded while game/site were both not loading.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Can't Log In.

Noxicon.4956

Not on my end. Still getting the ‘retry connection’ thing.

Can't Log In.

Noxicon.4956

I’m TWC Kentucky. Same issue. Everything else works fine, GW2 does not.

Can't Log In.

Posted by: MoonMyst.6805

MoonMyst.6805

TWC in TX. Connectivity issues only in GW2. Have other apps running in background while playing GW2, those never disconnected

Get ‘Cannot connect to login server’ popup, sometimes dc entirely, sometimes don’t.

Started few hours ago in PVP for me, two different maps. Got login server pop up, temporarily lagged out, but matches resumed, did not actually dc.

In EOTM for @ one hour, no problems.

Went to Divinty’s Reach and Lion’s Arch. Three times, login server error popped. Last time, screen went blank, had to manually disconnect and restart client.

Can't Log In.

Posted by: biznitchash.7963

biznitchash.7963

Having the same problem here in UK. Past 2-3 days at around 7pm gmt I’ve suddenly started getting real bad ping and dc’ing constantly. but before 7pm its perfectly smooth no problems. Any answers at all would be good Arenanet

Can't Log In.

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

TWC in Ohio and same thing has been happening for the last hour.

Was able to stay on for at least 30 mins with pretty normal ping(60-80) but was just kicked a few minutes ago and now the launcher is showing connection errors.

Oddly enough,when these launcher errors occur, Google stops working completely as well.

Every other site is fine though.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Can't Log In.

biznitchash.7963

MrFayth, I’m not sure if its related or not, but everytime I have these connection issues on GW2, my browser on PC works fine, but all my wifi apps on my phone suddenly die (Don’t have them running, wanted to see if net was bad so tested phone aswell.)

Can't Log In.

Posted by: angryangel.8541

angryangel.8541

Same here. TWC in North Carolina. I got disconnected during a dungeon (along with some other teammates) and haven’t been able to log in for over an hour. Everything else seems to work fine, but every time I try to connect to GW2 I get the connection error and it seems to mess with the rest of my internet (other sites suddenly no longer work and I have to reset my modem). What the heck?

Can't Log In.

Posted by: newzac.5783

newzac.5783

TWC in NYC, everything works but google.com and logging into GW2.

Edit: It just let me in.

Can't Log In.

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I was having the same issue with TWC in Ohio as well. I believe it to be a DNS problem. You can fix the issue by logging into your router, go into LAN settings, and check the box labeled Enable DNS Override. Then put in Google DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4 for the Primary and Secondary. If you need IPv6 use: 2001:4860:4860::8888 & 2001:4860:4860::8844. You can leave the third one blank for now.

It seems to have cleared up all my intermittent problems thus far.

Can't Log In.

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

Yeah TWC Ohio here and youtube isnt working either, along with google and the game.

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

Can't Log In.

Posted by: SchiTown.7598

SchiTown.7598

TWC in NC. Same thing happened just 20 min ago, for some strange reason I am able to reconnect after restarting my computer. Once I got back in game though areas were taking forever to load and any UI windows were also very slow to start. Once an area loaded though the game was smooth and I had good ping + fps.

Spoon Girl

Can't Log In.

biznitchash.7963

Getting mighty annoyed with this. I’ve now come inches to getting the Wicked Rodeo achievement and every kitten time, I get disconnected. But ONLY from GW2 and only when trying to do the challenge mote part. Give us a kitten answer of something, cause right now arenanet, you look like you just don’t care.

Can't Log In.

mrstealth.6701

I was having the same issue with TWC in Ohio as well. I believe it to be a DNS problem. You can fix the issue by logging into your router, go into LAN settings, and check the box labeled Enable DNS Override. Then put in Google DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4 for the Primary and Secondary. If you need IPv6 use: 2001:4860:4860::8888 & 2001:4860:4860::8844. You can leave the third one blank for now.

It seems to have cleared up all my intermittent problems thus far.

Should fix it if it’s DNS related, though the method of doing that can vary with router brand/model. Mine (a Linksys) simply has fields for static DNS in its local DHCP connectivity settings, which are enabled automatically if you fill them.

I did have a few DNS resolution errors earlier today, so it’s quite likely there is something going on with TWC’s DNS servers. TWC’s hadn’t given me any issues for a long time, but I’m back to using Google’s now.

Can't Log In.

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

Should have clarified my router is the modem supplied by TWC – an Arris brand. Otherwise, it will vary by brand on which method to use as mentioned. However, it is not all that difficult (usually) to find the DNS fields, but if you are having trouble then post here and I’m sure somebody can help walk you through. I would say to use google, but I know that was one of the issues.

Can't Log In.

mrstealth.6701

TWC gave me a Ubee modem/eMTA/router, which doesn’t appear to have static DNS settings while otherwise operating in DHCP mode. At least per the user guide. The device is set to bridge mode and all of its router features are disbled, so I can’t actually see those settings without changing it back to NAT mode.

If anyone else has a device that lacks the setting, or you can’t find them, you can set DNS servers on your PC as well.
Network and Sharing Center (in Control Panel) > Change adapter settings > Right click your adapter > click Properties > double-click Internet Protocol Version 4
Leave the upper section on automatic (or whatever it is currently set to), and change the DNS option to “Use the following DNS server addresses”. The DNS server fields will then be available to set static DNS servers.