in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: HogWash.3928

HogWash.3928

Can’t bind mouse wheel up or down

Can't bind mouse wheel up or down

Posted by: Hostile.4925

Hostile.4925

Mine was bound to camera zoom by default. Yours isn’t bound at all?

The only time I ever seem to have issues with binding mouse buttons is if I install the software that comes with a mouse.

HogWash.3928

It is bound to zoom by default. I want to rebind it to a different “key” function. I don’t want to have to buy a gaming mouse just to use the mouse wheel. I can bind zoom to a different key. Who zooms in and out while playing? I don’t.

HogWash.3928

I also Just wondering if they are ever going to change this or should I use a third party program to use the mouse wheel up or down. If so is it considered a hack using a third party program to bind my mouse wheel up or down?

Posted by: Hostile.4925

Hostile.4925

Who zooms in and out while playing?

I do all the time. /shrug

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

Who zooms in and out while playing? I don’t.

I know I do… zooming in on that eye candy is fun every 20-30 minutes or so. Not to mention the auto zoom when the camera hits a ‘wall’. And just because you do or don’t do something doesn’t mean everyone else does/doesn’t as well.

Paraphrasing from a forum mod… using any third party tool to gain an advantage over another player may result in action being taken against you. If you feel it isn’t allowed, don’t risk it. In this case, I don’t see it as a HUGE advantage as it is probably situational.

Posted by: Machinelf.1205

Machinelf.1205

You can’t just write off a huge chunk of the gaming community that uses their mousewheel for something other than zooming. Zooming is usually going to be the last thing on your mind while pvping; if you are set up correctly you should rarely have to change your POV

Posted by: Machinelf.1205

Machinelf.1205

Also, i like binding Alt + mousewheel up and down. Apparently, GW2 doesn’t currently allow for this