Can't join parties or leave one.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lucavex.4518

Lucavex.4518

Whenever I try to join a party an error pops up saying “The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support for assistance at http://support.guildwars2.com.”. This only happens when I am using an ethernet cord. The instruction on the support website is for PC, does anyone know how to fix this problem on mac?

Posted by: Luis Machado.4256

Luis Machado.4256

Technical Support

Next

Hey Lucavex,

Can you post a screenshot of the error message you’re getting? including the error number.

Posted by: Louiziana.2180

Louiziana.2180

Same issue here. over wifi so it’s not just and ethernet problem.
also game keeps freezing my mac.

sure would be nice to have a native client

youtube.com/jacobizreal

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I think this is a new issue that was introduced with today’s patch (considering they just fixed an issue with parties). There are other reports on the tech support forum.

The odd thing is that it is only happening to you on a wired connection.

As for the support site, yeah they only have the install instructions for Mac, everything else is left in the wind… One thing at a time I suppose, but Luis just stickied some troubleshooting steps today, however, I don’t think they’ll help you at all.

Posted by: Lucavex.4518

Lucavex.4518

I fixed it. If anyone else has this problem you have to set up port forwarding access to these ports, TCP ports 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600. I found the information on this link.

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994

Once completed, double click Guild Wars 2 NewAuth to start connecting to the server. Should you continue to experience error 58, you may need to configure your router for port forwarding.

Guild Wars 2 requires TCP ports 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600 be fully unrestricted and accessible, both inbound and outbound. For further information about opening ports or port forwarding, you can visit the following website: http://www.portforward.com Please note, this site is not affiliated with or supported by NCSOFT or ArenaNet.

If you are connecting to Guild Wars 2 while on a campus, military, or business network, please check with your network’s administrator to verify that these ports are fully opened and unrestricted. If you are on a home Local Area Network (LAN), you will want to make sure that your network’s hardware is properly configured.

Posted by: eitht.8510

eitht.8510

Hi, Lucavex.4518 i have followed your method but it does not work, i have attached the image

Attachments:

Posted by: Luis Machado.4256

Previous

Luis Machado.4256

Technical Support

Hi, Lucavex.4518 i have followed your method but it does not work, i have attached the image

Hey Eitht,

Error 10 is typically caused when you click the Join or Invite button without putting a name in the character name field.

I suggest you try clicking on the party icon in the upper left of the screen. You should see a box that says character name with the buttons join and invite underneath.

In order to invite someone to your party their character name needs to be in the character name field. You can either type the characters name in or target them. Once their name is in the character name box, you can then click the invite button. Doing this will send them an invite which they can either approve or deny.

Posted by: eitht.8510

eitht.8510

Thanks for the help