Can't log in. Launcher has been stuck

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Fluke.8590

Fluke.8590

Q:

Both my friend and I are getting the same problem when we open up the guild wars 2 launcher. It goes to download 37mbs the download speed reaches the highest point then rapidly declines to 0kbs then it just sits there saying downloading 37 mbs at 0kbs. Can log in but no play button.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Goobus.3162

Goobus.3162

A:

I just fixed mine.

Try putting this in your launcher’s target line. -assetsrv drwkwiejruot6.cloudfront.net

So example would be: Right click your launcher > Properties > Shortcuts tab > Target: “D:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -assetsrv drwkwiejruot6.cloudfront.net

then start the launcher and hopefully this works out for you.

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Each time a loading screen is initiated, the game loads like normally, but when it is finished the circle loading indicator freezes and stays that way indefinitely until i minimize the game, which i do using task manager. As soon as i open the game back up i pop into wherever i was loading in and have to repeat this for EVERY load. This has occurred since modifying the game graphics option after this update. I have altered the graphics options every possible way since this issue started yesterday AND ran gw2 repair. I need new advice or solutions please.

Goobus.3162

Dude my launcher is stuck as well. Mine has been stuck on 1 file remaining. It will download for a bit then just goes 0KB/sec and then stops entirely. Have you found a fix for it yet?

Fluke.8590

Nah man no idea as to why it is happening. Doesn’t seem like many people are having the problem. Where do you live? I’m in Australia.

Posted by: antarctipo.6804

antarctipo.6804

Mine’s been stuck at the same thing :/

Posted by: Kirito.6950

Kirito.6950

I’m also having this problem, stuck on the 37mb, also in Australia. However the three of my mates who i play with who live locally aren’t having an issue……?

[AB] – Auric Basinists

Fluke.8590

Yeah well i have to go to work now >:(
Hopefully everything is fixed when i get back.
Good luck!

Goobus.3162

I also live in Australia as well hahaha. And also stuck on 37mb.

Posted by: Kirito.6950

Kirito.6950

Thank you so much man!

[AB] – Auric Basinists

Posted by: Cscorps of oz.8526

Cscorps of oz.8526

Same problem here. Also in Australia. This happens every month or so with the excessive number of updates and you are locked out for a day or two. Surely they could check before they publish updates. Very frustrating and discouraging.

Posted by: Rectum Intruder.3428

Rectum Intruder.3428

I just fixed mine.

Try putting this in your launcher’s target line. -assetsrv drwkwiejruot6.cloudfront.net

So example would be: Right click your launcher > Properties > Shortcuts tab > Target: “D:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -assetsrv drwkwiejruot6.cloudfront.net

Does anyone know how to fix this on mac though.

Posted by: FlashAhAhh.4307

FlashAhAhh.4307

I just fixed mine.

Worked – Thankyou Sir!

Posted by: Assassin J.8069

Assassin J.8069

Fix worked for me too, just cut and pasted the extension after the ". Thanks for your help

Posted by: warmtinnie.4256

warmtinnie.4256

with the most recent patch I have been stuck trying to fix this problem for the past 3 hour and still yet not prevail. I have tried repairing also try the old switch language trick please help.

Posted by: warmtinnie.4256

warmtinnie.4256

I have been stuck on 1 file for 3 hours

Posted by: NilSatis.6720

NilSatis.6720

Send in a ticket about it.

Its a known problem that they arent even acknowledging.

Ill guess you run a Nvidia mobile gpu and windows 10. If not then you can ignore this, but the work around is

a)Run the game with no vsync. Its this that is the problem. To avoid screentearing you will need to run in borderless windowed mode until they fix it.

b) Alternatively, run the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, then you can use vsync.

They have had several tickets and an email with about 30 threads about the same issue. I have also sent this problem to Nvidia, and nothing from both parties.

AMD gpu users are not having this problem.

Posted by: MrMunkeyButtler.4986

MrMunkeyButtler.4986

I have also been dealing with this problem, i’ve noticed it download 37mb of the last file but then the download speed comes to a complete halt

Posted by: MrMunkeyButtler.4986

MrMunkeyButtler.4986

here fam, just found another post with the solution, take a look at this, should fix it for you as it did for me.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Download-not-working-1/first#post6004619

Posted by: AyLa.6508

AyLa.6508

Just close the launcher and re open it lol

I had it go to 0kb, restarted launcher, fixed …

Fluke.8590

Just finished work thank you for figuring this out for me much appreciated! They should really fix this problem though..

Posted by: Erza.2163

Erza.2163

Hi, I have tried to download the latest update however every time I get 37MB into the last file Guild Wars suddenly stops downloading
please help!

Posted by: Light.1824

Light.1824

I don’t have a solution but me and my partner are getting this same issue on seperate pc’s

Posted by: Vinsanity.5963

Vinsanity.5963

anybody found a solution for this ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

anybody found a solution for this ?

After more than a year, I would suspect so.

It’s best to always check the dates on threads.

If you are having issues, you can try the Knowledge Base, or the Tech CS Team, both accessed via the ‘Support’ link above/below.

Good luck.

Posted by: Moderator

Please remember to check the date of a thread before commenting. Posting in an out of date thread and bumping it to the top of the forums is considered necro-posting and disrupts the flow of the forums. In the future, please find a more recent thread or feel free to start your own on a relevant topic. This thread is now locked. Thank you.