Can't login

Can't login

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Calle.8746

Calle.8746

Anyone else having trouble logging in? I keep getting this error:

“The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications or connecting through campus network.”

Now it’s non of the above so what’s going on?

EDIT: Um okey, so now I managed to login to the character select screen but I cannot go ingame. When I press “Play” nothing happens.

(edited by Calle.8746)

Can't login

Posted by: Shiverish.2879

Shiverish.2879

yup having the sam problem at the moment….. when i was ingame i got the trade post do give me and error message. I decided to relog to see if that would fix it… it might have fixed it, but nowi cant get in GW2 any more… -.-

Can't login

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

I’m getting this as well.

Since Arenanet haven’t made any sort of announcement about it, I’m guessing it’s due to server overload. We probably should be able to log in again when the event is over.

Can't login

Posted by: Six.8051

Six.8051

I’m seeing this error as well. Also, after trying to login several times now, I was able to see a different error that shows “Transaction in progress. Please wait a few minutes and try again.”

However, if I continue to attempt another login, it goes back to “The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications or connecting through campus network.”

My internet is working fine, and my firewall settings haven’t changed since I was playing this morning. I can even access my original Guild Wars, but GW2 isn’t connecting now…. rather frustrating.

NOTE: my guildmates are saying that my account shows me being online despite me being unable to connect at the login screen. Also, when my guildies tried finding my character in the Heart of the Mists (non-overflow) where I’d logged out, it’s actually not there.

(edited by Six.8051)

Can't login

Posted by: Calle.8746

Calle.8746

It’s because of the lamekitten event. Messing up the whole game. Guess the only thing to do is wait and hope I can play tomorrow.

(edited by Moderator)

Can't login

Six.8051

Yeah, this really sucks. I’ve been trying for over 20 minutes now, and I’m starting to feel more and more foolish with every attempt.

Can't login

Posted by: harshil.8126

harshil.8126

after completing the event…i tried to go somewhere via waypoint bt got stuck on loading screen, so restarted the game and having the firewall error on character select screen…<is it possible that only those ppl that completed event got kicked out so that they cant get reward from other overfloww servers where the event is still hppening>

Can't login

Posted by: Holeyshoe.4058

Holeyshoe.4058

I’ve been trying to login for the better part of an hour, after losing my connection during the second to last fight of the event. Missed the end of the event and the loot. Still cant login.

Can't login

Six.8051

Not sure Harshil. My character was in the Heart of the Mists when I left it.

Can't login

Posted by: BeckieTeaches.4238

BeckieTeaches.4238

Welp – SWTOR went free to play this past week. Guess I’m going to go play that for a bit.

Can't login

Posted by: heritageloon.7398

heritageloon.7398

harshil i don’t think so,i was in the beginning charr area and my screen went black so i tried to log back in and i’m getting the same error msg. i haven’t done the event at all.

Can't login

Posted by: Lucien Diera.1730

Lucien Diera.1730

i have the same problem…Disconnected during event…oh well guess ill get to prestige on the new cod tonight xD

Can't login

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

I don’t usually say this, in fact I’m usually against the whining, but all these problems, bugs and once again inability to login to a game I paid for is making me want to just forget GW2 and play something else.

I’m not a kid, I’m an adult and I don’t have time for this garbage in my leisure time when I’m trying to enjoy gaming, this is an experience in frustration and absolutely nothing gets done, nothing acknowledged until hours later.

Oh and infract me all you want, I’m quite sick of overzealous forum policing with feedback that’s negative, you guys need to be told and you need to listen instead of hiding behind mods who are too quick to issue warnings and infractions for absolutely nothing.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Can't login

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

Lame I can’t get in cos of the firewall issue or whatever but 2 people in my TS3 Channel just got in…wtf?

Can't login

Posted by: Cook.9375

Cook.9375

I don’t usually say this, in fact I’m usually against the whining, but all these problems, bugs and once again inability to login to a game I paid for is making me want to just forget GW2 and play something else.

I’m not a kid, I’m an adult and I don’t have time for this garbage in my leisure time when I’m trying to enjoy gaming, this is an experience in frustration and absolutely nothing gets done, nothing acknowledged until hours later.

I don’t usually reply to forum posts but as I unable to login due to these problems I have time to roll around the forums.

It is not really any different for kids or adults. In fact, in these situations, sometimes kids can control their own emotional outbursts better than adults and focus their attention on something else equally interesting.

I would suggest you don’t “try to enjoy” gaming. Either you enjoy it or you don’t. And if you are trying to enjoy something that clearly is frustrating, maybe you should be doing something else. Kids actually get this point very well, which is why kids tend to have more than one activity they enjoy.

Go away, have a cup of tea, try logging in later.

Can't login

Posted by: Lucien Diera.1730

Lucien Diera.1730

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2
We are aware of the login issues and are working on it. Thanks for your patience. ~RB2

from twitter.

Can't login

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

I don’t usually reply to forum posts but as I unable to login due to these problems I have time to roll around the forums.

It is not really any different for kids or adults. In fact, in these situations, sometimes kids can control their own emotional outbursts better than adults and focus their attention on something else equally interesting.

I would suggest you don’t “try to enjoy” gaming. Either you enjoy it or you don’t. And if you are trying to enjoy something that clearly is frustrating, maybe you should be doing something else. Kids actually get this point very well, which is why kids tend to have more than one activity they enjoy.

Go away, have a cup of tea, try logging in later.

You’re absolutely right, becuase kids all work for a living and have such little free time right?

How about you go away, work on your condescending attitude and get some grasp on reality.

If you want to argue sementics, you can’t enjoy gaming when it’s a frustrating experience, or are you so far up your own rectum that you can’t figure that out for yourself?

Go away troll.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Can't login

Six.8051

Can't login

Posted by: Scone Expenditures.1097

Scone Expenditures.1097

Can't login

Six.8051

YAY! It finally let me login. Didn’t have to flush.

Can't login

Posted by: pngs.3798

pngs.3798

Currently have the following error “Transaction in progress. Please wait a few minutes and try again”
What is that?