Can't open GuildWars on my Mac

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aetheria.5839

Aetheria.5839

i have played the game on this computer before. however i uninstalled it for a period of time and when i went to reinstall it the icon bounces for a little bit but then nothing happens. help please ;-;

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

When you uninstalled last time I assume you probably just dragged the app into the bin? In which case there would have been other files left over by the game. Those may be causing a conflict.

First thing to try is this:
you can try to delete the contents of the gw2 data folder, it’s a pain to get to the right one: this step is a general fix for many tp and graphics issues, even without the previous steps however, it will lose all saved log in/password and in-game settings.
To access this:
1 Click on the “Finder” icon located in your dock or the desktop of your computer to make “Finder” the active program in the finder menu bar.
2 Hold down the “Option” key on your keyboard while clicking “Go” in the finder menu bar. A drop-down will appear.
3 While still holding down the “Option” key, click on “Library” in the “Go” drop-down.
4 Once in the Library folder click on Application Support > Guild Wars 2
5 Move the entire Guild Wars 2 folder to the trash and then empty the trash.
The next time you launch Guild Wars 2 it will recreate the recently deleted folder.

And if that doesn’t work then make sure you’ve tried restarting your computer, and then launch GW2 and just leave it for half an hour and see if anything happens. Just because you can’t see anything doesn’t mean the program isn’t doing anything.

Posted by: Aetheria.5839

Aetheria.5839

oh god i love you. it worked thanks

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m glad to hear that it worked.
Enjoy your gaming!

Posted by: HippieJoel.9537

HippieJoel.9537

I’ve had a similar issue but in my case it was caused by having 4 monitors. Mirroring them all made it magically work.