Can't play game at all due to lag

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ProverbsofHell.2307

ProverbsofHell.2307

Hiya folks.

I’m a new player after having just recently purchased Guild Wars 2, and I’m so frustrated because the game is rendered unplayable by rubberbanding and lag. It seems that once I’ve logged into the game and started up a character, I’m almost immediately struggling to maintain some sort of connection. My FPS is fine, and as I move my character around I cannot attack enemies, activate skills, or talk to NPCs. The game acts as though it is offline, despite allowing me to explore it. It stays like this almost indefinitely. On rare occasions I’ll get a single moment when I can play the game normally, albeit this lasts for literally 3 minutes or so.

My internet’s fine, I regularly download things at 1/2Mbps on P2P etc.
Computer hardware’s certainly not the latest but is above minimum specs and FPS is smooth on lowest graphical settings. I use WiFi not ethernet cable but it is reasonably stable.

I play on Aurora Glade server for any difference it makes. Sorry for any info I’ve not provided, I’ll do so on request and thank you in advance for any help.

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Hello AGladian :p

we need more infos from your pc to find the problem . run the dxdiag command in run ( windows key + R and type there dxdiag ) and save all the infos with the button next to close in the down right corner of the dxdiag window

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

the game is lagging yes started day ago on me every 1 in my guild and all ppl I play with are experiencing it. these are lagg spikes randomly sometime you have 10 to 20 second action freeze.

ProverbsofHell.2307

Hey, thanks.

Not the greatest ship in the world but she sails.
I’ve tweaked endlessly, and tried multiple wireless adapters to rule out a dodgy wifi receiver. I understand Windows XP isn’t ideal, but it’s stable for me.

Well, thanks again.

Attachments:

Posted by: Noodle.2085

Noodle.2085

Hey dude,

Not your fault! ArenaNET are mucking around with the servers for the next patch tomorrow! Wait and see what happens tomorrow, if it’s still unplayable come back to us!

Kind regards,
Noodle

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Been kicked out of 5 PvP matches in a row =,=

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I am willing to bet that this has to do with the new culling patch coming and the fact that Anet is “beta” testing certain zones with 0 culling.
I have experienced latency as well as rubberbanding which, I have not encountered since the beta. I expect this will be fixed by Tuesday sometime. In the meantime I am not logging in since it is somewhat unplayable.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Everything has a 2 second delay, the GAME is UNPLAYABLE.

Next time just shut down the server because this is just kittening absolutely ridiculous.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

What they need to do is give a kitten HEADS UP…before people start to think its their own pc and going through dozens of hoops to figure out if its on their end or not…Its a Small thing to do anet,yet you let people in the dark and only use kitten twitter to let us know that You know there is a lag issue.Beyond that… absolutely nothing…wich is imo,pretty kitten awefull.

Let me run you through it Anet..
when people get lag issues,and start to disconnect on a regular base they check the forum if anything is up ( But since you people dont like using this forum to let your customers know you have a lag issue,people will think its on their end since they see no reports from anet on any lag issues ) so they start looking at their drivers,reinstalling them,messing with settings,installing/reinstalling stuff,rebooting routers, etc etc etc.Honestly is it too much to ask to use this forum and let your Customers know you have such a problem wich saves alot of people alot of time ?

" Yes we are aware of the lag issues and we are working on it ! "

^

is it so hard to post that in Your Own Forum ?

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I doubt it’s your PC, my gaming buddy, and many of my guild have the same problems as you since yesterday.
I hope this does not give you a bad experience with the game, in my 7 months of playing this is the first time with these kind of problems. You just joined on a unfortunate time

Or if the patch of today is great you joined just in time

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I wish I could sticky Caedmon’s post. It hits the nail right on the head.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: HIGARD.6541

HIGARD.6541

Same, whenever im near players I get this lag, I click a spell, it flashes, 2 minutes is the longest, it seems to be in the evening on auora glade server too. I have an alienware m18xr2 laptop, im fine on other mmos and games, like WoW. So it cant be hardware..

Posted by: Fatenekki.5904

Fatenekki.5904

I totally agree with Caedmon’s post. Are you reading this ANet? It’s been a week I’m having this problem and there is no improvement or any announcement regarding this at all! At first I thought it WAS my computer’s problem, so I upgraded my router and tweaked the network settings and still having same issue… Sent an e-mail to support them and that’s when I knew about the problem WASN’T MINE.

So I’m supposed to keep an eye on the official forum “for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2”, then WHERE is the announcement for the lag issue that has been troubling so many players now? Why do you still have to keep so many people in the dark?

Really, ANet?

Posted by: Tautara.5681

Tautara.5681

+1. I’m having lagg, delay and getting disconnected time by time. My arah p1 run took us 3 hours because we had frequent disconnections during boss fights :<

ProverbsofHell.2307

Sorry to hear you’re all having the same problem…
Can’t believe they’re letting this affect so many players, someone should get on this ASAP, it’s ruining my image of the company as professionals. You ARE professionals, aren’t you, ArenaNet?

Paid good money for this game and straight away I can’t play it… pretty lame…

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Hey, thanks.

Not the greatest ship in the world but she sails.
I’ve tweaked endlessly, and tried multiple wireless adapters to rule out a dodgy wifi receiver. I understand Windows XP isn’t ideal, but it’s stable for me.

Well, thanks again.

you have an old pc like mines but unfortunately you are very close to minimum requirements take a break and read my post and you will see you have one only 2 options and these are 1. to total disable the sounds or 2. to buy a pci audio card ( it costs me 19 euros )

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/7-years-old-PC-without-LAG-in-WWW-1080p/2636642

with my settings i am sure that you will have similar fps as you can see in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/7-years-old-PC-without-LAG-in-WWW-1080p/first#post2666580

(edited by Reborn.2934)

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

You ARE professionals, aren’t you, ArenaNet?

Apparently they’re not.

Im getting huge delays, sometimes i press a skill and it doesnt go off for a whole minute. I have a constant latency count to google servers and im pretty sure it;’s not me. If you live outside the US you will probably get the short end of the stick.

and just as a point of reference to people who confuse fps drops and “lag”.
fps drop is related to your local system’s performance (your PC).
lag is related to internet connection.
Technically fps drops can be lag but for the sake of differentiation no one should call fps drops “lag”

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Barathion.4321

Barathion.4321

I’m having the same problem, my FPS is fine and so is my Internet connection however whenever I go into a Zerg such as destroyer farming or killing Scarlet’s minions I have about 1-2 minute delay on all skills. Moving is fine and so is dodging, however this leaves me unable to do the current event and I eventually get disconnected, moving to the overflow where there is no invasion.

Posted by: RageBeast.1539

RageBeast.1539

Just patched a few mins ago and now get “The game client has lost its connection to the server” now after about a minute of play. Any ideas?

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

The story goes like this…

1. The game was designed. Some devs with common sense agreed that they should put some restraints on client-based download to make the game on par with its servers’ available bandwidth as well as users’ internet connection. Thus, culling, a method to restrict how much information a player’s computer could download at a time.

2. Players complained for characters not being visible in clustered areas such as zergvzerg WVW due to culling.

3. Devs got tired of complaints so they got rid of culling on the promise of a “more lively environment”.

4. … In contrast with the fact that the servers are still ones and the same, not amplified or increased to withstand the increased bandwidth requested from players’ computers which are no longer restricted by culling.

5. Results -> players with superior internet connection or players who are closer to server locations are more likely to get to the server and maintain smooth connection whereas those with inferior connection are restrained by high latency, longer hop, and lag.

6. This will not be fixed… any time soon because they either have to 6.1 bring back culling which is very unlikely or 6.2 upgrading servers which is expensive and even more unlikely.

Now where’s the copy/paste tech support comment?

(edited by DavyMcB.1603)

Posted by: Sandid.8951

Sandid.8951

The story goes like this…

1. The game was designed. Some devs with common sense agreed that they should put some restraints on client-based download to make the game on par with its servers’ available bandwidth as well as users’ internet connection. Thus, culling, a method to restrict how much information a player’s computer could download at a time.

2. Players complained for characters not being visible in clustered areas such as zergvzerg WVW due to culling.

3. Devs got tired of complaints so they got rid of culling on the promise of a “more lively environment”.

4. … In contrast with the fact that the servers are still ones and the same, not amplified or increased to withstand the increased bandwidth requested from players’ computers which are no longer restricted by culling.

5. Results -> players with superior internet connection or players who are closer to server locations are more likely to get to the server and maintain smooth connection whereas those with inferior connection are restrained by high latency, longer hop, and lag.

6. This will not be fixed… any time soon because they either have to 6.1 bring back culling which is very unlikely or 6.2 upgrading servers which is expensive and even more unlikely.

Now where’s the copy/paste tech support comment?

Lolll
Your last sentence made me Laugh so loud, thank you :p

Posted by: Milennos.9810

Milennos.9810

Lag here too.I Dont’want to do a ticket and have a answer in Christmas. I have a ticket rolling 5 month ago lol.