Can't purchase Gems on the Trading post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Hopefully you’re working on this. I can’t use my card to purchase gems on the BLTP. Get the error message the an error has occurred and to try later. Plus you have the new wings on a timer and I can’t buy them currently.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Niomae.1652

Niomae.1652

I also have this problem! I want the wings too and I can’t even submit a ticket because it also comes up with an error! I’m pretty unhappy about that.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I also have this problem! I want the wings too and I can’t even submit a ticket because it also comes up with an error! I’m pretty unhappy about that.

Make sure you choose an option from each drop-down menu on the web-form to avoid an error.

Good luck.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

I restarted the game and it worked

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: TrainMuncher.7938

TrainMuncher.7938

I’m having this problem as well. I get right to the end, it begins processing and then I get the following message at the top of the “review your order” window: “Unfortunately an error occurred please try again later.”

I have tried every now and then over the past few weeks and nothing seems to fix it. I have tried processing payment with both paypal and my credit card. Neither works. I have also restarted my game and computer countless times to no avail. I really want to give you guys money! (To be honest I just really want gems so I can buy the golden pig when it comes out. >_>)

Let me know if you need screenshots of the error and I can try to grab one.

[RISE] <3

(edited by TrainMuncher.7938)

Heibi.4251

I sent a ticket in with the screen shot earlier.

Heibi.4251

It’s been 8 hours and I still can’t buy gems. Same error. At this rate I won’t be able to buy the wings.

TrainMuncher.7938

Let me know how you go man, they’ll likely respond to your ticket before mine. :<

[RISE] <3

Posted by: MJD.5913

MJD.5913

Was having the same issue all day. Just got done filling out a ticket less than an hour ago and decided to give it one more shot before going to bed. This time it went through! I was able to get my 800 gems. Maybe the issue is solved? Or maybe I just got lucky. Either way I wish everyone luck with getting their gems.

Posted by: Gantzie.4135

Gantzie.4135

Sadly I am still unable to purchase gems still. I’m hoping I don’t miss this wing sale because of it!

Posted by: gypsydancer.5217

gypsydancer.5217

Same issue here…I get an error when I try to purchase gems.

Posted by: Mist Pivot.8452

Mist Pivot.8452

Im guessing too many people are buying gems because of the new wings that it crashed the server haha.

Engineering, brutality, and thievery.
Blackgate since day one.

Posted by: Gocryg.2968

Gocryg.2968

Same problem here, was really looking forward to those wings too maybe it’s because there’s too many people purchasing gems right now?

Posted by: Raven Elodie.4195

Raven Elodie.4195

Only 10 hours to go on the wings and I still can’t buy gems. Tried CC and Paypal and turning off my computer and nothing is working. It started last night and I’m still locked out. I usually buy a lot of gems once a month and never had this problem. HELP, I need those wings for my necro, I’ll be very disappointed if this doesn’t work.

Heibi.4251

Would be nice if ANeT extended the deadline to buy the wings another 12 hours after the current one ends – and make sure the purchase part for gems is actually working.

TrainMuncher.7938

Yup still not working. Hoping someone gets their ticket answered and posts here!

[RISE] <3

Posted by: NiteSlayr.4563

NiteSlayr.4563

I’m having the same exact issue. I really wish ArenaNet would respond to this because there is only 10 hours left on those wings and I REALLY want them. I’ll be really annoyed if I end up not being able to purchase them because of some stupid error that shouldn’t even be happening.

Heibi.4251

I ended up using my gold to exchange for gems. At least that function was working. Took about 86 gold when I did it.

Posted by: Heneral.8519

Heneral.8519

Only 10 hours to go on the wings and I still can’t buy gems. Tried CC and Paypal and turning off my computer and nothing is working. It started last night and I’m still locked out. I usually buy a lot of gems once a month and never had this problem. HELP, I need those wings for my necro, I’ll be very disappointed if this doesn’t work.

We are similarly situated. I sent a ticket last night. I hope they fix it form today. I tried many times to click on the “buy gems” button on the TP but it’s all the same: I get the spinning wheel for a while and it disappears, leaving the window blank.

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

I have this problem too. Managed to buy some gems to buy the wings after many errors but wanted more gems to buy other stuff and I am getting more errors…

Posted by: Preview.4263

Preview.4263

Same problem! been trying to buy gems since yesterday. Up untill today keep getting the same issue. Why can’t nobody answer to this with a solution??

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

I get this message also when I tried purchasing the wings for my Necro , apparantly this has happened before with other users and Anet still hasn’t been able to fix it .

Preview.4263

I simply don’t get why there can’t be one person from guildwars2 that can atleast reply! say whats going on, or just any response AT ALL.

That would help alot.

Heibi.4251

24 hours later and it still is broken. Here’s a screen cap. When will this be fixed?

Attachments:

TrainMuncher.7938

^ Yup that’s the same error, except I get it on the review your order window. I got a reply saying they’re going to be looking into my purchase attempts and will get back to me as soon as they can. So I’m glad they’re looking into it. I’ll let you guys know what they say.

The pigs out today! eeeee. prepares gold just in case :X

[RISE] <3

Posted by: ebrown.8193

ebrown.8193

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

Tin hat on. I can purchase gems again.

Heibi.4251

^ Yup that’s the same error, except I get it on the review your order window. I got a reply saying they’re going to be looking into my purchase attempts and will get back to me as soon as they can. So I’m glad they’re looking into it. I’ll let you guys know what they say.

The pigs out today! eeeee. prepares gold just in case :X

Mine is on the final confirm step.
I try to purchase gems each time I log in. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Gocryg.2968

Yup, still having the problem here one day after as well i had to borrow 100g from a guildie to be able to get my wings as that was the conversion rate of 500 gems then. Now, 500 gems has gone back down a lot, and i can’t help but feel a sense of loss cos it seems as though i’ve paid more because of Anet’s problems I think Anet has yet to disappoint us, and i think that this issue will be no exception, so i guess right now i can only say; keep at it Anet!

NiteSlayr.4563

Hooray! It has been close to a whole day with no response and I wasn’t able to get the black wings because they were a limited time only item = )))) Thanks ArenaNet! I was looking forward to coming back for this expansion but maybe I shouldn’t because of the lack of support for this issue that many users are having.

NiteSlayr.4563

Normally, I would be patient with responses to bug reports but this is a PRETTY significant issue considering you’re having a timed sale on exclusive items. The way I see it is that you’re losing out on quite a bit of money while, simultaneously, certain users are getting upset because they were unable to purchase your limited time items.

Posted by: Moon.1496

Moon.1496

I too have been trying I have a number for Anet but now they don’t answer that phone its all computer. Did leave 2 msgs though. No response to phone msgs and just sent email about this odd no word that they know about this bug.

TrainMuncher.7938

Had to convert gold to gems in order to buy the bootiful pig. Still no response/explanation. I thought anet would be quick on this issue since we want to give them money……. :s

Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Fingers crossed.

[RISE] <3

(edited by TrainMuncher.7938)

Preview.4263

FInally! after almost 2 days of waiting I didnt get an error anymore. I’m not sure what fixed it, I simply gave it another try after not trying for hours. And it suddenly worked. So I hope its somehow fixed for everyone now!

Thought I’d let you guys know.

Good luck!

Gocryg.2968

it’s still not working for me not sure if it’d help, but i process transactions trough paypal. still sitting tight and hoping it gets fixed soon Happy for those who’ve gotten to work though

Posted by: colosiss.3041

colosiss.3041

I was having issues buying gems also, over the past 2 days. I tried again this morning and still was not able to. I then tried to buy a different amount. I was trying to buy 8000 with no success, but it allowed me to purchase gems at the 4000 amount. I then bought it again to get the amount I originally wanted. Hope this helps someone.

Posted by: Tsinga.6857

Tsinga.6857

I’ve been having this issue for the past week. I try every other day and still nothing I’ve submitted a report, and I tried posting on the forums last week with no success. Hopefully now that more people seem to be having the issue, it’ll get looking into, especially with these limited time deals going on.

Sonja Bronzeclaw/Tsinga Moonshadow – Jade Quarry

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

I am having the same issue…very surprised at the lack of response here, I mean it’s money they are losing!

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

I was having issues buying gems also, over the past 2 days. I tried again this morning and still was not able to. I then tried to buy a different amount. I was trying to buy 8000 with no success, but it allowed me to purchase gems at the 4000 amount. I then bought it again to get the amount I originally wanted. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks – oddly enough, this worked for me as well…

TrainMuncher.7938

Guys they responded to my ticket. Apparently they “lifted restrictions”. I am not sure why I had restrictions or what restrictions they were but I’m glad they’re gone. So I recommend you send in a ticket instead of just waiting around in case you’re in the same boat.

Either way I can buy gems again! Wewt!

[RISE] <3