Can't remember my password system broken

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Drae.3189

Drae.3189

What am I supposed to do? I want to change my password because you are forcing me to but I don’t remember what it was. When I got to the page to change my password I put in what I thought was my password (no way to verify) and a new one and its like the page just refreshes.

Did it save? Why didn’t it like my entries? Was the password wrong or the new one not secure enough?

So i go to the “forgot password” link and enter my info…I get a big FAIL on the screen. No kitten it actually says “FAIL”…. when I try to reset my password. WTF ANet?

ANet, you have a system that allows us to enter our password once when we bought the game and never have to type it in again…and now you have no way for us to reset it without remembering it exactly. You don’t even have a system set up to tell us if we got it wrong or not.

What am I supposed to do? Erase the password from my game login and never play again? I’m freaking lost…help.

[GoF] Booty Kawl – Blackgate

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We know that some players will need help, so please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

ah this is the issue I am having… I can’t get into the game and this is the dumbest flub I have seen

Posted by: Drae.3189

Drae.3189

This is going to cost ANet a pretty penny to personally deal with every person who cant exactly remember their password. The system is set up to “Fail…” . ANet fixed it by resetting my pass for me and providing me with a temp pass. Convoluted, frustrating….good luck ANet your going to loose tons of customers who don’t care as much as I do.

[GoF] Booty Kawl – Blackgate

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

Usually your browser remembers your password. So look into your browsers security. There should be a way to browse all the saved passwords.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It’s true that we may have more support pings when players need help remembering their first password. However, the good outweighs the bad, and having a password change will help secure many account that may be at risk of compromise.

So we’ll be ready, willing, and able to help those who forget their passwords, and for those who remember them, it’s a 2-minute process that really contributes to account security.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Merrydew.4079

Merrydew.4079

How are we supposed to even let Support know we need help if we can’t remember our password??? We need our password to create an entirely new Support Account just so you will talk to us! Your “Support System” needs to be simplified for this new password farce.

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

How are we supposed to even let Support know we need help if we can’t remember our password??? We need our password to create an entirely new Support Account just so you will talk to us! Your “Support System” needs to be simplified for this new password farce.

No, support can be accessed without the game data. Just use an email you wish to use and go ahead. Otherwise people locked out of the game, would not get help at all. Anet NEVER worked that way. Support tickets work with different credentials.