Can't run my gw2 on mac

Can't run my gw2 on mac

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: xXArtyXx.4781

xXArtyXx.4781

After i downloaded the client for mac i tried to open it but it just always doesn’t show the game log-in screen, please tell me how to solve this T_T

Can't run my gw2 on mac

Posted by: Sea Anna.6298

Sea Anna.6298

I am having the same problem . I’ve been playing GW2 on my mac for a year & 1/2.

As of one week ago GW2 does not work on my Mac at all. The login screen doesn’t appear when I open the program. I have uninstalled GW 2 & rebooted twice and nothing. I am running Mavericks.

Extremely bummed , I’ve already pre-purchased HOT.

Thanks for any help!

Can't run my gw2 on mac

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I can run it but it is not a pleasant experience and it is untrustworthy in that it can crash randomly. I now mostly play on a Win laptop and it is like chalk and cheese. I can relax with the laptop and not worry that I will have to reload if I look at the map or howl at the moon or whatever. I still remember the days when my Mac could play it just as well.

I really do think the honest thing for Anet to do would be to stop advertising this game as Mac compatible. I love the game and I love my Mac but they do not mix that well any more.

Can't run my gw2 on mac

Posted by: HippieJoel.9537

HippieJoel.9537

Whilst ANet seem to have better things to worry about than Mac support, if you are on a Mac I’d recommend you try running the game with PlayOnMac plus the Windows version. I’m doing that now and whilst the experience certainly isn’t perfect it’s much better than what I’m getting with the official Mac client.

Can't run my gw2 on mac

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

I am having no issues running the game on my Mac (Book Pro – latest El Capitan). But I did notice that the launcher window takes some time to load. Have you tried waiting for it? And I mean it can actually take some time to appear.