Can this laptop run guild wars 2?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FreshPrince.8160

FreshPrince.8160

Hey,
i’ve been looking at a few laptops, I mainly want one that can run this game on lowest settings with a good FPS and minimal lag.
I found one and the specs of it are :

750GB HDD
6GB RAM
AMD A4-4300M graphics card
AMD Quad Core A8-4500M Processor 1.9 GHz (4MB Cache)
Windows 8 64-bit

I know that the minimum processor required for this game is 2.1 GHz, but will 1.9 GHz do?
Thanks.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

You won’t get a “good FPS”, that’s for sure. It might just be bearable in PvE, but don’t expect more than 30 fps on lowest graphics when nothing is happening.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

I don’t think that will do too well in GW2, personally.

Posted by: Miksa.9285

Miksa.9285

You should maybe consider a laptop running Intel Core, as they seem to get better results in GW2.

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

That laptop will ‘run’ GW2.
That laptop will NOT give ‘good FPS’. Minimal lag ..well lag is from ur Internet so ur likely to be fine no matter what rig u get. Lag does not = low FPS

If ur budget is ‘low’ (which it seems to be going by those specs) you would be better of building a PC. It still wont be great but it will be a whole lot better than what that laptop can produce.
If you MUST have a laptop, and you want to play games on it, you need to invest in a ‘proper’ gaming laptop (not just one thats been labed a gaming laptop by the retailer)
So your looking the region of $1000/£1000 for entry into proper gaming laptops

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

I agree with what Miksa has said. I would recommend looking for a laptop with maybe a higher end i3 or a mid range i5 mobile processor with perhaps at least a Radeon HD 7670m graphics chipset. It will be a little more expensive than the one you had found with the specs you listed, but for GW2 it will do better because of the intel core.

However, for the same price of the laptop of the specs you listed, a desktop would be a more viable option for roughly the same price, maybe a little bit more (not too much) and there you could get something like an intel core i3 or even a higher speed Intel Pentium dual core and it should handle this game alright. I’m confident that the intel i3 can make short work of a lot of areas in GW2. Also if you decide you’d like a desktop instead and want to build it, I recommend keeping patient and buying deals on the parts you want to save even more money