Can we get an update on GW1 Tickets?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Not too long ago, it was mentioned that soon guild wars 1 tickets would be handled with the GW2 ones.

How soon until this will actually be happening? I’ve been waiting 69 days so far for a response to my ticket and would like to know how much longer i can be expected to wait.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Cashal.5102

Cashal.5102

All,

I want to start off by saying, that I’ve usually heard mixed things about Anet support, ranging from Amazing to the worst ever. That being said this is my experience thus far and I would like someone from Support to clarify. This is definately not a troll, It’s more like the end of my wits rope.

Jan 28th – GW2 Account – Locked
Submitted ticket – Support helped me and fixed it within 2 days. Pretty painless.

Feburary 3rd – My GW1 (original) Account is locked out.
Okay, Submitted ticket with all required info. Heard nothing (apart from the Automated response). I updated the ticket several times over the next few weeks and nothing. To this very day, I’ve yet to hear a word from them.

Hrm, Maybe it was just a glitch? Now I know they state that they are experiencing long ticket times. . . but a month seemed a little excessive to me. So I submitted another ticket. I also know that they ask not for duplicate tickets, but I figured it must have been lost or closed or whatever.

March 15th – Submitted 2nd Ticket for the Issue.
To this date, Still no word.

I read the sticky about delayed ticket times. They mentioned more than a 24 hour delay. . . . Which is technically true for me, but there comes a point of excessive waiting they should probably update the expectation. Even if they told me
“Your issue will be resolved in 6 months.”
I’d be okay with that at this point! lol. Some notice of when its going to be resolved is better than nothing.
Now I know the vast majority will tell me to “QQ More” or something similar, but I’m reaching out to see if this is common for the rest of folks.

If this is common, I’m shocked that their support is this slow. I’m in disbelief that this is in fact how they operate.

Anyone else had a similar issue? Is it just centered around GW Original?

Cashal.5102

Josh, I’m in the same boat you are, I just posted something similar:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW-Original-Support-Blackhole/first#post4951252

Cashal.5102

Edit:

Feb 3rd Ticket Number: 1221632

March 15th Ticket Number: 1355945

Side Note: I do hope their ticket number system isn’t sequential. That would mean they’ve had over 100,000 tickets in one month.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve heard the support for Guild Wars 1 is best described as minimal and that a ticket can literally take months to resolve. Since I’ve also heard that making additional tickets sends you back to the end of the ticket queue, it might be best to close out your second ticket and update the first one as needed.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The tickets are sequential; there have been ~100,000 tickets/month the last few months. Over a million in the last year.

That said, GW support is, as noted above, minimal, as the game is not really supported any more. The latest Dev responses about it was they were pulling some GW2 support personnel over to help with GW support, but no real idea how many people that might have been. I’m sure there was quite a back-log before that time, so it seems it will take some time to catch up.

Do close out any duplicate tickets, as that only slows down response time.

Good luck.

Posted by: Zayin.4632

Zayin.4632

I’ve heard the support for Guild Wars 1 is best described as minimal and that a ticket can literally take months to resolve. Since I’ve also heard that making additional tickets sends you back to the end of the ticket queue, it might be best to close out your second ticket and update the first one as needed.

This is rather upsetting to hear as one of the FAQ statements is to recreate a ticket after a month, I really hope we can get some kind of statement from a staff member. I don’t mind waiting months if in the end I get my account back but I don’t want to have my spot in line get reset because of information I got on an FAQ. My first ticket was posted more then three months ago and I can imagine how people must be feeling who have been waiting even longer then that.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This FAQ thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Delayed-or-No-Ticket-Reply-Read-This/first#post4533589 is in regards to GW2 tickets.

It does not apply, nor was written for or about, to GW1 tickets. (It was written before GW1 support was moved to the GW2 CS Team.)

Thus, you would do best to close out any duplicate tickets, and only update your original.

Good luck.

Posted by: Zayin.4632

Zayin.4632

This FAQ thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Delayed-or-No-Ticket-Reply-Read-This/first#post4533589 is in regards to GW2 tickets.

It does not apply, nor was written for or about, to GW1 tickets. (It was written before GW1 support was moved to the GW2 CS Team.)

Thus, you would do best to close out any duplicate tickets, and only update your original.

Good luck.

I had assumed that that post was made for the ticket system in general and even though the tickets might be handled by different teams I find it strange that they would handle tickets differently. My main reason for mentioning this is simply that I’m sure I am not the only one who would make this mistake and think it would benefit people greatly and reduce the ticket submissions if that was to be made clear somewhere.

Just a flesh wound.3589

My guess is big difference is that with the Guild Wars 2 ticket, if there isn’t a response after a month it’s because something is wrong with your ticket. It’s lost in some manner so it’s best to make another. With Guild Wars 1 support, the difference is lack of people handling tickets. A month old ticket is still in queue, there just isn’t enough support to get to it yet.

ANet may give it to you.

Cashal.5102

I can understand a lack of GW1 Support. It’s an older game, but it does affect GW2 active players (who linked the account). Not going to let this thread die until its resolved for OP and myself.

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Would still like an answer from an official source.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-7-days-older/4845309

This is has the most recent dev post on the topic. It reads:

Guild Wars 1 tickets.

If your ticket is login related we’re moving GW2 team members over to work on those. If it’s an appeal and your account was compromised we’ll get you back in. If it’s gameplay related you won’t get a response immediately but it will eventually direct you to the Guild Wars wiki.

Going forward all GW accounts with linked GW2 accounts (or seeking a link) will be handled by the GW2 team in order to speed things up.

Again – we only support game access and exploit reporting for Guild Wars. All other issues are no longer supported (game hints, bugs, etc.).

The salient points are:

• The GW2 team will help with GW1 tickets if your accounts are linked.
  • They will help with game access (and deal with exploits), but not anything else.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

JoshuaRAWR.4653

That was posted a month ago and I’ve still received no reply.

It’s in regards to my lost gw1 account details and wanting to get it linked to my gw2 account.

The salient points are:

(or seeking a link)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That was posted a month ago and I’ve still received no reply.

It’s in regards to my lost gw1 account details and wanting to get it linked to my gw2 account.

The salient points are:

(or seeking a link)

According to Michael Henninger

1179588 1

Everything marked with a 1 is for Guild Wars 1 and I don’t review those here. However; I am looking at policy to speed up our response times. This will involve upholding banned accounts under all circumstances so if you’re appealing a ban from 2010 you won’t see a response from us.

So for whatever reason, they seem to have tagged your ticket as a GW1 issue. Was it originally created as a Guild Wars 1?

• If it was, it might work better if you create a GW2 ticket, something like “trouble linking GW2 to GW1 account”.
  • If it was originally created as a GW2 ticket, then just keep reminding them every week in the same thread, making the same point: “trouble linking GW2 to GW1 account”.

I’m sorry it’s taking so long. I see you have made several polite requests for an update; it must be extremely frustrating to have to be that patient.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Yeah, i made a seperate ticket listed under GW2 as well, and that hasn’t received a reply for 2 months, it’s just getting on my nerves now and frankly, starting to kitten me off.

Posted by: Reverand.9714

Reverand.9714

Wow,
You guys make me feel a little better I’ve only been waiting 2.5 weeks.
I bought GW trilogy in 2011 played for a few months, then in 2012 ordered GW2
played it for a few months. After going through my junk mail I found 60+ from GW , come back we miss you! ( you know the mail I’m talking about)
From what i remember it was entertaining.
So the GW journey begins anew. Logged-in to GW2 and tried to log-in to GW.
mmmhmmm
I didn’t play in 2014 so my accounts are not linked.
Also my old GW account is no longer valid because it was not an email address.
I have my CD keys and my gmail is still the same. I’m afraid I don’t remember my character name.
Hope that’s not a game changer but it’s been 3 years !
I guess i was not missed as much as the emails said. LOL
Anyhow after all this is worked out(if all this is worked out), I hope to see you in game.

(edited by Reverand.9714)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Really…how odd! I’ve never received a ‘Come back to GW1’ email. I’ve never heard of anyone getting one, before, either. Are you sure they aren’t phishing emails, or something?

Reverand.9714

Guild Wars 2 Support support@guildwars2.com via zendesk.com

Mar 27 (11 days ago)

to me

1. Please type your reply above this line -##

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! Your request (xxxxxxxxxx) has been received, and is being reviewed by our Support team.

We’ll contact you as soon as we have an answer for you. Can’t wait? Visit our Knowledge Base!

Note: We are receiving a high volume of tickets at this time, but we will get to your ticket as quickly as possible. Please do not submit extra tickets, as this will slow down our response time. Thanks for your patience!

To add information to your request, simply reply to this email. If you no longer need assistance, just reply with “I no longer need help” in the body of your email.
————————————————————————————————————————————————-
When you contact the Support team it is GW2

As of December 11, 2014, Guild Wars accounts will be solely managed through the Guild Wars 2 account management page. If you need to reset your password:

And your account is linked to a Guild Wars 2 account, you can do so here. Keep in mind that the password for your Guild Wars account is the same password as your Guild Wars 2 account.
And you do not currently have a valid e-mail as your account name, or if your account is not linked, please contact our Support team for assistance.

When you contact the Support team it is GW2

Reverand.9714

Really…how odd! I’ve never received a ‘Come back to GW1’ email. I’ve never heard of anyone getting one, before, either. Are you sure they aren’t phishing emails, or something?

Hmmm maybe they don,t like you as much… But I’d be willing to bet it was a jest on my part and most of the mails are trying to sell me expansions ect. What do you think?

After going through my JUNK mail I found 60+ from GW , come back we miss you! ( YOU KNOW THE MAIL I’M TALKING ABOUT)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m afraid I do not. But, it’s nice you get them, whatever they are.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Hmmm maybe they don,t like you as much… But I’d be willing to bet it was a jest on my part and most of the mails are trying to sell me expansions ect. What do you think?

After going through my JUNK mail I found 60+ from GW , come back we miss you! ( YOU KNOW THE MAIL I’M TALKING ABOUT)

There are no mails like that from GW1. If you’re getting them they’re most likely phishing attempts. GW1 is in maintenance mode, it would be very very bizarre for them to send out emails like that…

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve never gotten them either and I have 2 accounts. You might want to check the link.

ANet may give it to you.

Reverand.9714

You all must be pulling my chain. It is hard to understand how that is. Just so i have it right you have never been asked to buy anything from GW/Arenanet ? I have 6 just this year. words like preorder , be the 1st, discount and half price.

http://gyazo.com/b63adb1c4fe3bcdf0a0b135c38af935c

http://gyazo.com/402c03671a634ba02fc3dbdf29bb3cc1

I have many many more going back to 2011
I am a little to old for this kind of thing, so maybe i have this whole gmail thing wrong

Just a flesh wound.3589

You all must be pulling my chain. It is hard to understand how that is. Just so i have it right you have never been asked to buy anything from GW/Arenanet ? I have 6 just this year. words like preorder , be the 1st, discount and half price.

http://gyazo.com/b63adb1c4fe3bcdf0a0b135c38af935c

http://gyazo.com/402c03671a634ba02fc3dbdf29bb3cc1

I have many many more going back to 2011
I am a little to old for this kind of thing, so maybe i have this whole gmail thing wrong

Those pictures show email from Guild Wars 2 when I look at them, not Guild Wars 1.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Reverand.9714

OMG so the distinction your making is between GW and GW2 ?

Just a flesh wound.3589

OMG so the distinction your making is between GW and GW2 ?

This thread is about Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 1 support time to respond to Guild Wars 1 related tickets.

ANet may give it to you.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Those are the newsletters you sign up for, and ask to be sent. They are Guild Wars 2-specific.

Nothing about Guild Wars (One) in them. Never asking one ‘to come back’, as it is impossible to leave Guild Wars (1 or 2).

Thanks for clearing that up.

Cashal.5102

Still waiting on GW Support to give us an answer here. There are a ton of players who would like their tickets expedited for GW1.

On a similar note to OP. The second ticket I put in was in the GW2 section as well, I thought it might get a faster response time but still no word.

Posted by: Captainlasercannon.8914

Captainlasercannon.8914

Been waiting close to three months now for what should’ve been a simple email switch on my old GW1 account so i can access it again.

Cashal.5102

In my opinion, since it’s linked to my GW2 account, It affects my GW2 gameplay. Simple bump here to continue this thread.

FlamingFoxx.1305

It shouldn’t even matter that it’s linked to GW2. We’ve all PAID for our GW1 accounts, there is absolutely no excuse for not responding to issues where people aren’t able to access the account that they’ve paid for in a timely manner. It’s really really poor on their part.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It shouldn’t even matter that it’s linked to GW2. We’ve all PAID for our GW1 accounts, there is absolutely no excuse for not responding to issues where people aren’t able to access the account that they’ve paid for in a timely manner. It’s really really poor on their part.

Except for the fact that the game itself is in maintenance mode you mean?
How long should they have a full set of support personal for it though? 10 years? 20 years? Forever?
Guild Wars 1 basically generates no money anymore, thus they can’t really justify having a full support team for it. Simple as that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

FlamingFoxx.1305

Except for the fact that the game itself is in maintenance mode you mean?
How long should they have a full set of support personal for it though? 10 years? 20 years? Forever?
Guild Wars 1 basically generates no money anymore, thus they can’t really justify having a full support team for it. Simple as that.

That isn’t how it works. When you buy a product you enter into a legal transaction with the seller. It doesn’t matter if the game is in maintenance mode, there has never been any indication that support has ceased for the game, nor have they stopped selling it. Sure they can’t justify having a dedicated support team for it, but if they’re going to still be doing things to the game that cause people to be locked out of their accounts (and it appears that they have done something which has cause a lot of people to be locked out for no reason), then they have a responsibility to support their customers. They’ve said that GW1 support tickets would be handled by the GW2 support staff, and yet they aren’t even doing that. Which is a pretty huge problem, to say you’re going to do something and not actually be doing it.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Might have something to do with support staff being reduced at NCSoft West. It’s hard to tell. Still, things might get better once the new support structure is up and running. Time will tell.

Another sale this weekend; another month of ~100,000 tickets may be forthcoming, and the pressure on the support team continued.

FlamingFoxx.1305

Might have something to do with support staff being reduced at NCSoft West. It’s hard to tell. Still, things might get better once the new support structure is up and running. Time will tell.

Shouldn’t have anything to do with it. Those support staff were specifically for NCSoft accounts and the accounts of games that were run through the master account system (e.g. Aion), they’ve never had anything to do with Guild Wars 2 accounts and they haven’t had anything to do with Guild Wars 1 accounts for quite some time.