Cannot Launch Guildwars 2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: BurdenMax.3602

BurdenMax.3602

Hi, I am unable to launch GuildWars 2 for the a few months now, I already sent a report numerous times awaiting a reply to no avail. So I’m here on the forums. May I know what is the reason why i cannot launch GW2? Crash Report text is attached. Thanks in advance

Attachments:

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

We have a new record for background applications:

—> System Memory <—
Physical: 4465MB/ 8091MB 55%
Paged: 12636MB/16180MB 78%
Virtual: 3864MB/ 4095MB 94%
Load: 44%
CommitTotal: 3544MB
CommitLimit: 16180MB
CommitPeak: 4299MB
SystemCache: 2172MB
HandleCount: 47659
ProcessCount: 138 <—- Seriously? Wow…
ThreadCount: 2246

Try disabling all unneeded startup programs to eliminate the possibility of a software conflict. More info here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Dude, you’re spamming with generic information that you picked up from Internet, I recon? Nothing out of the ordinary with 138 processes running.. :p
You are confusing processes with background applications..

When you wanna give technical support, make sure you understand it yourself..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Dude, you’re spamming with generic information that you picked up from Internet, I recon? Nothing out of the ordinary with 138 processes running.. :p
You are confusing processes with background applications..

When you wanna give technical support, make sure you understand it yourself..

Nope. I’ve been a repair tech (electronics/computers) for over 30 years. If I were to place shortcuts to every program installed on my PC in the startup folder, I wouldn’t come anywhere close to 138 processes. I’ve been doing this since before Windows even existed.

BTW, background programs (that start with Windows) show up as processes. In addition, each instance of Svchost contains several processes (mostly Microsoft).

Sometimes software conflicts occur and the point of my post was to eliminate that possibility. My Windows 7 machine has about 38 processes running, including Avira (3 or 4 processes) and the programs needed to make my G15 keyboard run properly.

So yeah, the OP should eliminate the possibility of software conflicts interfering with GW2. In fact, that is one of the things that the GW2 techs also recommend.

Edited to add:

“Nothing out of the ordinary with 138 processes running”

In what universe? I’ve been building and setting up PC’s for over 20 years and it certainly is not common to have that much stuff running in the background. It definitely does not occur with a fresh OS install. Some of those are probably even malware.

(edited by abomally.2694)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

That many processes does seem a bit abnormal, especially if you have that many after a reboot and assuming an average user, however, if you consider just how many processes some software has, it also might not be that much. You would actually need to look at the processes to make a judgment. For comparison, a fresh install of Win7x64 is around 30-35 processes and I’m running with around 100.

Consider that every device connected to the computer could have several processes. That alone could be anywhere from just a few to 30+. NVidia/GeForce Experience for example is 11 processes and Razer is 4, though most are only 1 or 2. Imagine how many different devices you could have that included its own software to bloat your process count (keyboard, mouse, webcam, headset, mic, gamepad, Bluetooth device, anything Apple, etc).

-

The error posted however is about sockets. If you’re running a VPN/proxy, disable it. Search the start menu for cmd, right click cmd.exe and run it as an administrator. Enter following commands, then reboot:

netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

If the problem persists, press WindowsKey+R and open msconfig. Under services, check hide all Microsoft and then click disable all. Under the startup tab, click disable all. Click OK and reboot. Try running the game.

You may also need to update your network adapter’s drivers. Under the control panel, search for network connections, open it and select your primary adapter. Right click it, select properties, then configure. Under the driver tab, uninstall the driver, but first, find the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Yeah this is mostly about proxy server settings, you’ll have to get those checked out. If you use a proxy server for internet access or tunneling through firewalls that’s fine but you’ll have to make sure that Internet Explorer has the correct information as most programs import the proxy settings from IE, I don’t know if GW2 does or not but it’s a decent starting point.

As for the massive amount of background processes you have, you can always safely shut down anything that is in the system tray (clock area), and the Startup folder in your Start Menu.
You seem to have 8gb of ram but your system is caching 12gb of stuff, this is completely abnormal so you should check that out as well. Ccleaner has a startup section that can help you with your background programs and your browser hijackers, PUPs, etc. You should also run some antivirus and antispyware scans.

However, you may also be on a multi-user system and this might be completely normal if other users are logged on and you just switched over to your profile. I don’t know cause I’m always the only user on my computers but the logic is sound. If that’s the case, have the other users log out before you game if possible.