Cannot Play Without Being Disconnected

Cannot Play Without Being Disconnected

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Whimpered.6095

Whimpered.6095

I am constantly being disconnected from the game with various error codes. I will take a screenshot the next time I feel like loading the game up because I’m just so frustrated with it right now; I don’t even want to try to load it.

• I never had these problems before the big update that came earlier in September. ********

The various error messages involve:
- Disconnected from the game servers due to firewall/virus program settings or campus connection. Check your settings, etc. etc.
- Lost connection to server. Wait a few moments before restarting client. <— That’s all it tells me and that one makes me mad the most.

I can play any other online game under the sun and not have an issue, but I can’t run GW2 more than 5-30mins without being disconnected/kicked off.

I’ve changed my firewall settings and anything regarding GW2 is allowed through on both public and private networks, sometimes even turning it completely off just to see if that would fix it, but to no prevail. I’ve also turned my virus program off simultaneously and I still get the errors. I’ve deleted and redownloaded the entire game, restarted my router, did a system restore to an earlier point, and nothing has worked, so I’m heavily leaning on something happened when the new update came out.

PC Specs:
Intel Core i5 Processor @3.20GHz
Nvidia GT 640 Graphics Card
12GB Ram
64 Bit Windows 8.1

All drivers are updated and anything else that could possibly need an update has been checked and done.

If you need more pc info I’ll be happy to oblige, but like I said in the beginning of the post, I had zero problems running GW2 before the September update and this is the only game I have these problems with. I don’t know if it’s poor optimization or what, but it’s so frustrating that I can’t play. This is my favorite MMO.

Crystal Desert
Chelly Anne, Sylvari Ranger (80)
“This rose has thorns; Here they are!”