Cannot log into GW2

Cannot log into GW2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JCPenniless.4320

JCPenniless.4320

I am unable to log into the game without re downloading the entire thing. If I log out or if there is an error, it is then unable to log back in. I have tried redownloading, port80, firewalls, and Netsh Winsock Reset.

Cannot log into GW2

Posted by: Bragou.8972

Bragou.8972

Did anything happen to work?

Cannot log into GW2

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Re-downloading the game shouldn’t have any effect. Is GW2 properly installed? There’s a bug where it may install directly to your temporary folder or show a login prompt prior to installing that doesn’t actually work. Rename Gw2Setup.exe to Gw2.exe and place it wherever you want to install it. If it was installed properly, you have other software interfering with it.

Did anything happen to work?

You mentioned a connection error on the launcher, which means it can’t connect to the patch server. If GW2 isn’t installed yet, rename Gw2Setup.exe to Gw2.exe and place it wherever you want to install it. In the folder with Gw2.exe, append the following to the address bar and press enter to launch it:

\Gw2.exe -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

The above is using ArenaNet’s own patch server, so if it fails, you either have something blocking the connection or a network problem (ping 64.25.41.2). If it worked however, to actually fix the problem without relying on the above, switch to using Google’s DNS, since your default is supplying outdated information.

Cannot log into GW2

Posted by: Bragou.8972

Bragou.8972

Thanks a lot it finally worked m8. Thank you very much

edit: Its downloading and starting but it doesnt download the files anywhere. I placed everything in a folder but its as if it’s not downloading anything

(edited by Bragou.8972)

Cannot log into GW2

Posted by: evilvenom.6713

evilvenom.6713

Ticket #6493475
JUST CAME BACK AFTER A FEW YEARS

evilvenom.6713Yesterday at 17:26
JUST CAME BACK AFTER A FEW YEARS HAD TO RESET MY LOGIN PASSWORD BOUGHT THE UPCOMING EXPANSION PACK DOWNLOADED THE LAUNCHER CLIENT FROM YOUR WEBSITE TRIED LOGGING IN TO HAVE IT SAY THAT I’M BANNED FOR SELLING GOLD OR IN GAME ITEMS FOR REAL MONEY. THAT’S NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS I WAS HACKED. HAD AN EMAIL TELLING ME THAT MY PASSWORD NEEDED RESET I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS. WAS THAT A BAD THING TO DO? I’M THINKING SO. PLEASE UN BAN ME OR LET ME USE THESE SERIAL CODES ON A NEW ACCOUNT.

Attachments: