Cannot purchase Gems

Cannot purchase Gems

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kitavia.5276

Kitavia.5276

I keep getting Error after payment method is entered.

It is “error”: “parse”,
“type”: “orderModel:error”

I’d like to buy more gems, but its not possible atm!

Cannot purchase Gems

Posted by: mojo.7563

mojo.7563

I’m having the same issue.

Cannot purchase Gems

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I was getting this on my Mac from Mac client launch until just after Halloween, our fix is easy, we just delete contents of a hidden folder, reload the game and voila, gem purchasing returns and the tp behaves itself a little more consistently…. But I’m not sure how to accomplish the same thing on pc…

My friend started getting this yesterday on her Mac too after the maintenance, but she cannot seem to get to the folder without her hubs, so I don’t know if that’s related and I have plenty of gems atm so buying is not an option for me right now. If this works for her, I’ll post back.

In the meantime, I hope some pc guru comes on to help you with yours.

Cannot purchase Gems

mojo.7563

“contents of a hidden folder” which one? Do you know the location? Thanks!

Cannot purchase Gems

mojo.7563

Cannot purchase Gems

Kyllaa.1385

Mojo, that’s the one. I just checked in with my friend and that was a no go for here too.

So this my friends seems to be a new bug introduced after the maintenance yesterday. (6/12/13)

You may want to start filing tickets to see if this can be addressed… Again, if I didn’t just purchase gems last week, I’d test it myself too. (I asked her to test on a 2nd Mac, but it seems she will not be able to test a 2nd Mac, maybe I can convince my hubs to try lol)

Hopefully a dev could pop in on this, but the status seems “unlikely” after reading a recent post on the bug forum by Jon Peters.

Kitavia, if you coud post back if you’re on a Mac or pc that would be great. Thanks.

(edited by Kyllaa.1385)

Cannot purchase Gems

Kyllaa.1385

Does anyone have any word on this yet? Is anyone else experiencing this?

We’ve got 2 macs and 1 unknown. Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue at all? My friend is fairly annoyed and I don’t want to buy more gems to test it on mine.

Cannot purchase Gems

Posted by: Drunk Fox.6409

Drunk Fox.6409

Im having the same EXACT issue, and have been since i got the latest patch update (yesterday)

when i go to buy gems it reads

{

“error”:“parse”,
“type”: “orderModel:error” }

Hopefully they can look into this

Btw im on a Mac

Cannot purchase Gems

Posted by: Stonehead.5108

Stonehead.5108

i have this error when i try to buy gems from paypal:

Error!

{
“type” : “stepExternalIntro:error”
}

Hope we get any fix soon :I

Cannot purchase Gems

Kyllaa.1385

Drunk fox, please view this page and let me know if anything works for you: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Error-confirming-purchase-of-gems/first#post2214350

So far, this is shaping up to be a Mac only issue.

Cannot purchase Gems

Kyllaa.1385

I just tested it and I also got the parse error. I’ll go through the troubleshooting steps also and if it doesn’t work, I’ll file a ticket next.

Cannot purchase Gems

Kyllaa.1385

Just filed my ticket. Crossing fingers they find out what happened a get a quick fix out for us

Cannot purchase Gems

Kyllaa.1385

Well, that is a disappointing response! I’ll post my ticket response for any of you who have not filed one:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting NCSoft’s Technical Suppport. At this time we’re currently been made aware of the issue and are actively investigating the cause. Unfortunately we have no ETA on when this will be resolved yet. We have discovered that as a work around you should be able to make purchases using a Windows machine if you have access to one. This includes Mac machines running Boot Camp as well.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you, and appreciate your patience as we work towards a more permanent resolution.

If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
XXXX
NCSOFT Technical Support

Rather disappointing if I may say so myself. I’m sure many peeps purchased the Mac client without owning windows at all… Not very nice and just shows the level of Mac support we receive.

Cannot purchase Gems

Posted by: Bistouri.6038

Bistouri.6038

Rather disappointing if I may say so myself. I’m sure many peeps purchased the Mac client without owning windows at all… Not very nice and just shows the level of Mac support we receive.

ESO… coming in spring… native Mac client… need one say more?

27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, OS 10.10.1

Cannot purchase Gems

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

Have they fixed this yet? I’m getting this same error on my PC.

Cannot purchase Gems

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

Just to prove I’m not pulling anyone’s leg, here’s a screen shot and to the left you can plainly see a char with the Teq living world wings. not to mention the twilight abor update stuff

Attachments:

Cannot purchase Gems

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Howdy all. Here’s a current thread covering the topic. Please use that thread to post your issues. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Gem-store-error