Cannot remember new password : Always invalid

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

My game is installed on a different partition than the system. Yesterday I reinstalled Windows. Since then, the saved password has been invalid and nothing I do seems to make the game remember the right password.
Things I tried :
- Unckecked the “Save password” box and closed the launcher.
- Unckecked the “Save password” box, entered the new password, checked the box again and fully logged into the game.
- Unckeched the “Save password” box, left it unchecked and fully logged into the game.
- Did all of the above with “Remember Account name”

However it keeps coming back to all the checkboxes being checked and the wrong password being saved.

(edited by Kasima.8143)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Try deleting Local.dat, which is where it’s saved along with a few other hardware related settings. It can be found under %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/ and optionally under Documents/Guild Wars 2/.

Also, run Gw2.exe directly and as an administrator. (if you’re using -sharearchive Local.dat is read-only)

If you’re on Windows 10, I’ve heard that GW2 lacks permissions to write to its own folder, so you’ll need to manually change that under the folder’s security permissions.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Yeah try setting GW2 to run as administer and see what happens

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Also, run Gw2.exe directly and as an administrator. (if you’re using -sharearchive Local.dat is read-only)

This was the problem. Thank you!