Cant choose directory to install game client.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: bob.9572

bob.9572

Q:

I have simple problem. After downloading Gw2Setup.exe from https://account.arena.net/content/download/gw2/win/32 and starting this file i cant choose directory for installing client. Game all time installing by default to C:\Program Files. My C disk have 40 gb space and only free 2 gb. I read FAq from https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862968-The-Guild-Wars-2-Client and 5 part dont work for me because i dont have this option. I delete my previos client from system if what.
I Have Window OC 32 bit and microsoft security essential(anti vir).

Attachments:

(edited by bob.9572)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

A:

I intresting in solution how correct installing this game.

The current installer doesn’t support selecting a directory, so you’ll need to wait for an update. Alternatively, install it, move the folder, then use regedit to update the paths.

Healix.5819

GW2 doesn’t actually need to be installed in the traditional sense. You can simply move your Guild Wars 2 folder wherever you want. If you haven’t gotten that far yet, simply rename Gw2Setup.exe to Gw2.exe and place it wherever you want to install it.

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Can you manually make a GuildWars2 folder on a drive with at least 35GB free space and run the installer from there?

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

Healix.5819

Can you manually make a GuildWars2 folder on a drive with at least 35GB free space and run the installer from there?

Gw2Setup.exe? Rename it to Gw2.exe and place it wherever you want.

It doesn’t matter where you put Gw2.exe. It’ll simply install to its current folder.

Posted by: bob.9572

bob.9572

Thx for helping but i undestand how avoid this problem. I intresting in solution how correct installing this game.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do be aware you may have issue playing the game outside Core Tyria with a Windows 32-bit OS.

Good luck.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

you will have to upgrade your windows 32 bit system . to windows10 64 bit system as the game no longer supports 32 bit systems any more . they also come right out and tell you not to even use a 32 bit system for this game . and that answer is right here in this link post.

Note: 64 bit is strongly recommended for quality of experience

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements

also too if your using a out dated 32 bit system . you need to fully upgrade your stone age computer in order to keep playing the game . hope this helps you and good luck

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Raikovax.7659

Raikovax.7659

Thx for helping but i undestand how avoid this problem. I intresting in solution how correct installing this game.

Healix posted your solution.

Gw2Setup.exe? Rename it to Gw2.exe and place it wherever you want.

It doesn’t matter where you put Gw2.exe. It’ll simply install to its current folder.