Cant purchase expansion

Cant purchase expansion

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

I used my credit card for gem purchases and I’m sure it works. But somehow I cannot purchase expansion. It fails at final step. Any help would be appreciated.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Cant purchase expansion

Posted by: MrNinkompoop.1462

MrNinkompoop.1462

Could you include more details please? How does it fail? Where are youi trying to use the Gem store from? Things like that. From what I have seen though, I would submit a ticket explaining this (I had to because I couldn’t buy it with a CC). They sometimes have safeguards preventing purchases.

Cant purchase expansion

Dangus.6572

I try to purchase through this site
http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_IE/html/pbPage.heartofthorns

It fails in final “Checkout” page after I enter CC data and press “buy now”. Error says “Payment authorization Failed”.

Card and owner details are ok. Double checked that. Card is valid. I used same card for any in game purchases before. Not sure what’s wrong.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Cant purchase expansion

Posted by: Reia.5270

Reia.5270

I am having the same problem “Payment authorization Failed”. Tried over 20 times for 2 days using 2 different credit cards and now I have missed my pre-order bonus. Customer support pretty much just asked to retry and it still doesn’t work.

Cant purchase expansion

Posted by: Gangsta.3218

Gangsta.3218

I have the exact same problem “Payment Authorization Failed”. I have checked with my bank and the card is ok. I made a ticket to support, waiting for their answer.

Cant purchase expansion

Posted by: Zolltan.5487

Zolltan.5487

I have the exact same issue as those above, I get “Payment authorization failed” even though my card has the necessary funds for the purchase.

Cant purchase expansion

Dangus.6572

Hi,

I made it. It was in my bank settings to authorise only secure payments. Somehow it treated Anet’s payment forwarders not safe. Solution for me was temporary disable this feature and it worked. Hope it will help to anybody.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Cant purchase expansion

Gangsta.3218

Hi,

I made it. It was in my bank settings to authorise only secure payments. Somehow it treated Anet’s payment forwarders not safe. Solution for me was temporary disable this feature and it worked. Hope it will help to anybody.

Thanks Dangus! I love you <3 <3 <3

This worked for me also.

I’ve been i contact with support at GW2, PayPal and Visa – And NONE could help me with an answer. So I really hope they see this and take notes!

Cant purchase expansion

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

i got an answer from suport that my purchases are “pending”. I dunno what to do atm as i am scared i will be charged for all the tries i made….

Cant purchase expansion

Gangsta.3218

i got an answer from suport that my purchases are “pending”. I dunno what to do atm as i am scared i will be charged for all the tries i made….

I made a millon tries and got an answer from GW2 support “it appears that your purchase is still on process”.

But when I checked with both PayPal and Visa, they said nothing was pending.

I suggest you do that also, to be sure.

Cant purchase expansion

mcwurth.2081

Hi,

Thanks Dangus! I love you <3 <3 <3

This worked for me also.

I’ve been i contact with support at GW2, PayPal and Visa – And NONE could help me with an answer. So I really hope they see this and take notes!

i dont even know how to do this…. strange tho that i cant pruchase through paypal and bank/cc

Cant purchase expansion

Posted by: PadainFain.6289

PadainFain.6289

The same problem here. I’ve tried 4 different cards as well as PayPal and none of them will complete. None of my cards are blocked and none of the payments have even attempted authorisation with my card holders.

But just before I had bought Gems in game. So I went back into the game and bought the expansion there. Worked first time. I think it’s something to do with what was said about their forwarded requests not appearing secure from the web site.

Cant purchase expansion

mcwurth.2081

The same problem here. I’ve tried 4 different cards as well as PayPal and none of them will complete. None of my cards are blocked and none of the payments have even attempted authorisation with my card holders.

But just before I had bought Gems in game. So I went back into the game and bought the expansion there. Worked first time. I think it’s something to do with what was said about their forwarded requests not appearing secure from the web site.

ingame didnt work either for me for what ever reason. no matter i will order the game at a certified retailer, boxed, for 100 SEK (swedish kronor) less then pre purchase so i can buy myself a character slot as well plus i get a boxed version.

Cant purchase expansion

Posted by: Youd.1375

Youd.1375

Had the same problem, solved with enabling “insecure payment” on my card via the internet bank. There’s a new feature that blocks anything that isn’t using 3DSecure. You have to manually disable the feature through your card settings – the block is then released for 30 minutes.