Causing malfunction while fast-clicking

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: GuildWarWanderer.1238

GuildWarWanderer.1238

Q:

I’ve used warrior as my main character ever since i had this game last year. I don’t know if other people have the same problems like I have on warrior or other character as well. But I just want to spit this out cuz I’m tired of it now. I use whirlwind attack, rush, or bull’s charge consistently very often while my warrior running forward and all the sudden my warrior pulls me backward instead of moving forward whether I am in combat or not. Let say I’m running foward and use the whirlwind attack, rush, then once pressing the bull’s charge my warrior charges backward of the screen. Maybe I press the button very quick and somehows the controls don’t work as I wanted them to be, but seriously, this is very annoying even though I initiate these skills carefully at an consistent time for many many times. Also, whenever this issue causing, my internet works just fine as always . I’m not good in explaining but I hope others would realize what I am getting into. To tech support: I hope your guy will find my issue and will be able to fix it. Many thanks!

(edited by GuildWarWanderer.1238)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Bull’s charge is a leap finisher, it is possible that if your targeted enemy is behind you or if the closest enemy is behind you then it is leaping towards them instead of leaping forward. Although that seems like a far stretch.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs
I suggest you post your issue in the bugs forum instead since it doesn’t actually sound like a mac related issue.

One thing that may be important, make sure your mouse cursor isn’t hovering over using of the User Interface/the Skill bar. Put the mouse cursor/pointer in the middle of the screen and see if you still have the problem?

GuildWarWanderer.1238

you’re right but i didn’t target anybody as i say I wasn’t in combat, also i’m sure i wasn’t hovering any user interface while I using any of above skills.. thanks for your reply anyway

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’d suggest turning auto targeting off and see if you have the same issue. Those skills will attack targets behind you and if you using skills as your running you’ll easy target nearest, which will end up behind you. I’ve done this on my Guardian numerous times.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Doesn’t whirlwind use ground targeting?

GuildWarWanderer.1238

Kyllaa was right. I didn’t use auto-targetting while these things happened to me. I already disabled that function long ago cuz i thought it didn’t go well on battling. Un auto it which would make my characters more controllable.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

the only other thing i can think of is “rubber-banding” caused by server lag or wireless disconnect. It would basically port you back to the last server know location. I’ve not experienced this either on the mac or the pc, but in fairness i don’t have a warrior either.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

GuildWarWanderer.1238

You might be right, munkiman. That might be caused by the server lag. Recently, i still see this issue come to me.. Its really annoying.