CharMotion Error

CharMotion Error

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Infernal Dancer.8560

Infernal Dancer.8560

I got no hits on this, so I made a new post about it.

Since the patch of yesterday (August 12, 2014) I’ve had about 5 times the same crash;

CharMotion has invalid matrix
serious error, crash, report ect…

Im getting this at random moments, usualy when i hit a spell button or try to modify my champ.

Anyone else got this problem?

Hope this will be fixed soon

greets,
Infernal Dancer

CharMotion Error

Posted by: franc.8497

franc.8497

I JUST got the same problem and also some “client quit unexpectedly”

CharMotion Error

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

Did you check the windows support forum as well?

It was patch day so problems can be expected, especially for the mac client. I’m having the client quit “randomly” as well but only when I use high graphics settings (with high I mean medium to high on 1280) .
I haven’t had crashes with low settings but I also haven’t played for that long (max 1.5h).
I’ll just be using windows until they fixed it, maybe the lowering of settings helps you?

I’m not even gonna bother with the crashes this time around…
If you would like to try some things though, this thread might help

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Basic-Mac-Beta-Client-Troubleshooting/first#post2480238

Can you post your specs as well? Makes it easier for other users and the devs to see which machines are hurt this time.

Enjoy the patch though, cheers

CharMotion Error

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

i have the same problem,,,,, started last night around 22 hrs CET

please fix this

Attachments:

CharMotion Error

Posted by: hienvan.7824

hienvan.7824

Same here. I’m usually getting this error when being afk

Attachments:

CharMotion Error

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

I’m still getting this, anyone else?

CharMotion Error

Posted by: Sammael.2430

Sammael.2430

I got it too. I actually got it 2 times in the same day. It isn’t rare, but it happens. How hot does your mac get? According to Temperature monitor, it gets between 88-99 Degrees Celsius (The processor, that is). However, as hot as that seems, the intel processors on the macbook pros (Mine is a 2011, so I’m not sure if this applies to everyone) can tolerate up to 105 degrees C before it shuts off to prevent damage. The reason I’m talking about temperature is that Arenanet told me to download it so they could see how hot it was getting. The support person diagnosed my crashing issue as a heat issue, stating that 93 degrees C was the breakdown point of most hardware.

I also got another error message that said something about sphere tolerance a long time ago. Did anyone else get this?

CharMotion Error

Posted by: DragonXRose.8534

DragonXRose.8534

Hello,

i too have been getting that CharMotion error. It’s been a few times now, over the past days. The screen just freezes and the window, with the error message, pops up.

Attachments:

GANDARA -The Searing- [TS]
Cypressa Belladonna / Yhana Belladonna / Siri Vargsdottir / Kata Sharpe
Siri Meccano / Ysana Deathpale / Siri Bladedancer / Siri Strongheart

CharMotion Error

Posted by: xMeow.8641

xMeow.8641

Just got this error too.
First time was mid-dodge, second was mid-cast of a spell, straight after logging back in.

CharMotion Error

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Only map this has happened to me frequently is Bloodtide coast, this wasn’t during any big fights either was always when I was rather idle.