Character Deleted

Character Deleted

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: PhizMeister.8562

PhizMeister.8562

Today Anet somehow “gave” away my account to someone who was pretending to own it with no proof at all. Just about 10 mins ago i managed to get in touch with Customer Support and they recovered my account and put it back on my original e-mail. Now the problem is when i logged in, all characters were deleted, including my main which now is 1 year and 2 months old.
The question is: Is there any posibility to restore everything? Like a rollback to a day ago or 10 hours ago or something like that?

Character Deleted

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Today Anet somehow “gave” away my account to someone who was pretending to own it with no proof at all. Just about 10 mins ago i managed to get in touch with Customer Support and they recovered my account and put it back on my original e-mail. Now the problem is when i logged in, all characters were deleted, including my main which now is 1 year and 2 months old.
The question is: Is there any posibility to restore everything? Like a rollback to a day ago or 10 hours ago or something like that?

Yes, there is. Update your ticket, or whatever the new procedure is (I am not sure now that it has changed) and ask for an Account Restoration. =)

Character Deleted

PhizMeister.8562

Thanks, i would love to do that, but the support is currently down…

Character Deleted

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Remember though, a restoration only happens once! If you get hacked again, they can give you back your account but won’t restore it a second time.

So make sure you are protected.

Character Deleted

PhizMeister.8562

Well then, can i also change the e-mail then?

Character Deleted

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thanks, i would love to do that, but the support is currently down…

It is working for me. Are you accessing it through the link at the top of this page? The old support system has been disabled.

Character Deleted

PhizMeister.8562

Its back online. Thanks for the tips guys, appreciated.

Character Deleted

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Before you do anything, consider the fact that someone has all the information necessary to recover your account. That means either your e-mail is compromised, or someone physically has access to your information (such as reg codes, character info, date of purchase, etc). Anet doesn’t “give away” accounts. If they have all the information on you to switch e-mails and passwords, there’s nothing preventing the hacker from trying to take back your account again.

I would highly recommend wiping your harddrive, doing a fresh install, and creating a brand new e-mail after. If they have keyloggers on your system, a fresh install after a format will get rid of it. But if there’s a hacker physically nearby, and is using a packet sniffer (or whatever the hackers call it) to intercept your data via Wifi, then you need to stop using wireless.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Character Deleted

Posted by: LittleVladimir.9710

LittleVladimir.9710

Before you do anything, consider the fact that someone has all the information necessary to recover your account. That means either your e-mail is compromised, or someone physically has access to your information (such as reg codes, character info, date of purchase, etc). Anet doesn’t “give away” accounts. If they have all the information on you to switch e-mails and passwords, there’s nothing preventing the hacker from trying to take back your account again.

I would highly recommend wiping your harddrive, doing a fresh install, and creating a brand new e-mail after. If they have keyloggers on your system, a fresh install after a format will get rid of it. But if there’s a hacker physically nearby, and is using a packet sniffer (or whatever the hackers call it) to intercept your data via Wifi, then you need to stop using wireless.

Thanks for the tips, but i also got this account for about 8 months now and no hack attempt was made. So its no keylogger, prolly the e-mail was compromised and i switched it now. But the second problem is that i just got banned while i was leveling a new char. Haha. Bullcrap i call on this.