Character movement via mouse stopped mid game and keyboard issues

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: aliatic.7402

aliatic.7402

Hello,
I’ve been playing the game over the weekend (love it!) and all was working fine until yesterday:

Mid fight I suddenly wasn’t able to move forward using the mouse (left + right click). Everything else was working fine, but this element suddenly stopped. The mouse then started selecting things even when I don’t click.

When I close out of the game, the problem persists, AND my keyboard types random characters when I’m not touching it (and while I’m typing). Restarting the computer seemed to fix the problem, until I went into the game again, and it started again.

Feels like there’s a ghost in the machine!

I have checked the mouse and keyboard drivers, they are up to date.

Using an Asus laptop with laptop keyboard and external Microsoft sidewinder mouse.

Can anyone shed any light?

Posted by: aliatic.7402

aliatic.7402

Have been doing some reasearch on the net – haven’t come across anyone with this same issue. Not sure what I’ve done!

(someone also tried to access my account illegally this morning – had the authentication email come up – so kind of worried it’s due to a virus)

Posted by: Cosmo.8176

Cosmo.8176

I would seriously consider a full offline, safemode system scan with anti-malware and anti-virus software.

Grandmaster Cartographer. Scraping walls like no other.