Choppy Graphics - After Nov. 1st Update

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hobie Kytty.5691

Hobie Kytty.5691

Since last night’s update, the game graphics is very choppy. I also saw candy corn nodes flash on the screen but it disappears before I can get a screen shot. It’s happening in different parts of the maps. Is anyone else experiencing this?

running windows 7 64bit sp1 with nvidia geforce gt 640 graphics card on Stormbluff

Posted by: Phalanix.7542

Phalanix.7542

I’ve been experiencing choppiness from time to time with the framerate recently too, don’t know why. It would drop quite low at times that everything seems like stop-motion animation. It fixes itself when I exit the game and come back in – memory leak somewhere? Though I haven’t updated my video drivers recently, so I should try that first.

Win7 64 bit as well, nVidia GeForce GTX 580 (v296.10)

Choppiness occured at different locations, such as Queensdale, Mad King’s Clock Tower waiting area, Mad King’s Labyrinth, Black Citadel, Lions Arch, etc. so I don’t think location mattered.

Posted by: Hobie Kytty.5691

Hobie Kytty.5691

The choppiness began today. Prior to posting, I tried several things to resolve the issue. I tried reloading GW2 couple times and that didn’t fix the problem. I tried rebooting the whole system, still didn’t fix it. Tried different maps to see if it was isolated to any 1 area and it was not. I went to nvidia to check on latest driver, it already had the latest version 306.97 released 10/10/2012. I also turned off Norton Antivirus firewall and to no avail.

I did not experience any choppiness during the Halloween event or prior. Any other suggestions?

Edit: I did see 2 candy corn nodes flash before my screen in Gendarran and Bloodtide. Don’t know if that’s anything related to the problem I’m experiencing.

(edited by Hobie Kytty.5691)

Posted by: Swiftstorm.2578

Swiftstorm.2578

I’ve had the low-framerate choppiness happen to me alot from time to time. Loading Lion’s arch or any place that happens to have 50 people right at the landing point you’re loading into. I used to exit the game and come back in too until I found this workaround. Set your game resolution to full screen then switch it back to windowed ( or vice versa if you play in full, switch to windowed then go back to full) and it will fix itself. No need for relog. ^^

Posted by: Toffee.7804

Toffee.7804

Having the same issue. I can play maybe 10 seconds at a time before it freezes up. Only when I’m sufficiently frustrated will the game decide to release control to me again.

Logging in also takes forever, menus won’t load properly, I see objects like the crane cables in the charr starting zone wiggling like crazy. The whole mess is just generally unplayable. It’s a shame too, since I just picked the game up maybe 3-4 days ago and it was working perfectly.

Swiftstorm’s suggestion didn’t help either.

Posted by: Archangel.5639

Archangel.5639

At least you can even PLAY the game. I can’t even get to the flash screen you use to enter the game proper.

It must be this update, because my game was working perfectly before this update.

Posted by: fiurion.1058

fiurion.1058

yes facing performance issues after it too, my usual 30 fps halved to an unsteady 19/17 fps again after a patch… even when looking at nothing in a corridor -.-" having new content is good but a stable and optimized guild wars 2 on my opinion would be a win/win for everyone

Posted by: Ludarac.8397

Ludarac.8397

At least you can even PLAY the game. I can’t even get to the flash screen you use to enter the game proper.

It must be this update, because my game was working perfectly before this update.

I am having the same issue, game was running fine at high specs till Nov 1st patch came out, now if I open the launcher it crashes my PC, something is wrong in this patch!

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Was in Frostgorge when I saw a candy corn pop up in the distance and then going away again.

Also noticed a lot of increased lag in WvW (as well as rendering issues in WvW!), up until I only got 9fps and couldn’t play anymore.

It’s almost like there’s a memory leak or something going on and old entries not being properly removed with this patch as my game gets worse and worse the longer I play; up until it becomes unplayable and I’m forced to shut down my entire system because of nausea due to the lag.

And equally important, the rendering issues in WvW appear to be back; which -to me- is even more concerning.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)