Client Repair Not Responding

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: WombatTheMad.3694

WombatTheMad.3694

Hey folks, returning to try out GW2 after it’s initial release. I was able to log in once but had a lot of audio and graphic errors. The next time I opened the client it went into repair mode which was sweet. Then it hung there for about 15 minutes Not Responding.

I followed the instructions to add -repair to the shortcut Target and tried a repair that way. It also came up Not Responding and I let it sit for about half an hour before shutting it down.

So how do I repair the client repair service?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the Tech CS Team for assistance. Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Submit a Request

Good luck.

Posted by: WombatTheMad.3694

WombatTheMad.3694

Done and done, was just wondering if anyone had encountered this problem before.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not so much. I did see this thread. It’s a couple of years old but you can look it over.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/50785-corrupt-files-and-repair-client-freezing/

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Under Computer, right click the drive you installed GW2 on and select properties. Under the tools tab, check the disk for errors and select all options. A problem with the disk will do that.

Press WindowsKey+R and open msconfig. Under the boot tab, check safe boot and select networking under that. Click OK and reboot. Your computer will start in safe mode. This is to prevent any software conflicts. Try running the repair now. To undo this, uncheck safe boot.

Posted by: GhOst.8742

GhOst.8742

right-click on the gw2.exe, go to properties; under the compatibility tab select windows 7 and check the run as admin box. this worked for me, maybe it’ll help?

Posted by: Aridian Sea.4210

Aridian Sea.4210

Hi, been having the same problem with the game for past couple days. Wondering if the OP ever resolved this issue and if so, how did you resolve it? Otherwise, hope someone else who knows how to fix the repair not responding issue sees this thread.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hi, been having the same problem with the game for past couple days. Wondering if the OP ever resolved this issue and if so, how did you resolve it? Otherwise, hope someone else who knows how to fix the repair not responding issue sees this thread.

Repairing the client isn’t working – still.

We need help here.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security