Client Won't Download Patch

Client Won't Download Patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Keruchan.5387

Keruchan.5387

I don’t know what Arenanet did in recent patches but I have never had more trouble with my mac client until this week. It’s not loading properly all the time and I have to keep going into the library/Application Support and deleting the Guild Wars 2 folder just to ensure it’s not a blank screen. But now since the patch yesterday, I can’t download the patch. I thought it was connection issues at first from everyone downloading at once but it is still persistent today. It loads 1 MB, claims that’s 96-98% loaded then my download speed drops from 300-400kbps to 0 in a matter of seconds. I have only gotten it to properly try loading the patch once where it stopped at 98% and my download speed once again dropped to 0.

I know I’m not the only mac user experiencing this and judging from the regular tech support forum, lots of windows users are now experiencing client and download problems.

Some people have argued that mac users are a small percentage of their player base and we’re not worth Arenanet’s attention but we are also paying customers and deserve some support. The mac tech support page has never been this alive with complaints as it has been this week and there’s not even a mod in sight. This has to be fixed and players having to redownload the game (which is not a small amount of data, by far) every time this error happens is unacceptable. People have capped bandwidth. Unless Arenanet wants to start paying people’s internet bills, can we have some communication or at least acknowledgement of this issue?