Client crashes continously (at random times)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Awesomenaut.6207

Awesomenaut.6207

Hey
Yes I saw all the posts concerning crashes but I did’nt find a solution for my particular error. A little more Information:
There is absolutely no pattern behind these crashes. They just appear at random times. For example today I was online for about 2 hours standing afk in Hearts of the Mists, no problems at all but as soon as I joined a tournament with my friend it kept crashing over and over again. Sometimes repairing helps sometimes it does nothing. I thought I fixed it by setting my MhZ of my RAM to the exact value it was supposed to be but apparently I was wrong. I am really kitten cause I lost some tournaments because of this.
(Most crashes I get are while loading new maps)

My computer (through dxdiag):

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0×679A)
DAC type: Internal DAC
Display Memory: 2767 MB
Dedicated Memory: 3047 MB
Shared Memory: 3815 MB
Current Mode: 1920 × 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/06/12 15:33:39 Ver: 06.01
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8144MB RAM
Page File: 4243MB used, 12041MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

I appreciate every kind of help and I would like ArenaNet to take a look at this because I am really disappointed.

The file I attached is the errorlog I get into the .\Documents\GuildWars2\ folder.

Attachments:

Posted by: esmifra.5280

esmifra.5280

My problem sarted yesterday with 1 crash, after that, i can’t play because when i log in game, my client crashes imediatly and starts downloading the game all over again. Its not even repairing, but its downloading everything.

Posted by: Thorzilla.9124

Thorzilla.9124

I’m with you man, it’s really frustrating. I can’t really play longer than 10 minutes without a crash. I know we have to give time to ArenaNet to fix all these bugs, but it’s unacceptable to have a bug here, a bug there, a bug everywhere. Didn’t have these troubles before the last update.

Awesomenaut.6207

I’m with you man, it’s really frustrating. I can’t really play longer than 10 minutes without a crash. I know we have to give time to ArenaNet to fix all these bugs, but it’s unacceptable to have a bug here, a bug there, a bug everywhere. Didn’t have these troubles before the last update.

You know what pisses me off the most ? ArenaNet HAS to recognize that there is a major issue with their client and all they do is nothing (seemingly). I mean I dont expect them to fix it immediately but they should at least give a statement what their next steps is. Every forum is getting filled up with people complaining about their situation but not even a little response ? I at least want to know if they even care about it and see that its a problem on their side not on the users side. Thats what I call really bad support.

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Awesomenaut – I looked through the crash report that you provided and while you have a few different crash errors this stood out to me in particular:

• Crash <—*
    Exception: c0000005
    Memory at address 44a9bda8 could not be read
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 1456
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 16361
    Module: atiumdag.dll
    When: 2012-12-23T14:48:02Z 2012-12-23T15:48:02+01:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:01:12
    Flags: 0

Particularly, “Module: atiumdag.dll” stands out as this is an ATI driver and the listed “Module” is generally an application or driver that is related to the crash. I would first recommend a clean installation of the newest AMD video card drivers for your graphics card.

Awesomenaut.6207

Hi Awesomenaut – I looked through the crash report that you provided and while you have a few different crash errors this stood out to me in particular:

—> Crash <—
Exception: c0000005
Memory at address 44a9bda8 could not be read
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 1456
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 16361
Module: atiumdag.dll
When: 2012-12-23T14:48:02Z 2012-12-23T15:48:02+01:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:01:12
Flags: 0

Particularly, “Module: atiumdag.dll” stands out as this is an ATI driver and the listed “Module” is generally an application or driver that is related to the crash. I would first recommend a clean installation of the newest AMD video card drivers for your graphics card.

What do you mean a “clean” installation ? I just downloaded it from the driver site and installed it. I dont think I did something wrong while installing. I already wiped my whole ssd and reinstalled everything … still the same error just a little less frequent

(edited by Awesomenaut.6207)

Awesomenaut.6207

I added my Game Advisor file. Maybe that helps. I am really getting frustrated over here

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

honestly i keep getting the same thing and these crashes started when the last 2 patches was installed i went through the whole support and tech help they said it was my computer that was the problem and yet before these last 2 patches i was playing the game fine with no issues no crashes at all. not even a slight lag. so i had to reinstall the game all over again and again when it starts crashing when i try to load my character.

P.S im redownloading the game again as we speak it was fine for like a week or so now its starting to crash again when i try to log my character in :P its the only solution i can find to my problem because support was no help at all. but reinstalling the game gives it clean files for a while till it starts crashing again.

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

I am having this exact same problem down to the letter, except I was using a perfectly good 460 GTX, and now am having the same problem with no change with a new 660 TI I got for Christmas. These crashes are impossible for me to provide any kind of idea behind what might be causing them, they truly are random to the user. I have the latest Nvidia driver, fresh install. The crashes began immediately after a small patch 2 weekends ago I believe it was.

Please look into this for us, it was bad enough yesterday that I could not enter the Ascalonian Catacombs without crashing, I tried 10 times and had to give up. (The only time I was able to actually re-create a crash.)

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

I’m on Nvidia driver 310.70, gw2 crashes on me like 3rd time this week at random time.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: nalovas.5961

nalovas.5961

I was getting alot of “c0000005 memory could not be read” errors. Was also getting “page fault” errors. Also was getting “out of memory” crashes. All told I was crashing about once every 1-2 hours of gameplay. This was with a new gaming rig (gtx 670, updated drivers). Every “out of memory” crash was fixed by reinstalling windows 32bit to 64 bit. I was still getting random crashed frequently mostly with the number c0000005 and saying “memory could not be read” or “page fault.” I removed one of my 2 RAM sticks and have not crashed since (about 3 weeks.) At my old crash rate I would have crashed around 100 times so I’m quite sure that is the culprate. I was also getting random BSOD’s while in/out of game which this fixed also. If you have multiple memory sticks you may want to check them by removing one for a while and see what happens. Mine was dead out of the box it seems.

BTW Arenanet ,all those crash reports I sent you were resolved by doing the previous.

Feeble Old Man

(edited by nalovas.5961)

Posted by: Samovar.2564

Samovar.2564

I’ve been having similar problems and have made a number of posts and even created a ticket to no avail. I’ve tried different graphic cards, and increased the memory to the maximum on my 32 bit system (3 Gbytes). I still get the same crashes all of which seem to have to do with memory errors.

Why not fix it so if it trys to allocate memory, and can’t, it does something other than crash (maybe just don’t track so much). Or maybe there is a memory leak. I think it is some kind of coding error and that Arenanet should work up a fix it plan and tell us what it is. Just telling folks to reinstall or repair is just sweeping it under the rug. It doesn’t explain why the crash occurred in the first place.

If Arenanet would just come out and explain what is going on and what they are going to do about it, I would be very patient in waiting for a solution. What we see instead is a focus on new content which is building a tower on a shaky foundation.

If Arenanet does not deal with this crashing problem, the word will get out and sales of the game and blue gems will plumet, and that will be the end of an otherwise fine game.

Posted by: Samovar.2564

Samovar.2564

One more comment. Should we just all go get 64 bit rigs and forget about 32 bit systems? Even just telling us that would be helpful.

Posted by: gwartney.5381

gwartney.5381

at least i know iam not the only one my game will randomly crash all the time i have had no problems in the past but now its randomly crashing coming up with the error screen and the code i have made sevreal tikets but nothing seems to help i have the gybyte gtx 660 ti 2gig graphics card hopefully this gets fixed soon?

Posted by: viv.8065

viv.8065

i have the same graphic card as gwartney GTX 660 ti and i have been having randon crashes ever since LS patches. the random crash was significantly less during the winterdays patch BUT it seems to return with today’s build. if that help at all..