Client doesn't complete downloading files

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lydia Alcyon.2580

Lydia Alcyon.2580

Q:

Hi there! I was very excited to play Escape Lion’s Arch this evening, but for some odd reason my Game Client will not finish downloading the files. It got to the very last file (99%) and my download rate dropped to 0KBPS. And nothing happens after that. I’ve reloaded the client several times, and each time it would download a random amount of the last file and then the download rate would drop off to 0 again. I’ve tried closing background processes and staying off any other programs (including the internet until now) to see if the download rate would increase but it just sits at 0. I can log in just fine, it just won’t finish downloading the files. What should I do? Thanks.

Posted by: Lydia Alcyon.2580

Lydia Alcyon.2580

So um, it randomly started downloading again and this time it finally finished downloading. But it would be cool if I could get an answer anyways just so I will know what to do for next time. Thank you!

Posted by: DemiGod.6893

DemiGod.6893

heya i currently have the same problem it starts to download and stops then goes a bit more and stops been downloading for a while now and still only on like 25% and its my off day sigh pls fix it soon

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

First of all, this is the Account Issues forum – you want the tech Issues forum.

Don’t know about DemiGod’s issue, but in the past your issue Lydia was often fixed by setting the patcher to French, then after it’s done restoring it to Enlish.

That might work for you too, DemiGod, but I’m not sure.

Posted by: Witchcraft.4789

Witchcraft.4789

The last few updates have been stupidly slow. Not sure what the issue is with the servers, but I started my update at 6.30am this morning, & it’s now 1.45pm & it’s on 6%.

That’s over 1hr per %.. at this rate, LA will be rebuilt before I see it destroyed.

Maybe they should upgrade the update servers from beyond 1990’s dial-up speeds.