Client stuck on patch

Client stuck on patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dagnis.2936

Dagnis.2936

Q:

When I open up my client it gets stuck starting to patch. Before it shows the login info (email and password) it downloads.. something like it normally does for a patch. It gets stuck at 10461 KB and then gives me an error saying that an unexpected error was encountered (what errors aren’t unexpected?). I try again and again, but no dice. Same amount of KB each time. Any ideas? I can’t run on admin. GW2 has worked fine on this computer before this moment.

Client stuck on patch

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Dagnis,

I’d like to collect a Game Advisor report so I can look into why you might be experiencing this issue. You can download the Game Advisor application at the link below:

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Please note that you will be automatically prompted to install Game Advisor upon clicking the link. Once you’ve generated the report, you can attach it to this thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

Client stuck on patch

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

This is the same problem that I’ve experienced for a couple of weeks. I even started a thread (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Can-t-update-game/first#post1840156), but since I haven’t received an answer (even after doing what Ashley is suggesting you to do), I’m guessing you won’t get an answer either. If you want to play you can go to your gw2 folder, where the .dat, .exe and .tmp files are located. Deleting the .exe file and changing the .tmp to .exe fixes the updating issue for me. However this is a temporary solution since I have to do this with every update.

Client stuck on patch

Posted by: Rambobino.7490

Rambobino.7490

Hi,

If it can help, I had the same problem yesterday. The hard drive where the game is installed was full. At first, I freed 5GB but it wasn’t enough. Then I freed 50GB and it did the trick.

I’m under the assumption that it needs at least 16GB of free space (the size of the big Gw2.dat file right now).

Good luck!