Combat Mod not working...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: AnotherAgnostic.9468

AnotherAgnostic.9468

It seems that combat mod doesn’t work anymore. So tired of having to run a separate program to make this game playable. Holding down the mouse button down constantly is unacceptable. Some of you will say that combat mod is cheating but it’s not cheating… it doesn’t make killing any easier it just keeps me from my hand hurting.

If you want to ban my account then go ahead because I’m getting tired of waiting for them to add this functionality to the game.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

If it brings an advantage against other players it is cheating. You don’t have to click a key to do the same work, so there’s an advantage.

Hope you get banned.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

AnotherAgnostic.9468

What is the difference between clicking a key and clicking the mouse button? If that is such a big difference then I deserve to be banned. Logic dictates it’s not but hey, humans are rarely logical.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I have never used combat mod (or any other 3rd party program) for almost 3 years of playing the game more or less daily. Clearly it does work rather well.

I also never have been required to constantly hold down a mouse-button.

It is of course also worth pointing out that even if the program itself is not considered cheating, ArenaNet have no reason whatsoever to making sure said program works with GW2, since they don’t really want people using 3rd party things in the first place.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Funny, I thought they made it clear that this mod is a banable offense.

Honestly this is like calling the cops because of a disagreement with your drug dealer. This is the 2nd thread in as many days of someone complaining about something while admitting violating TOS.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

AnotherAgnostic.9468

It shouldn’t be a ban-able offense but whatever. I’ve had a lot of fun in GW2 over the years but the game could be greatly improved and made more immersive by integrating what combat mod does. All it does is create a toggle instead of having to hold down the mouse button constantly… it also allows you to bind to your mouse button. It also puts a cross-hair on the screen but I turn that off.

I care about this game or I wouldn’t post this. They really should add this functionality to the game… it vastly improves the game for those of us who appreciate action combat. I know GW2 doesn’t have actual action combat like Tera or Wildstar but in every other way it excels.

I’ve said my peace.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Then post it in the suggestions area. But tech support/customer support is just going to lock your thread, and chances are check your account for 3rd party mods.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

What is the difference between clicking a key and clicking the mouse button? If that is such a big difference then I deserve to be banned. Logic dictates it’s not but hey, humans are rarely logical.

Combat mod goes against ToS rules because it automatizes things like camera angle or targeting. You have an advantage over others because you don’t have to activate those things.

Then, since it’s a 3rd party software, there’s no point to post it here, because anet doesn’t have control to such thing.
Also, the guy that did it said in one of his videos that it wouldn’t update it.

Finally, you’re the first person with such issue, and I don’t really can understand why you have such problems unless you have a physical problem in your hand, in which case you shouldn’t be playing games.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz