Compensation?

Compensation?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: painkiller.4738

painkiller.4738

I am one of the many people who have been wrongfully unable to play the game due to the less-than-successful method that Arena Net chose to have us apply the retail serial code to the pre-order accounts. My personal ticket is 7 days old, and I have still not received any help or response from the support team.

Like many, I find my self tempted to issue a chargeback for my purchase, seeing as I have not received what I paid for (which was the ability to play the game).

Had the issue been caused by any fault of ours, or handled in an appropriate manner (I have followed all guidelines posted on all websites to get my ticket “prioritized” to no avail) I would not consider any compensation necessary. However, seeing as we are innocent victims of poor planning and execution, I wonder if you (Arena Net) have any plans to compensate us for the time that we have not been able to access the game.

I, and many others, appreciate Gaile’s efforts to rectify our situations, but the company’s decision to put hacked players, and players appealing bans before us has gotten to the point of making it feel (at least to me) that they don’t care how long we wait.

I am not asking for anything huge, just a gesture of good faith and an apology. Not to mention seeing some actual progress on my personal account problems (Blocked Account – Ticket submitted August 30 – Ticket number 120830-007345 [Incident:120904-000568])

Thank you for your time, and I hope that these issues are taken care of before it is not longer worth the wait.

Compensation?

painkiller.4738

I am finally getting my issue addressed by support (no idea how much longer till it is fixed, but hey, I got a human being, right?) but this question has still not been answered. I know that I would like a response, and I imagine there are others out there in my situation that would as well.

Compensation?

Posted by: Kalua.1095

Kalua.1095

Same issue. I’ve engaged my vendor about my options regarding returning the product, hopefully it won’t come to that.

Looks like you submitted about a day before me .. maybe there is hope. Glad you’re getting some attention, though.

Compensation?

painkiller.4738

Apparently I spoke too soon. The support rep that I spoke to told me that they “miss categorized my ticket and then lost it” and that the billing department would be responding to fix my problem right away. And now I am only getting generic auto responses again. This is getting out of hand.

Compensation?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I am sorry that this has gone on for such a long period of time. I’m glad that an agent has eyes on it now, and although you may be getting an auto-response, I feel that, based on the message you received earlier, you’ll be helped shortly.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Compensation?

Posted by: Jungo the Not Racist Rappy.9830

Jungo the Not Racist Rappy.9830

It’s good to see that someone with an issue similar to mine is being helped. Even if you’re only getting auto-responses at this point it’s great to see that at least someone acknowledged the problem.

I submitted my ticket 4 days ago though, so in the current state of things I might have to wait several days more…

Compensation?

painkiller.4738

I am sorry that this has gone on for such a long period of time. I’m glad that an agent has eyes on it now, and although you may be getting an auto-response, I feel that, based on the message you received earlier, you’ll be helped shortly.

Gaile, I appreciate your help getting this issue moving. I’m sure that without you, my ticket would still be in the bottom of some virtual waste basket.

Is there any response to my first post in this thread regarding compensation?

Thank you again for your dedication to us all.

Compensation?

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

I think you should be compensated for each day you don’t have access to your account, based on the monthly fee divided by the number of days per month.

Oh, wait…

Really though, compensation? While I do empathize with you and wouldn’t want to be in your shoes, if I was in your shoes I’d not be asking for compensation considering there is no monthly fee. I’d just be happy to get access.

In any case, I hope your situation is resolved soon.

Compensation?

Posted by: CassiusNez.2395

CassiusNez.2395

I also think you and others with the same problem should get compensated.. why not? You paid for a game and you have been unable to play it due to a security breach? or what ever technical problems Areanet is having. I recommend you fight for some sort of compensation. All we’ve been getting as a response is
no offense to Gaile …

‘’ we appreciate that your still waiting for us to fix are mistake, please wait longer we don’t know how long but thank you for waiting"

Compensation?

Posted by: Tyrraeth.7683

Tyrraeth.7683

Granted, it would be extremely cool to get a little something – even an in-game T-shirt that said “Brb…banned” or a “CS Queue Survivor” title or something equally stupid… I don’t see it happening, though.

Reference# 120828-00307
Date Created: 08/27/2012
RESOLVED 9/9, 3:32pm

Compensation?

Posted by: trb.7052

trb.7052

I think you should be compensated for each day you don’t have access to your account, based on the monthly fee divided by the number of days per month.

Oh, wait…

Really though, compensation? While I do empathize with you and wouldn’t want to be in your shoes, if I was in your shoes I’d not be asking for compensation considering there is no monthly fee. I’d just be happy to get access.

In any case, I hope your situation is resolved soon.

What has a subscription got to do with it?
He paid $60-$100+ for a product that he’s not been able to use.
you’d “just feel happy to get access”?
like its some privelige or something free?

no, its a product/service and the vendor hasn’t provided despite being paid for the sale.

people like this should absolutely [particularly with week+ waiting times] get some small token of thanks for putting up with it instead of getting their money refunded.

something in-game like extra bank inventory space or something would totally be appropriate.

Compensation?

Posted by: InstantIdiocy.8126

InstantIdiocy.8126

The Terms that you agreed to say that ArenaNet doesn’t guarantee that you can access the Service anytime You want. It may be unavailable for reasons within or beyond ArenaNet’s control. Since you agreed to that, it’s not fair to ask for compensation. The game is young, just try (harder) to be patient. We all want it to be ready and stable in its full awesomeness.

Many of us are frustrated and it doesn’t make it any easier when we lash out or have unfair expectations. I keep getting over-irritated too and have had a couple posts deleted, etc. It happens. We may not enjoy the downtimes but we can at least be realistic in our ranting.

Compensation?

Posted by: Daest.6045

Daest.6045

I have also been waiting to get a ticket 120831-011361 resolved for a blocked account since 8/31. I followed the “new posting” rules and still nothing in regards to ANY response what-so-ever. I normally wouldn’t get upset about things like this, I would just cancel my subscription and wait for it to either get fixed or call support for a refund.

Vesting $80 for the game $50 for in game gems and taking a weeks vacation off the week after labor day to stare at my email for 6 days hoping.

Compensation?

Posted by: CassiusNez.2395

CassiusNez.2395

The Terms that you agreed to say that ArenaNet doesn’t guarantee that you can access the Service anytime You want. It may be unavailable for reasons within or beyond ArenaNet’s control. Since you agreed to that, it’s not fair to ask for compensation. The game is young, just try (harder) to be patient. We all want it to be ready and stable in its full awesomeness.

Many of us are frustrated and it doesn’t make it any easier when we lash out or have unfair expectations. I keep getting over-irritated too and have had a couple posts deleted, etc. It happens. We may not enjoy the downtimes but we can at least be realistic in our ranting.

One day this will happen to you, and you will not be saying any of this.

Compensation?

Posted by: Alexixiv.4582

Alexixiv.4582

Yes I have started considering my options today as far as possible compensation… I may not have to pay to play the game but I certainly didnt buy it just for the pretty box…

120901-018012 – Serial Key Issue

Compensation?

Posted by: Ralsti.2147

Ralsti.2147

Yes I have started considering my options today as far as possible compensation… I may not have to pay to play the game but I certainly didnt buy it just for the pretty box…

If you bought the digital version, all you get for your $60 is a game client.

Compensation?

Alexixiv.4582

If you bought the digital version, all you get for your $60 is a game client.

Yes that is why I always get a physical copy so that when things like this happen I have something to hug while I cry…

Compensation?

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

no, its a product/service and the vendor hasn’t provided despite being paid for the sale.

people like this should absolutely [particularly with week+ waiting times] get some small token of thanks for putting up with it instead of getting their money refunded.

something in-game like extra bank inventory space or something would totally be appropriate.

Yes I would be happy to just get access. ArenaNet makes no guarantees about service availability, and that’s true probably for every other online service you sign up for. I suggest going back and reading all those paragraphs you agreed to when signing up for the game.

I spent a week or so unable to access the auction house. They denied me part of the game. But I didn’t ask for anything for compensation. Yes I realize it’s different from being denied full access to the game. Does that mean I should get a smaller item of compensation to compensate for my mental suffering? No.

I’ve seen the same thing in another mmo. Something would happen whereby people either couldn’t sign on, or they didn’t get the same in-game items they got the previous year for a certain in-game event, and people would head to the forums to ask for compensation.

Maybe ArenaNet should give out compensation just to get rid of these compensation threads and make everyone happy. /sigh

Compensation?

Posted by: Euphoria.2960

Euphoria.2960

While that may make some happy – others would be unhappy that they were compensated and would want compensation for one thing or another.

You can never make everyone happy.

Compensation?

Alexixiv.4582

Yes I would be happy to just get access. ArenaNet makes no guarantees about service availability, and that’s true probably for every other online service you sign up for. I suggest going back and reading all those paragraphs you agreed to when signing up for the game.

I spent a week or so unable to access the auction house. They denied me part of the game. But I didn’t ask for anything for compensation. Yes I realize it’s different from being denied full access to the game. Does that mean I should get a smaller item of compensation to compensate for my mental suffering? No.

I’ve seen the same thing in another mmo. Something would happen whereby people either couldn’t sign on, or they didn’t get the same in-game items they got the previous year for a certain in-game event, and people would head to the forums to ask for compensation.

Maybe ArenaNet should give out compensation just to get rid of these compensation threads and make everyone happy. /sigh

Comparing access to game features and complete access to the game is apples to oranges. They do not guarantee access to the game, but they do have an obligation to their customers to deliver a playable game. Also I think you are taking that part of the TOS a little out of context as I am pretty sure they are referring to server status and not really single user issues.

Compensation?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

You know, I just shudder at the word “compensation.” Not as a dev, but as a gamer. For as a gamer for nearly 2 decades, I never ask for it, never expect it, never get it.

And yet every time there’s a server burp, or even an Internet outage over which we have no control, someone says “Give me stuff to ‘compensate me’ for this.” And I just think if that happened (except in really unusual circumstances), then it would be “Well, this guy got XX for YY, and I think my case is even more deserving, so I expect something, too!” And it snowballs into a GimmeFest.

I’m not saying that is the case here and I’m not wagging my finger at the OP to say he’s naughty for asking. (I really think painkiller will know that.) And yes, there can be mitigating circumstances that can make this the reasonable thing to do on a case-by-case, one-off basis. I just think overall, “stuff happens” and it’s ok for us to accept that and move on.

P.S. Painkiller — your account is ok now, from what I can see.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)