Computer reboots while running GW2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Big Bad Bao.8753

Big Bad Bao.8753

Hi Guys,

Need advice to solve reboots issue while running GW2, can someone point me to the right direction on how to run test to find the problem causing it to reset.

When it crash I get yellow and pink screen, then comp reset.

Thanks

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

What are your computer specs, CPU,GFX,PSU etc

If its hard resetting, its either a power issue or hardware failure, as its giving you a pink/yellow screen you cannot rule out drivers though, so yea what exactly are you running, and do you have any crash logs from the game itself?

Posted by: Big Bad Bao.8753

Big Bad Bao.8753

GPU: Geforce GTX 570
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHZ
Mem: 16 GB Ram

Attachments:

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Sounds like over heating when is the last time you have the case opened open it up and blow out the inside with canned air. Also remove the video card so you can blow it out the put it back in.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Looks like a RAM error to me. Your log shows a lot of crashing right around the 1.8 Gig mark, but with varying memory addresses.

Try removing your first memory stick (one in the #1 slot) and replace it with the one in the #2 slot. Leave the one stick out for now.

Of course, as was mentioned it could be a temperature issue. It could also be a malware infection that’s causing the access violation at that particular range of memory addresses.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Looks like a RAM error to me. Your log shows a lot of crashing right around the 1.8 Gig mark, but with varying memory addresses.

Try removing your first memory stick (one in the #1 slot) and replace it with the one in the #2 slot. Leave the one stick out for now.

Of course, as was mentioned it could be a temperature issue. It could also be a malware infection that’s causing the access violation at that particular range of memory addresses.

I somewhat agree, however the OP is using 12GB of his 16GB ram. That is alot of in use memory IMHO.

Unless he’s running a Ramdisk, its possible he has something else going on rather then hardware.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD