Computer updates cause problems?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: goodbugs.5409

goodbugs.5409

A week ago, the new windows 10 (creator update I think) was installed on my computer and on the same day my Radeon RX480 graphics card updated. I have been playing the game with no problems on this machine prior to this update (minus the rare disconnect). However ever since the updates, I my computer freezes and locks up completely within 10 minutes of logging into the game.

I uninstalled the windows 10 update and tried playing with the same result.
I uninstalled the Radeon driver update and tried playing with the same result.
I’ve played without windows 10 update and with the Radeon driver update with the same result.
I’ve also played with windows 10 update and without the Radeon driver update with the same result.
Has anyone experienced anything similar? Ideas of things to try?
thanks

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I have been playing the game with no problems on this machine prior to this update

Prior to this update as in today’s patch? If you’re using a DPS meter or any other program that hooks into the game, they’ll break when ArenaNet makes any major changes, causing the game to crash.

goodbugs.5409

I was playing the game with no problems prior to the windows update and radeon driver update. I am not able to play more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time before the computer freezes since those updates. Therefore, I cannot say if I’m having trouble with the guildwars release from this Tuesday (6 June).

I do not have a DPS meter or other programs hooking into the game. I understand there are some out there, and have an idea what they may do, but I am not as interested in those.

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

Played the game fine until today, when it wont stop crashing. 3 crashes in 20 minutes. Unplayable atm.

Posted by: soloez.5910

soloez.5910

I have the same issue it started about a week ago, GW2 just keep crashing for every 5- 20 minute and I don’t have any DPS meters .

goodbugs.5409

I tried again earlier today and within 15 minutes I crashed; however, this time this message came up…
“PC ran into a problem and needs to restart….if contact a support person then give them this info: DPC Watchdog Violation”

I figuring I’ll need to contact a support person, but I thought I’d share for those with similar issues, and have not seen this message. I didn’t see it until today.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s several articles on fixing this error found here: https://www.google.com/search?q=+DPC+Watchdog+Violation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Good luck.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

There’s several articles on fixing this error found here: https://www.google.com/search?q=+DPC+Watchdog+Violation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Good luck.

To second this: a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreen is absolutely a driver issue of some sort. It could be that gw2 uses a feature of a driver that happens to trigger the error, but that is simply that gw2 happens to be the one thing you run that triggers it — not a gw2 fault.

Good luck tracking down and fixing the relevant driver.