Computer won't max out game?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Denrith.7265

Denrith.7265

Hello, I’ve been trying to max out the graphics in the game. However, when I do the game still looks aweful. I’m trying to make it look where the grass pops out but it just doesn’t look that great. I’m wondering if i have to download highres texture game patch or something please someone tell me what to do. I can also run most games that are out on high settings so not sure what the problem is

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Well, if you have maxed out the settings ingame, then there isn’t much more you can do, is it? You are running the prettiest GW2 that ANet has created.. And taste differs here, actually.. For some even medium looks awesome, while for others the max looks like crap..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Compared to what? Post some screen shots. I play with most ingame setting high to medium and this game just blows every MMO I’ve tried away. The game is one of the most scenic and well design graphicly out there even on my crappy laptop where the setting are medium or mostly low. I’m thinking you have some issue with your graphics card.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

I’m thinking you have some issue with your graphics card.

Err, read the OP’s post again:

I can also run most games that are out on high settings so not sure what the problem is

So quite unlikely it would be a graphics card issue..

As far as I can tell it’s pure taste: The game doesn’t look good for OP, even at max..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The only other possibility I can think of is game is being run at a resolution that is NOT native to the monitor(s). If the monitor is “translating” the resolution, that can often lead to very bad looking detail.

On the other hand, if the OP is expecting this game to look like a fully tricked out Skyrim or other single player game, his expectations are just too high. MMOs MUST make graphics compromises to compensate for the MULTIPLAYER part of MMO…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I’m thinking you have some issue with your graphics card.

Err, read the OP’s post again:

I can also run most games that are out on high settings so not sure what the problem is

So quite unlikely it would be a graphics card issue..

As far as I can tell it’s pure taste: The game doesn’t look good for OP, even at max..

There are Driver API things to consider too. If the OP’s drivers are from 2008 that could account for this issue as well.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD