Connecting to GW through cellphone.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Hello
I’m trying to login to Guild Wars 2 with the following setup:
Windows 8 Laptop on wireless internet connection.
WiFi is provided from my Nokia phone through a program called JoikuSpot – The cellphone takes the 3G network and broadcasts it as WiFi that my laptop can use.

Using the Account site:
I can attempt to login -> I will get an authentication request looking like this:

Address: xx.xxx.xx.xx (I hid it for security, it’s just a standard IP address.)
City:
Region:

In other words the City and Region fields are blank for some reason. Anyways, I hit authenticate, and I can proceed to login. No problems.

Moving to the game client, I hit the game icon, the launcher pops up and starts trying to logging in. This goes on for ~10 seconds before the launcher reports it could not connect to the server at this time. It does not ask for authentication, nor does it send me the standard e-mail asking me to authenticate the attempted login. It just tries to log in and fails, claiming the login server can not be reached.

On a normal connection, wire or wireless I do not have this problem. I always get the authentication email and I can always see which region and city I log in from. I never have problems logging in.
Any ideas why I can’t play the game, using my phone as WiFi?

Edit: Rephrased for clarity.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

(edited by Treeline.3865)

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Make sure that you authenticate the ip address your using from your cell phone when you log in under the security tab of the account management page.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Treeline.3865

How would I do that? And the problem was not when logging in to account management, I can do that. The game itself however just never asks for authentication, it just “can’t connect to login server at this time”.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Try to log into GW2, the go to this website and login. Go to “my account” then “security”. There is a mobile application authenticator there. The site has been buggy tho and I have not be able to access it.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Treeline.3865

I do not have mobile authentication, no one develops for Nokia, so that’s not an option for me. ^^ Only e-mail authentication, which I on the other hand will not disable, for obvious security reasons

Also yes, the account pages are bugged as I don’t know what.