Connection Error(s) Detected retrying..

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Serrge.5643

Serrge.5643

I’ve been playing this game for two weeks now and I never had a problem with the game launcher until now. Whenever I open up Guild Wars, I get the same message.

What does this mean??? My idea was to uninstall the game, than reinstall. However, when the games launcher pops up to download the game. I get the same message again!

Please someone help me!

Posted by: XenoLeS.7419

XenoLeS.7419

Change your DNS. Make it selected by automaticly. I got same issue about an hour ago, changing dns worked on my launcher. :)

Posted by: Carrla.8236

Carrla.8236

I just changed my DNS preferred to 8.8.8.8 and my alternate to 8.8.4.4 and it worked instantly.

Posted by: Carrla.8236

Carrla.8236

Try setting your DNS server to Google in your network settings:
Right click “Network” > Open Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings
Right click “Local Area Connection” > Properties > Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” > Properties
Select “Use the following DNS Server Addresses”
Preferred DNS: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4

This solution does imply the the problem is ISP related although for me all 3 different ISPs I tried had the same problem which implies a deeper underlying issue for my loacl services I guess.
I did not come up with this solution, I found it and am trying to spread the good news!

This is a quote from purestorm.4072 and it fixed my problem. Maybe it will work for you as well.

Posted by: Oasys.9403

Oasys.9403

Unfortunately changing the DNS has not worked for me and this error showed up this morning

Posted by: ongbakurhead.8917

ongbakurhead.8917

I had this problem too. I had the zone alarm firewall installed which was blocking the client from updating. Try looking into your firewall to make sure your client isn’t blocked, I had to reinstall zone alarm and everything worked ok.

Posted by: Isisalthea.9251

Isisalthea.9251

I am also having this problem. Started yesterday after being fine for almost a year. I am on a wireless router with Widows 7, not on the local network connection, so can not do the suggested solution above. I can follow instructions but do not know where to start to change settings…. can you change the DNS settings on a wireless router? I check my Avira firewall and made sure GW2 was allowed.

Posted by: poopster.7054

poopster.7054

Try setting your DNS server to Google in your network settings:
Right click “Network” > Open Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings
Right click “Local Area Connection” > Properties > Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” > Properties
Select “Use the following DNS Server Addresses”
Preferred DNS: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4

This solution does imply the the problem is ISP related although for me all 3 different ISPs I tried had the same problem which implies a deeper underlying issue for my loacl services I guess.
I did not come up with this solution, I found it and am trying to spread the good news!

This is a quote from purestorm.4072 and it fixed my problem. Maybe it will work for you as well.

This worked for me! Thank you!

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Applied the DNS suggestion, didn’t help me with my Error Code: 42:1000:7006:1322, but my internet speed is tremendously improved in response. So thank you!

edit: did a “E:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -repair
fixed my issue

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

(edited by Kajin.5301)