Connection error(s) detected. Retrying...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

Seriously … this is getting old.

Posted by: In Nox Mani.7892

In Nox Mani.7892

yeah, getting that as well…..

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

Soooo, I am a 3 years veteran but I have never seen this many Connection errors and bad downloads as these last two patches.

What is happening? Sure, more accounts as free-to-play could explain som extra load but this? This behaviour is new. What has changed? Can we do something about it?

I understand it’s in Anets interest to get us playing quickly and smoothly but I am getting really, really worried about the download times at release of HoT. I want to be there from the start but…

Any chance we can pre-download most of it or mirror site or or or???

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You would almost think a bunch of people where trying to access something at the same time.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This is worse than at release where everyone had to download 16GB instead of a few MB. Did Anet downgrade servers?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Tank.7821

Tank.7821

it’s almost like they don’t want us to play…

I smell conspiracy!

Posted by: Aboodi.3217

Aboodi.3217

Im having the same story as yours bro and its so FRUSTRATING !!!

Posted by: Phizeke.9536

Phizeke.9536

Whats going on?!!!

[hS] Sir Phizeke
Started on Jade Quarry since Launch now on Maguuma.

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

It is the result of many accessing the download server at once, it is nothing to worry about. Just be patient.

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

I don’t think it’s retrying at all. Just waiting for me to give up and go do something else.

Ok. Going to do something else then.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Rebooting the client seemed to fix it for me, although its very sloooow its going.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

You would almost think a bunch of people where trying to access something at the same time.

Which have been the case for 3 years at each patch and yet i have never got this error or problem ever before, hense why there is reactions

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

You would almost think a bunch of devs in a working, wealthy company could afford decent servers for the mass of people playing their game and provide a decent service.

See, it’s quite easy to be sarcastic.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

After three years of this you would almost think Arena Net would handle download management better.

Mikal Dynath.6195

Update: after over 20 min of ‘Retrying’, it’s finally downloading at … 17kb/s. Only 60k files to go!

I think I’m gonna catch up on some reading … anyone seen my copy of War and Peace?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I understand it’s in Anets interest to get us playing quickly and smoothly but I am getting really, really worried about the download times at release of HoT. I want to be there from the start but…

That is a concern, the HoT patch will be huge. I’m getting speeds between 0k and 380ishk on a relatively small patch, why can’t their infrastructure handle this? Are they putting in place any kind of additional (short-term) bandwidth for the launch? Or will we actually get to play a couple of days later?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Mad King Thorn help us if this is what it is going to be like for HoT launch…

Posted by: Gwenlian.4781

Gwenlian.4781

I changed maps in-game, got a blue screen and now I can’t connect to the server. Same message as the others are getting.

Posted by: seshat.9652

seshat.9652

Just like everyone else who has played since the beginning.. this is ridiculous. The forums are laggy also. I’m gonna go shove a nail in my forehead til the dl finishes.

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I really hope that A-net will consider letting us Pre-Download the Hot expansion…. waiting till release is a huge mistake.

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

The forums are slow as molasses for me too…

x . x

Posted by: Geostigs.7398

Geostigs.7398

Well looks like the ice bow doesn’t want to be nerfed

Posted by: Scruffy.3982

Scruffy.3982

Download speed reminds me of my old dial-up connection…

Posted by: Zennia.5762

Zennia.5762

Yeah, sorry, this is pretty ridiculous and you’re not telling me that the load in the middle of the day on a weekday is so demanding they can’t handle it (or couldn’t with decent servers).

Guess it’s time for lunch and a nap…..ANet, get some new hamsters on those wheels before HoT comes out, seriously.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve made it through 58% of the build, mostly at 0-1 KB/sec with occasional faster bursts. I don’t know if I’ll be patched in by the time Guild Chat begins, as that is only 1 3/4 hours from now …

Ah well, I can read up on https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-enhanced-squad-ui/ while I wait.

Posted by: Pug.9784

Pug.9784

1kb for a second then… retrying…. nothing happens….. forums slow or time out

Posted by: seshat.9652

seshat.9652

LMAO.. omg dialup. But yes, did anet switch to dialup for this one patch? Looks for one of those old dial phones… hrrrms

Posted by: Przemko.4162

Przemko.4162

Omg Patience ppl .. the servers will be on sooner or later …………

(edited by Przemko.4162)

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

I’m buying a pair of goggles and hip waders, because the same thing is going to happen when Heart of Thorns comes out. Soooooo many people trying to download content they’ve pre-paid for and won’t be able to get first day.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You would almost think a bunch of devs in a working, wealthy company could afford decent servers for the mass of people playing their game and provide a decent service.

See, it’s quite easy to be sarcastic.

Exactly, however it is the truth not sarcasm.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well if this had been the usual MMO’s all server would have been down for about 4-5 hours anyway. So GW2 is a lot better.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

Well if this had been the usual MMO’s all server would have been down for about 4-5 hours anyway. So GW2 is a lot better.

This so much. Srsly ppl. o.o

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I’m buying a pair of goggles and hip waders, because the same thing is going to happen when Heart of Thorns comes out. Soooooo many people trying to download content they’ve pre-paid for and won’t be able to get first day.

Yep, they just won’t plan for the hit. Wallet is still closed Anet. Will wait until the dusts settles and reviews are out before I will even consider buying HoT.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

We already have to deal with server lag, frequent disconnects and slow download speeds in exchange for more server uptime. If we lose the server uptime then we are just left with slow laggy servers that disconnect people frequently…

Posted by: Scruffy.3982

Scruffy.3982

Have downloaded 40% and now come to a shuddering halt at 0Kb/sec with 23897 files still to go. I’m wondering if I’ll get the chance to play tonight…

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

i’m not upset... i’ve played enough MMOs to realize crap happens. i am, however, weighing in to say i am one more person experiencing this issue. my husband on the same internet is DLing the patch next to me no problem. i, however, am getting 1kb for a second, then 0/0 and ’connection error detected, retrying’ but it doesn’t appear to actually retry anything... i have tried manually closing and reopening the client multiple times (even once killing it at the task manager), and no change as of yet.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

Just got home to find out I can’t start the game, and looking on the forums it has been going on for over an hour, please let us know if there is indeed a problem because I don’t consider this normal service. Thanks.

Update: After 20 min’s of “Retrying” the game client has now started downlading @about 100~300KB/sec, if it keeps that up I’m happy.

(edited by MisterOiZo.4359)

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

We already have to deal with server lag, frequent disconnects and slow download speeds in exchange for more server uptime. If we lose the server uptime then we are just left with slow laggy servers that disconnect people frequently…

You have to deal with server lag, frequent disconnects and slow download speeds in exchange for more server uptime. This isn’t anything common for me, this is the second time I have had problems downloading the game. About lag and DC, I havent had more or less lag and DC’s compaired to any other MMO’s. It happens rarely and that is for every online game I play.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: pants.1379

pants.1379

For a patch well under 100mb, the signs are not good but ridkitten is still alive.

this should take seconds not hours to grab tbh.

Also why did my game close down on its own? i apparently had an hour to get the update…

….feed those hampsters moar!!!!!!

Posted by: odrez.8409

odrez.8409

I never had any serious issues playing the game and I’m very pleased with the general stability of the game and the servers (downloading and playing).

I remember when back in the days all servers of WoW went down every few weeks. No one able to play, big issues. But I don’t remember the people being as salty as some of the people complaining here.

Be patient, be thankful, do not insult a company that usually delivers good quality content for very small prices.

Hope everything will be back to working normally again. :)

Posted by: dragonfighter.4098

dragonfighter.4098

how long we got to wait hours this is unreal. they need to get it together so these issues dont happen for the people whom wantt to play

Posted by: UndeadCrisis.5103

UndeadCrisis.5103

Its working for me now yay

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Rolling out a major update during EU prime time.
Messing up the servers to ensure no one can download smoothly.
Making the game unplayable when you reached the “play now” mark.
Screw peoples after work time.
Worst update roll out for years.
GG A.Net, you failed us another time. Not bored yet? Guess your not….

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Mikal Dynath.6195

Update 2.0: download came to a crashing halt about 20 min ago. It’s now at 0 kb/s with 41k files left. It’s stopped juuuuust this side of ‘Playable’ … so now I think I’m being trolled.

(Yes, I’m saying Anet hates me personally … discuss amongst yourselves)

(edited by Mikal Dynath.6195)

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Update 2.0: download came to a crashing halt about 20 min akittenb/s at 41k files left. It’s stopped juuuuust this side of ‘Playable’ … so now I think I’m being trolled.

Even if you’d reached the “playable” zone- you wouldn’t have fun anyway. Massive lags, mostly no sounds, no previews, etc. etc. due to the background DL.

And be asured- ANet hates everyone of us, you’re not alone

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Tenil.3570

Tenil.3570

Posted by: Tenil.3570

Tenil.3570

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Got that about 20 mins ago. Download is takin’ forever. wish I would have known whilst I was doing something else. Forums are slow too.

Posted by: DAMONWEX.3254

DAMONWEX.3254

can someone tell me how large this patch is? i have like 100kbps download speed after countless tries and its at 8% 66mb can i expect to play today or should i just go back to sleep?

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Update 2.0: download came to a crashing halt about 20 min akittenb/s at 41k files left. It’s stopped juuuuust this side of ‘Playable’ … so now I think I’m being trolled.

Even if you’d reached the “playable” zone- you wouldn’t have fun anyway. Massive lags, mostly no sounds, no previews, etc. etc. due to the background DL.

And be asured- ANet hates everyone of us, you’re not alone

Yesterday was fine. Today…the hells goin’ on?