"Connection errors detected. Retrying "

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shnaklaha.8765

Shnaklaha.8765

Just to have an Update to mine (OP), this did not fix my connection issues. I have tried restarting, tried the VIP thing, tried the MSconfig thing…..nothing. I’m basically at my end trying to fix this……

I am on the East coast in NA with this issue. specifically in the New England area.

Posted by: Syuta.6394

Syuta.6394

My girlfriend and I bought this game just two days and were excited to play. We were only able to play yesterday after the downloads finished but today when we woke up we both had the “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…” Can someone please help?

Posted by: parkersjones.7518

parkersjones.7518

the connection issue “seems” to be random… never the same amount of time passes before the client disconnects. it has been happening for the last three days. unfortunately it makes playing impossible.

iMac, PC, Xbox 360, PS3 – anything game related, photography and coffee.

Posted by: shade.5682

shade.5682

I cant log on to the forums, it says connection issue

Posted by: opazed.3462

opazed.3462

Tantrumus trick also worked for me: CRTL-ALT-DEL to taskmaster and delete the proces GW2: then restart and everything worked for me…

Posted by: the devils eye.9258

the devils eye.9258

No problems downloading, but there are some problem whit going into dungeons:

A) you don’t see all party members (already months like this happens randomly at any dungeon) happens when you form party
B) when trying to enter a dungeon it gives error from login server.
—> reforming the party or reloging is the only thing that helps.

Than another connection problem i see often is on the tp it gives than error about security and than after few moments it lets you on tp.

special note: after last patch it did crash my game twice when selling on tp whit really high stack of materials like 50 rare itemsd this happens when it can’t go all in the inventory.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

My girlfriend and I bought this game just two days and were excited to play. We were only able to play yesterday after the downloads finished but today when we woke up we both had the “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…” Can someone please help?

This is a new issue – please don’t give up yet – this is the newest game and the best so far regardless of the problems – if you can’t get in, try rebooting (yeah, I know, but some don’t know that it might help…).

There are many error issues all of a sudden – and one thing I know about this game, they fix problems as fast as possible, not like others that allow HUGE problems go by year after year.

Here’s hoping you and your gf have a great time!

BTW, don’t think if you both choose the same path that every single thing will be the same for both of you – this game is far too diverse to be “cookie cutter” for even two players.

Have fun!!!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

atheria.2837

Sat at the login (character) screen all night – then logged in after being told I had “timed out” and got it first time.

The errors are so random and not always “on connection”.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

No problems downloading, but there are some problem whit going into dungeons:

A) you don’t see all party members (already months like this happens randomly at any dungeon) happens when you form party
B) when trying to enter a dungeon it gives error from login server.
—> reforming the party or reloging is the only thing that helps.

Than another connection problem i see often is on the tp it gives than error about security and than after few moments it lets you on tp.

special note: after last patch it did crash my game twice when selling on tp whit really high stack of materials like 50 rare itemsd this happens when it can’t go all in the inventory.

I get the party issue too and when i group I occasionally encounter people who encounter it too. I have had this issue for maybe a couple of months or so and put in a lot of bug reports about it. I am playing from australia so the connection is always gonna be worse but other people in my guild from australia aren’t getting it as much/at all so idk.

-no party chat
-no guild chat
-no whispers
-sometimes chat i send will go thru but on my side it seems like it hasn’t. nothing comes thru to me from other people.
-no party info at all (seemto not be in party) OR other members show up as offline OR other members show up as offline + no names either.
-no guild info. appear to be alone in guild. OR all other guild members show as offline. sometimes even guild tag doesn’t show jsut []
-occurs seemingly randomly and not all the time
-simply relogging or restarting client doesn’t work
-afaik this isn’t the party issue where multiple member try join party at once→result in bugged display→ result in not seeing all members → fixed by leave and rejoin party
-there seems to be amassive lag effect with chat etc channels. eg i log a diff character but show up as old character. leave party but show up as still in party.
-get pop-up error msg “lost connection to log-in server” when i try to chat/use party functionality. sometimes many many times at once.
-sometimes game DC and have trouble logging in but this is more rare. eg i won’t get a dungeon pop-up but I can run in to my (bugged/invisible) party’s instance and play the entire thing without getting booted

Posted by: zeligman.4520

zeligman.4520

client losing server connection – the game is unplayable! tarnished coast, US, New england. error code 7:11:3:191:101

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

How dare you insinuate that Anet is doing this on purpose. It’s childish, unnecessary, and completely illogical.

Here’s a tip: before blaming someone or something, make sure it’s likely to be intentional first.

Please do not put words in my mouth. I did not say or imply that this connection error was intentional, and claiming such would make you a liar.

I was simply stating that if ANet would rather hire people to develop things like Crab Toss instead of people who keep the servers running, they need to reevaluate their priorities. I say things that may brush off as hostile because I enjoy this game and I wish the best for it.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

Posted by: Shnaklaha.8765

Shnaklaha.8765

Just to put an update, i directly connected my modem and fixed the issue. Its strange since i never had this issue before ever since launch……but oh well.

Posted by: DimentioJ.1604

DimentioJ.1604

How about something a little more meaningful than “me too”…

I have three accounts and three machines in the house. All three started having this problem in the last 48 hours.
Error 7:11:3:191:101

I have replaced my router to no avail.
I have flushed my DNS without change.
I have tried running the program as administrator or in XP compatibility. No joy.
I have removed Symantec Endpoint Protection (ver 11)… No change.
I have shut off my firewall without results.
I have run ping /t tests on my secondary monitors while it crashes and have seen no internet pauses during the problem period. (picture attached)
I have scanned for Malware with MalwareBytes and found nothing.

My machines are all Windows 7. One is 32 bit, two are 64 bit.
Video cards are NVidea Geforce 660

Obviously, this is not a local problem! Three machines don’t fail simultaneously unless there’s an outside issue and I have shown that my internet connection has flowed uninterruptedly during failure.

Attachments:

atheria.2837

How about something a little more meaningful than “me too”…

I have three accounts and three machines in the house. All three started having this problem in the last 48 hours.
Error 7:11:3:191:101

I have replaced my router to no avail.
I have flushed my DNS without change.
I have tried running the program as administrator or in XP compatibility. No joy.
I have removed Symantec Endpoint Protection (ver 11)… No change.
I have shut off my firewall without results.
I have run ping /t tests on my secondary monitors while it crashes and have seen no internet pauses during the problem period. (picture attached)
I have scanned for Malware with MalwareBytes and found nothing.

My machines are all Windows 7. One is 32 bit, two are 64 bit.
Video cards are NVidea Geforce 660

Obviously, this is not a local problem! Three machines don’t fail simultaneously unless there’s an outside issue and I have shown that my internet connection has flowed uninterruptedly during failure.

I wonder if ANET checked the logs to see if an MS update coincides with the logging issues?

This sounds like it isn’t coming from ANET’s servers but is more of an issue that they have been hit with AS WELL as us…

So wherever it’s coming from I am hoping they are scouring the logs.

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

Maguuma, US servers, California

While I’m playing sometimes when I go to the character select screen or another map, the game will be disconnected randomly. It doesn’t happen all the time but frequently enough after around 10pm pacific time.
I closed all my background problems, rebooted router and restarted my laptop and such but it still persist to have connection issues. I can go onto other websites perfectly normal but I cannot log onto Guild Wars 2 to play without trying a few times beforehand with a connection error message showing up.

Posted by: spiffyy.4650

spiffyy.4650

i had the same issue the other day, i had to reboot and restart the client a few times but after several attempts, I could connect.

ele with a side of engi

Posted by: Minase Taki.6782

Minase Taki.6782

Day 3 … still waiting for something to be done.

Posted by: kman.7481

kman.7481

i have this problem time to time, but when its happend ,i just restart my computer or restrat my rounter..
but today i did everything it used to worked even read many of forums that have other method of this problem . it doesn’t worked i tried for many hours so pls fixed this asap.

(edited by kman.7481)

Posted by: Gutz.2914

Gutz.2914

EU, Farshiver peak.

It’s been 3 days. Downloading speed in patch UI is so low(around 0K-5K per sec) and eventually it reaches the state of “Connection errors detected. Retrying”.

Anyone can tell me what’s the issue is?

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

NA, Ehmry Bay, connecting from (Western) Canada.

The game allows me to log in, albeit slowly, and then after about a minute of being in game, it disconnects and says there is a connection error. Please retry in a few minutes. I don’t know if this is the same issue, but it began on Monday/late Sunday and acts up every once in a while. Been a little over 2 hours of it now.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

parkersjones.7518

fyi – mac beta client is rock solid. in case you’re running the game on a win 7 build on your mac.

Posted by: skywolfsky.3029

skywolfsky.3029

Many player had lag issue, any update news from ArenaNet?

Minase Taki.6782

Day 4 … what more can i say.

parkersjones.7518

anyone else get an update to the PC client? seems to be ok now. Mac client still rock solid.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Yak’s Bend Server, Georgia, USA

In the space of half an hour I had two client lost connection issues and one Black Lion Trading post problem. It seems the connection issues are still happening and when I got thrown into overflow in LA I experienced some lag.

I went up to the Moa Races and traveled from overflow when offered that option. Several minutes after I did that I was trying to sell something on the TP only to get an empty pop up box which showed my items but nothing else.

Something is definitely going on but I do not have any idea what is causing all these problems. Prior to the Karka Queen event in Southsun I did not experience many issues. Ever since that implementation I have experienced major lag, game disconnect and/or client losing connection errors.

“Game client lost its connection to server…..error: 7:11:3:191:101”

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Minase Taki.6782

ARENA NET its been 5 days since i’ve been experiencing this problem.

I did not mention before, connecting from Romania, on server Fissure Of Woe, no error code.

Attachments:

(edited by Minase Taki.6782)

Minase Taki.6782

Ok done a little digging in GW2 forum and found this:

Korinth.9643

I had this problem, after trolling through the internet for about six hours, I found a solution.
Open your cmd.exe (by typing cmd into the run box) then type ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’ without the quotes, fixed the issue straight away.
You will likely need to reauthenticate your login, though.

And now i got this: (view attach)

I would like to mention that it’s been 6 days since i am unable to connect.

Connecting from Romania on server Fissure of Woe.

Attachments:

Posted by: Stormydove.1870

Stormydove.1870

58:11:5:512 is my error code. I tried repair it don’t fix it

Posted by: Sousui.1635

Sousui.1635

58:11:5:512 here too. NA EST location.

Posted by: Grail.4750

Grail.4750

Played yesterday, zero issues. Now I’m getting the “unable to connect to the log-in server” error. Error code 58:11:5:512.

Edit: US Central on Jade Quarry.

(edited by Grail.4750)

Posted by: Stormydove.1870

Stormydove.1870

Ya so far error code 58:11:5:512 which I have is the one not working still. Others are getting in with the 7-something code.

Posted by: Francis.3576

Francis.3576

played a few hours, probably 3 hours ago, zero issues too.
now i cnt log-in with error 58:11:5:512

Posted by: Creakinator.4759

Creakinator.4759

58:11:5:512 here too. NA PST Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Niquechelle.2015

Niquechelle.2015

Just got the same Error code since this morning.
58:11:5:512. Had a few disconnects the last days, every time stating connection to log in server had failed. Now I can’t log in at all. Just wanted to log off yesterday when the game crashed (black screen fps awfull high) and this is what I get this morning..

Posted by: Francis.3576

Francis.3576

Anet said at twitter

From twitter:

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2 6m

The team is investigating the login issue and working to resolve it. Thanks for bearing with us. ~RB ^RB

Twitter > Official Forums… GG.

Posted by: Willy OD.8437

Willy OD.8437

58:11:5:512 EU Desolation. Started happening after the latest small patch. Had no problems for the past week (or before) and I’ve been playing quite a lot during DB.

Posted by: Marius.3045

Marius.3045

58:11:5:512
Receiving this error…cant play. Frustrating ….

Posted by: Snyggast.4263

Snyggast.4263

58:11:5:512 here too
playing in erupoe WSR server, problem after last patch, was no problem playing yesterday

Posted by: Showfire.1924

Showfire.1924

Error Code: 58:11:5:512
Unable to Connect to the Log-in Server

Posted by: Epistemic.8013

Epistemic.8013

No error code, just “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…”. I was able to play earlier this evening, logged out around 8pm server time. Came back a few hours later and this crap happened.

Posted by: Niquechelle.2015

Niquechelle.2015

Just wanted to get a support ticket out and tried again.
Its working!

Posted by: Crimson Magdelana.9024

Crimson Magdelana.9024

Our entire night crew in WvW is screwed. No one can log in. So….we’re getting rolled.

You call it afk. I call it getting a beer.

Posted by: Gsebi.9285

Gsebi.9285

Got passed the login finally but now saying a firewall issue.

Posted by: Kuro Kami.8436

Kuro Kami.8436

This happens quite often. You guys need to step your game up.

Minase Taki.6782

PROBLEM SOLVED !

After 6 days, countless hours of internet digging, i finally found a guy who said he installed [ Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended ] and it solved the problem, i did just that and my problem was solved immediately.

Link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

(edited by Minase Taki.6782)

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Please don’t use a different thread to report about issues that are unrelated to a thread that was created nearly a week ago.

If you wish to discuss the login issues that have occurred tonight, please use this thread.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra