Connectivity Issues After P4F Release

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: iScrappyKoKo.4798

iScrappyKoKo.4798

I’ve been playing the game decently for the past few days but after the Play for Free release my connection to the game became terrible…

i understand the traffic but it seems pretty fine to majority of the people i play with

- slow patch speed http://i.imgur.com/OS0Rggn.png
- connection error http://i.imgur.com/aMF2JU8.png

and after finishing my patches i manage to get in game but the chat sometimes become buggy, and is delayed… if i do party messages or guild messages my message would appear late or not at all

i receive this Error code after each party / guild messages that doesnt go through
http://i.imgur.com/S4NsPLi.png

a few minutes later it will pop up and the screen becomes white… the patcher will open again and i cant login my account until i use the /clientport 80 method…

problems are still there even with the /clientport 80 method

i wont force dc if i dont use party / guild chat which i pretty much cant live without

Posted by: monkeyfate.2064

monkeyfate.2064

I am experienceing the exact same issue. I seem to get a little further on the patch each time before the speed bottoms out and I get the connection error. Was just playing the game on Friday and haven’t been able to get on at all today (Sunday, August 30th).

Please help!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You now the internet is like the street system. For example there is a big event
in Town A and 6 streets lead there .. on 1 there is maybe a big traffic jam, while
on another the traffic is slow rolling .. and on the others you can drive with
max speed.

Now you are maybe on the road with the traffic jam.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: monkeyfate.2064

monkeyfate.2064

Instead of being a jerk beldin, maybe offer some help….

After more searching on this forum, I found a thread with a link posted to this video:

I followed what that user did and it worked right away.

Good luck Scrappy

Beldin.5498

That was meant totally serious .. only because there is lag on your route to a
server does not mean there is lags on all routes to that server, and also does
it not mean that there can’t be routes without lag to any other server.

And a lot of people seem to not understand how the internet works, and
always say :
No . it can’t be the internet because i have no lag in Game X ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Idris.9351

Idris.9351

I’m having this exact same problem. I’ve been trying to get the patch to finish loading for 2+ hours now. About to just give up on it for the night tbh

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

After more searching on this forum, I found a thread with a link posted to this video:

Good luck Scrappy

Actually, Beldin is correct. Numerous people come to the forums and only post the issue and go “Since my internet is working, it’s Anet”. It doesn’t go Your Router – Anet servers, it actually hits many points (called hops). Which is why (and yes, even Anet asks for it when there are people complaining of issues) people need to run a traceroute while the issue occurring to see where the issue is. If it is happening at Anet’s server, then Anet can see which IP is having the problem and correct it. If it’s happening with their ISP, they can contact them. If it’s happening at a hop in between, you can contact your ISP and tell them and they can contact the location having the problem.

Posting screen shots of the issue doesn’t show where the issue is occuring, nor does it give any information on where to go to fix the problem.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Aurora.1926

Aurora.1926

Good luck Scrappy

Upon watching the video, this is only a fix if you currently have the game installed, correct? Or am I misunderstanding (very possible as I’m not good with these things)?

I’m getting the same issues with the speed slowing down to 0 and stopping there, sometimes even a connection error, except I’m doing a new install on a new computer, in your search did you find any other workarounds that might work without the game already being installed?

Posted by: flatlined.6597

flatlined.6597

Use a VPN instantly fixed my problem!

Beldin.5498

Use a VPN instantly fixed my problem!

Because the VPN uses a different route (street) where you have no traffic jam ^^

Yes.. i also have a VPN .. and whenever i have lags i use it .. and the problems are
magically gone (most of the times if i use another route there) o.O