Constant Crashing at random times

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TheOpethian.4329

TheOpethian.4329

Q:

I stopped playing GW2 for a few months and when I came back I realized that my game would crash at random times all the time. I have tried repairing the client but that crashes too which makes no sense to me. I have attached the crash report, in hopes that someone can solve my problem.

Attachments:

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Since you have 3GB Ram total, you might be running out memory.

Try enabling the “3GB Switch”, here’s how to do it:

Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu.

Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter “bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072”
Restart the computer.

If for whatever reason you’d like to revert the changes (switching the 3GB Switch off) follow this guide:

Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu.

Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter “bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa”
Restart the computer.

TheOpethian.4329

I doubt it’s a memory issue since I played it with no trouble at all a few months ago and it crashes while repairing as well.

Posted by: Michael.2965

Michael.2965

I have 16gig of Ram and a GTX 680 Nvidia graphics card and kitten drive with space and a 1TB secondary drive and my game is randomly crashing and blue screened 3 times This dont happen on ESO, WOW, SC2, SWTOR, DC Universe but it does on this game and i just came back to it.

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

I doubt it’s a memory issue since I played it with no trouble at all a few months ago and it crashes while repairing as well.

My friend’s pc used to handle GW2 fine but as the game evolved and group events got bigger her game started crashing like every 15mins, she couldn’t participate in those events because of those crashes.

That was when we turned on the 3Gb Switch and now the game runs fine, no crashes at all.

Trying won’t hurt, you can always revert the changes following the guide on my first post.

TheOpethian.4329

Well I tried it and the crashes continued normally.