Constant crashes since the patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Scotia.1056

Scotia.1056

When I try to launch game, I get a flashing screen. Need to ctrl alt del to get task manager and reboot windows as even the task manager flashes when I launch it.
Windows 7 user. Never had this problem before.

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

The client crashes for me too, after installing the latest patch it crashed and since then it gets stuck at 0% each time I try to launch. Repairing the launcher doesn’t work either.

• Crash <—*
    OOM: Heap, bytes=7223024,
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 5296
    Cmdline: -repair
    BaseAddr: 01180000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 34604
    When: 2014-06-04T14:23:42Z 2014-06-04T17:23:42+03:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:06:43
    Flags: 0
Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

It works fine today – just to let you know

Polka will never die

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’ve crashed twice today, same error code, but it’s not like every few minutes.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Naoelden.3592

Naoelden.3592

I have the same error upon log in and it was working fine 5 hours ago before patch. Error 58:11:5:535

This is happening to me too, i don’t know what is going on.

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Boyfriend and I on same connection, not happening for him. I feel like this happens to me after every other major patch, actually, but this has been pretty bad since tuesday. The client sometimes outright freezes, but most of the time it just kicks me. “lost connection with log in server” when I log in on the account name screen, sometimes writes out red errors on the Download xKB (xKB/sec) screen. If I can get through character select I’m lucky, if I can get past the loading screen for the zone I’m trying to get into I’m super lucky, if I can make it more than a minute without getting an error with the log in server 7:11 error, I’m lucky. All my other games run fine. I’ve been experiencing incredible lag lately, and it seems to have spread to the very selection of my character.

Things I noticed leading up to this: I’d log in and the motion would all freeze, but chat would still continue to update in real time. The latest time it crashed it actually let me send a crash report, so that happened. Like I said, if I can even manage to get on a character I don’t last for more than a minute or two before getting kicked. I show up in game on my boyfriend’s screen when it won’t let me past the zone loading screen. Sometimes I can move around for up to about 3 minutes once I load in. I watched myself die in Tequatl’s whirlpool on his screen but then I came back alive, now I’m under water and losing my health but regaining it and losing it. It’s like I’m skipping through time. People are still slinging spells, but Tequatl’s health is vastly different on our screens. My skills are pulsing…. Sometimes I hear just players and spells for a while before I see the rest of the battle — that I just watched on my boyfriend’s screen finish — play in hyperspeed for my character. I hear everything, I see people go down and have the option to res them (but of course can not), the shock waves happen. But on my boyfriend’s screen everyone is standing around the chest.

I don’t know if this is what everyone else is talking about, but that’s my experience.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

still same issue.. only this game causes the PC to crash.. hard reboot to fix it.

repair also crashes pc.

only started happening since patch.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Hweng.9475

Hweng.9475

I am getting the same error constantly
7:11:3:191:101

It was fine for me after the update but, today I am unable to play without getting this network error every 5 minutes. Because of this I am unable to do dungeons and unable to queue for WvW. Please look into the issue and fix it.

(edited by Hweng.9475)

Posted by: The Crimson.7852

The Crimson.7852

Game was working fine for me after the patch until a few hours ago, was disconnected during the Shatterer fight, and haven’t been able to log in since. Keep getting the error code below:

Error Code: 42:1000:7006:1327

I did a system restore after reading up about 1327 codes generally having corrupted files. Worked, now I am in the game again. Good Luck.

Posted by: VuDaddy.2078

VuDaddy.2078

Game was working fine for me after the patch until a few hours ago, was disconnected during the Shatterer fight, and haven’t been able to log in since. Keep getting the error code below:

I did a system restore after reading up about 1327 codes generally having corrupted files. Worked, now I am in the game again. Good Luck.

I’m encountering the same error code. I played fine this morning but when I tried to log on an hour ago, I couldn’t. If I do a system restore to 2 days ago, would it erase the progress that I’ve made up until now?

Posted by: Anjo.3170

Anjo.3170

Just got disconnected twice in a row from WvW with this error. Map chat is filled with other people complaining about disconnects and severe lag.

Posted by: WrathOfZen.3675

WrathOfZen.3675

i still get dc from the server.

Posted by: Luranni.9470

Luranni.9470

Yep I’m having big lag freezes that either then result in a flurry of “catch up” activity and usually me being dead on the floor, or it outright disconnects.

It’s the only game/application I’m having disconnect issues with.

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Why do you mix here disconnect problems that are mostly ISP/Network problems, with OOM crashes that are more problems with either to high graphics setting at crowded places or other hardware issues ?

Its really not possible to give helpful answers if 10 people are posting different problems in one thread instead of making their own thread.

For OOM : try lower graphics settings
for disconnet : trace IP / check ISP

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Stand still in LA – disconnect
Play WvW – Disconnect
Looks like an hour has passed – TIME TO DISCONNECT !!

Posted by: Face.6534

Face.6534

wtf is this. instant disconnects every single time i log in. i have tried everything

jigwig skweezo

Posted by: Scorpek.4502

Scorpek.4502

Getting the code 7:11:3:191:101. I had no issues when I started playing about 2 weeks ago, and this only happened when my roommates and I would play GW2 at the same time. Right now I am the only one using the internet…and I have been getting disconnected almost every 10 minutes after the most recent patch. Thought maybe it was the graphics so I switched the settings to “best performance” but it kicked me even faster. Tried resetting the router, fixing my internet drivers, and creating the “Port Test” shortcut…nothing made a difference.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

My PC is crashing now.

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

7:11:3:191:101
In L.A. , wvw, hotm, but weirdly not in any pvp matches.

Every 5 minutes after log in or so. Sometimes I’ll go an hour or so fine even during NA prime. The d.c.‘s are well spread out. Some even at 4 am. starts with the usual. Skills don’t work and flash, no interaction works. Usually only takes 3-5 seconds before dc. Sometimes (rarely) all interaction will stop for about 10-20 seconds then everything bounces back into place and keeps running as normal.

Guys don’t worry its just the major cable companies and the FCC :p

Pancakes
Thief

(edited by TehHobNob.4687)

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

I cant play the game since recent patch. Please fix asap….its been a week..

Posted by: Pityveck.2478

Pityveck.2478

Mine crashes in WvW usually just as a champ is about to die. Extremely frustrating and missing out on lots of stuff!!!

Posted by: doomknife.7498

doomknife.7498

This is ludicrous already.

Playing from Brazil, absurd lag and drop after a few minutes. Tried playing in several different places, with different connections and providers.

Error 7:11:3:191:101

The game’s the problem, fix it.

(edited by doomknife.7498)

Posted by: Oldwiser.3920

Oldwiser.3920

Why can’t these guys acknowledge their problem and give us status reports. One assumes that the problem isn’t code it’s lack of server capacity. Well past time for this to be addressed.

Error 7:11:3:191:101

Posted by: jadak.9157

jadak.9157

I keep having the error code 58:11:5:535:101 when i’m at WvW even before this last patch.
It’s becoming really annoying.

Posted by: ValkyrieL.9806

ValkyrieL.9806

Can’t reach login servers… Hope there’s nothing wrong with my account. ANET pls fix quick!
This is the error codes i got.
Build: 34604

Posted by: Liraz.9230

Liraz.9230

I’m sort of having the same issues, I can reach my “Character Select” screen, but once I choose one it tries to load wherever the character is and then comes up with “Error 7:11:3:191:101”

Upon checking my account security, I did see that I had a “TX, US” logged in, so I immediately terminated it and changed my password. Judging from my “Character Select” screen, everything seems intact, I just can’t actually play. I ran a security scan on my computer and everything seems to be in working order.

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

Having similar issues, my computer keeps freezing and requires a hard reboot. Normally happens in instances or during cut-scenes. Ive tested all my hardware, reinstalled everything (game, Windows, drivers, etc. ). I don’t know what to do at this point. Any help would be a great help.

-mredus.deviantart.com-

Posted by: GBousley.4075

GBousley.4075

Since patch, I have been getting constantly disconnected from game in 2 different ways (outlined below). My DC’s are happening very frequently at times, but other times not at all… there’s no pattern that I can think of. The 2 ways I DC are below:

1. In one case, and this happens mostly, connection to server is lost in a classic way where everyone runs into the walls and none of my abilities execute. Within about 10-20 seconds I am kicked to the login screen with an error message.

2. Other case, my screen will suddenly, instantly go black and will sometimes have an error prompt about disconnection. I will still hear the game music, but nothing else. This causes me to restart the client.

This game is just about unplayable for me at times and feels like a gamble logging in right now.

Posted by: MystikaLsmuRF.7150

MystikaLsmuRF.7150

^
This pretty much sums it up. Everything started today (sunday) for me.. outta nowhere. Pretty lame, can barely play 10mins without getting dc’d or freezing for a whole minute before coming back to.. of course, being dead if you were remotely doing anything else than standing in town.

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

^
Same as GBousley.4075 Case #1, noticed it since this weekend. I play strictly WvW.
I sometimes can play without issue for 20 min, 30 min. Then suddenly everyone will start running in straight lines, and I know I’m in for an infinite lag.
I let my game open to see if it will kick me, or unfreeze, but it doesn’t do anything after several minutes and I have to terminate my Gw2 Client from Task-Manager.

The reason I post here is now I can barely log-in and play for 1 minute now. It is unplayable.

I have never had any problem disconnecting from GW2 before, been playing for 1.5 years.

EDIT: I tried again let it ran forever to see if I can get an error code, finally disconnected me with the 7:11:3:191:101 code, if it helps..

EDIT: Like Liraz.9230, upon checking my account security, I did see that I had a “TX, US” logged in, but it isn’t in my Authorized Networks so I don’t understand how it is possible. Kicked the session anyways and will proceed to change my security, tho I find this very weird. I don’t think I lost any of my stuff, I checked couple of my characters quickly. I still can’t play tho, I still disconnect in loops after a few moments logged in…

EDIT: Found this post about the TX-US Login https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Security-page-shows-2-logins

(edited by Shiver.5903)

Posted by: Elbis.3681

Elbis.3681

i’ve crashed today, same error code…while on fractal.now i cant join wvw too…what is going on

Posted by: Celes.8953

Celes.8953

Keep crashing every 10 minutes or so…
Noticed this also in my security account: TX , US (64.25.32.69)…

(edited by Celes.8953)

Posted by: murphan.3514

murphan.3514

I just logged in for the first time in weeks. It’s such a huge let down to update the game, try to log in and then I can’t even play because some error keeps popping up and it logs me out. I keep exiting the game and trying different characters. On one character, who is parked in The Grove, I can hear the music, surroundings, etc, but I can’t see anything. It’s a white screen. On my other character, I can log in and see everything, but I can’t play for no more than two minutes at a time. It’s very frustrating!

Posted by: Liraz.9230

Liraz.9230

For an update, I have managed to access my account, just not on my personal computer. Everything was as it should be, so I’m pretty sure the TX, US ip address is the one that Gaile mentioned. I am currently in the process of completely reinstalling gw2 on my computer; last night I managed to log on for an hour after deleting the latest patch file, but once I tried to change maps or my character I get the good old “Error: 7:11:3:191:101” when I tried to actually load wherever I had left my character in. So hopefully in a couple of hours when gw2 has finished reinstalling everything will have sorted it out. I will post another update if it was successful.

Edit: I forgot to mention that ever since the new patch a file called “THIRDPARTYSOFTWAREREADME” has appeared on my computer. I’ll delete it but then it pop back up when I run gw2. It’s here again as I reinstall the game. Does anyone else have this and/or know what it is? I ran a scan on it and it’s benign.

(edited by Liraz.9230)

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

“Edit: I forgot to mention that ever since the new patch a file called “THIRDPARTYSOFTWAREREADME” has appeared on my computer. I’ll delete it but then it pop back up when I run gw2. It’s here again as I reinstall the game. Does anyone else have this and/or know what it is? I ran a scan on it and it’s benign.”

It’s just a text file regarding third party software that the game uses. It won’t do any harm and is, in fact, normal.

Posted by: MystikaLsmuRF.7150

MystikaLsmuRF.7150

The worst part is that it’s not even getting better. I used to be able to play sometimes up to 30-40mins without dc’ing, but today… I’m lucky if I can get 30-40seconds in. When doing gvg’s or wvw, half the people are always dc’ing and this is becoming completely stupid.

Posted by: Mathios.8236

Mathios.8236

Ok people, for the one’s with the error code 42:1000:7006:1327.
I found the solution posted on a other site, and it works for me.

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”

4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”

5. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end.

Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”

6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.

7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.

This was posted by Ashley Segovia on that site. (just to be clear)

Hope it works also for you

Posted by: reciprocal.1946

reciprocal.1946

I’ve opened the required ports (80, 443, 6000 and 6112, I think) and have also done a packet loss test. It’s not on my end. It’s definitely the game server

Posted by: Shenprod.7164

Shenprod.7164

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.

This worked!! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this.

Posted by: scirocco.9805

scirocco.9805

I get lags and alot of disconeccts the last 2 weeks now, its worse in the evenings, I played 2 years before that without a hitch, so its not my network. I can run other online games at the same time without any lag whatsoever in those, its only gw2.

Error code 7:11:3:191:101

Waiting for the linux port, wine makes my computer burn..

Posted by: reciprocal.1946

reciprocal.1946

This worked!! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this.

Okay I should have tried this out before posting before this. It does INDEED work. I’ve tested starting without the additional command and with and this definitely makes a difference.

I did open up ports for Guild Wars though. I thought that was sufficient. Obviously not.

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

i have crashed 3 times today and a few yesterday trying to help a guildie with his personal living story. plus in event for legendary sand giant. says client server errors please log back in few mintues

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Its a ddos attack on all of Anet and Ncsoft mainly aimed at Wildstar.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: scirocco.9805

scirocco.9805

I really doubt they can keep up a Ddos atack for 3 weeks.

Waiting for the linux port, wine makes my computer burn..

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

I really doubt they can keep up a Ddos atack for 3 weeks.

Why do you say that? All they’d have to do is keep their botnet sending the flood of packets. My last DDoS attack lasted for over a week. Not reason it couldn’t have gone on if the attacker had wanted it to.