Constant crashing... Help?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Reiizm.5871

Reiizm.5871

So I stopped playing GW2 for a few months and have recently come back.
I can play for about 5-10 minutes then the game will crash.

Often textures will be replaced with an odd blue/green.

This never happened before. What can I do?

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

It’s been happening more often these days. I haven’t experienced all the client freezing and disconnection errors until recently, about a month or so ago.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Have you upgraded your graphics driver lately? What graphics card are you running and I can point you in the right direction to install the latest graphics driver for your specific card.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Reiizm – I remember you posting a few days ago in regards to this issue. I take it a clean installation of your video card drivers drivers didn’t resolve the issue for you. Would you mind posting a Game Advisor report to the thread so we can take a look? If you don’t feel comfortable posting this information, I’d recommend creating a technical support ticket so we can better assist you one on one.

If you reply back with your ticket number I can take a look at your issue personally and make sure this gets looked into asap.

Reiizm.5871

Hi Ashley, yes it was me and unfortunately no, the clean installation did not work ):
I updated and did a clean installation of my video card drivers and the problem still persists.
It’s really frustrating because it makes the game unplayable since I crash every 5-10 minutes not to mention the blue/green textures.

I’ve included the Game Advisor report in the Attachments.

(edited by Reiizm.5871)

Posted by: Dutch Rental.8360

Dutch Rental.8360

Hey Ashley could u look into my test also please
im currently having black screen and bleu screen isseus also and cannot find a fix for it also cannot find an bios upgrade for my mobo

here is the test ty in advance

80 Guardian
Veteran of Far Shiverpeaks since headstart

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Is your GPU temperature within its safe limit? You can use GPU-Z to make sure your GPU isn’t overheating which can be found here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2234/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-7-0/

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Reiizm.5871

My GPU temperature is definitely within its safe limit; i’ve checked while in game so I’m positive that’s not the issue.

(edited by Reiizm.5871)

Reiizm.5871

Hi Reiizm – I remember you posting a few days ago in regards to this issue. I take it a clean installation of your video card drivers drivers didn’t resolve the issue for you. Would you mind posting a Game Advisor report to the thread so we can take a look? If you don’t feel comfortable posting this information, I’d recommend creating a technical support ticket so we can better assist you one on one.

If you reply back with your ticket number I can take a look at your issue personally and make sure this gets looked into asap.

I made a support ticket; here is the number: #130511-000616
If you could get this looked at and respond back asap I would be most grateful.
Thank you in advance.

Posted by: Inishadow.2048

Inishadow.2048

I also have this problem. Sometimes when i play like an hour it crashes when i teleport to a other waypoint. Sometimes my textures are turning blue/greenish and when that happens my client will crash in like 5 minutes. i hope anyone can help me with this problem

Dutch Rental.8360

same here my cpu stays arround 45 celcius and my gpu`s wont exceed 40 celcius

80 Guardian

Posted by: Rujensan.2730

Rujensan.2730

I have the same issues. NPC-focus profiles turn blue-green or the world map turns blue-green when zoomed out. Then you have around 5 minutes until the game shuts down. Pressing the screen-shot button when the ghostcolours are there also closes the game. I cleaned my pc on the inside, updated my NVidia driver and ran the -repair function. Issues are still there.

Dutch Rental.8360

Can we please have some tech support in here and some conclusions about the test logs ty

80 Guardian

Posted by: Gerros.7851

Gerros.7851

I am experiencing exactly these same issues with the blue/green textures and constant crashing. I had absolutely no problems with this until the recent Queen’s Jubilee patch.

Posted by: Schnolltz.5130

Schnolltz.5130

Google: Windows 32bit 3GB Switch and try to add more virtual memory.
After I did this my problem was solved and i never crashed again (after 1 year of constant crashes and weird graphic glitches)

Posted by: Sir Gophlin.2567

Sir Gophlin.2567

I am having the exact same problems.
the long loadtimes, the odd gfx glitches where things are blue/green.

From what I have read in the different posts, the issue would seem to be because of the latest patch.
The latest patch put a higher demand on the hardware, specifically the memory (RAM).
The problem seem to mainly hit people with windows 32-bit (such as myself).
win 32-bit cannot use more than.. 3½ gb RAM i think?
while the patch made the game require more than that, or so it seems. Which causes the game to crash and malfunction.
Meanwhile, 64-bit windows users do not seem to have the problem.. atleast not that I’ve heard of..

Posted by: Sir Gophlin.2567

Sir Gophlin.2567

Google: Windows 32bit 3GB Switch and try to add more virtual memory.
After I did this my problem was solved and i never crashed again (after 1 year of constant crashes and weird graphic glitches)

Sure, this works for people using hardware from Intel .. however, there seems to be a problem with this software and users of amd hardware.
So people should be carefull to use that.

Posted by: MentalMicky.8970

MentalMicky.8970

/Sigh. Once again a games companies “blame” end-users, asks for all sorts of error logs and/or blames out of date drivers etc, rather than their own shoddy coding.

Issues like these ALWAYS seem to appear after one of their game updates, that’s no co-incidence!

IF a GFX driver update is required/recommended to play post-update, you should state it clearly in any upgrade and/or error prompt, rather than the “Random Error 83262….” you usually show post-update. This means diddly-squat to the average layman.

Also, the “system expectation” of the average GW2 player seems to have changed dramatically since original launch and I can’t see why (other than poor/shoddy coding!).

I play a number of FPS/MMO games (CoD, MoH, LotRO, Secret World, Rift, Dishonored, BioShock Infinite) all at max settings with zero issues and a slight-to-medium increase in GFX/Fan speeds, all at a res of 1920*1200.

I can’t play GW2 anymore, even at low settings on a res of 1024*768, without it ramping up GFX/Fan usage and eventually crashing! Poor form!

Edit: I am a 64-bit Win7 user with 16GB of DDR3 RAM, so bang goes the 32-bit only argument. My GFX/Windows/Anything Else drivers are all up to date.

(edited by MentalMicky.8970)

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Same issue, and always happens with content updates. Today I can’t even start the game. I’ve rebooted my computer 20 times now, and tried, crashes on startup every time. Usually it crashes about 3 times before finally it loads, but today it seems to be pointless.

I’ve run memory tests with memtest86+, no errors.
I’ve added the 3GB switch (since I’m running windows XP Pro on pure Intel).
I’m using the latest video card drivers from nVidia.
I’ve deleted the Local.dat file and run -repair.
I’ve defragged my drive with Defraggler.
I run everything on absolute minimum when it comes to graphics settings in-game.

The game doesn’t crash per se, it just won’t load, and ends up with a flickering screen after the launcher dialog has disappeared. There’s nothing I can do at that point but to reboot the whole computer. Try 20 of these reboots in a row and you’ll start to understand the frustration.

Posted by: fabiane.6027

fabiane.6027

My game is still crashing out of memory. When I thought I figured what was the issue and needed to format my computer to try a new test, my ticket was closed without an email.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.

Posted by: yelena arnica monta.2541

yelena arnica monta.2541

My Game keeps disconnecting.. at random.. funny thing is I can still chat with my guild members… So that is weird. Today in a zerg my game crashed 3 times I get a vague error report and even a couple of weeks ago Arena Net detected a serious error and asked for my permission to extract a report (in game) My whole computer is updated and I can’t make a bug report when it crashes.. what now?

Posted by: fabiane.6027

fabiane.6027

I’ve tried adding more virtual memory and I keep crashing. Still using 32 bits Win 7 after reading the “edit” in MentalMicky comment.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Ashley posted this today, it may even help mentalmicky to an extent since it might give him something to look into:

““*—> Crash <—*
Out of Memory: arena=Environment, cat=Prop Packfile, allocBytes=10396684, arenaBytes=71425224, fallbackBytes=62304, align=0 , "

This may also be tied to that green/blue issue that you’re seeing in game, but as far as I can tell this has usually been an issue with a failing graphics card.

For the crash issue – there may be some workarounds that have worked with other players. One solution presented by players being affected by this is to change the “Maximum pre-rendered frames” in the Nvidia control panel. To do this:

1. Right-click on your desktop and select “Nvidia Control Panel.”

2. Select "Manage 3D Settings.

3. Scroll down until you find “Maximum pre-rendered frames” and change it from “Use the 3D application settings” to “1.”

Once completed, click “Apply” to save your changes and try Guild Wars 2 again.

Aside from this, the only other thing that may resolve these crash issues for you would be to upgrade to a 64-bit operating system."

Posted by: Jace.9630

Jace.9630

Same issue here but my entire pc shuts down.
I’ve looked into my cpu and gpu temps, both are in the green, cpu 35ish and gpu 55 (under load). I also had some time away from gw2 and returned about a month or so ago. I had no issue like this before hand.
My system info is:
Xfx hd7850 2gb
Amd fx 6300 3.5ghz
Ga990fxa ud3 moBo
8gb ddr3 corsair ram
550 watt modular psu
OS- win 8 64 bit

Really don’t know what to do as I can’t read any crash logs as it completly shuts off.
This is with graphics both set to minimum and auto detect.
Thanks in advance

(edited by Jace.9630)

Posted by: Adventiar.7259

Adventiar.7259

Was there any resolution to these issues? I having the same problem now and and gonna quit the game all together if this keeps happening. Its like playing ROM all over again and i don’t have the patience to deal with this frustration. It makes me sad to see its been months and still no fixes to the issues the community is having.

I never had these issues before a month ago when I tried updating and it crashed. I found out I had to rename the GW2.tmp file to GW2.exe after renaming the GW2.exe to something else. Since then when ever I update I have that issue. Also I removed the game completely and reinstalled and have all the same issues.

Posted by: Einherjar.9370

Einherjar.9370

Ok… this is enough… TECH SUPPORT… read this for the love of gods: All of us on this thread are probably still having the same issue- I know I am. ANet I love this game and I want to play it… but I can’t .. fix this for the love of whatever you hold dear:
1) cannot run game more than 5-30 minutes -random “memory crash”
Last time game was even running more fine with same settings than most other times still crashed.. did not top processor or memory… dont know about video memory but here’s the catch : IRRELEVANT – game did NOT do this before few patches/months ago… and me and probably most people here had NOT modified any soft/hardware.
2) sometimes get the textures unloading and the blue-green colour mesh crap
3) whenever screenshot while blue-green meshes are visible – crash 95% of time or after 5-10 minutes of playing with them… MAX.
4) Usual crash when entering new area/TP across map… after 1 or a few map changes
5) everything here did NOT happen or not with this intensity since few months back… about when this thread was created.. give or take….
Cannot play the game like this… I want to….. Tech support please reply to us – you have the data of the above logs and details- down to the gw2screenshot while blue-green mesh on screen instant CTD …. drivers and everythign else aparently irrelevant which was obvious since these did not happen before.