Constant crashing locks me out of zones

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lyenyo.2891

Lyenyo.2891

Hi,

This seems to happen at least once every other day, basically I will be jumping around then suddenly I get a crash to desktop, I log back in but before the load screen fades it will crash again and again and again. If I log in another character that is in a different map, it will be fine, but if I zone into the map where my other character has crashed… the same will happen again.

Repair does absolutely nothing but waste my time.

The funny part? if I wait 12-24 hours it will sort itself out and I can log into the zone again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(edited by Lyenyo.2891)

Posted by: Madness.9064

Madness.9064

This happens to me too:/

Lyenyo.2891

Bumping because it’s happening again, again and again now….

I joined Frostgorge Sound Overflow… started fighting Jormag and BANG crashed… logged back into a different overflow and everything is fine, until I re-joined my friend in the overflow where I crashed and it happened again… causing me to miss out on Jormag half-way through the fight.

What the kitten is going on? it’s so god kitten annoying, repair does NOTHING, re-installing does NOTHING.

Please help

Attachments:

Lyenyo.2891

Just woke up, logged in and it’s happened already in Caledon Forest.

I repaired the client last night.

Update: Crashed upon entering Cursed Shore

(edited by Lyenyo.2891)

Posted by: PixieProxy.8591

PixieProxy.8591

I get the MainCli.cpp crash too, it’s been happening for a while now and I even replaced my RAM, but to no avail. I just can’t get it to stop.

Crash log attached.

Attachments:

(edited by PixieProxy.8591)

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Have you checked your temps at the time of the crashes?

Posted by: PerfectionSX.7541

PerfectionSX.7541

Let’s see you system spec

Lyenyo.2891

Have you checked your temps at the time of the crashes?

I don’t think temps have anything to do with it, seeing as I can access every other zone but the one I crash in for a certain amount of time.

Let’s see you system spec

Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory 8192MB RAM
Samsung 830 120GB SSD
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 “Phantom”

Lyenyo.2891

It’s happening again… I joined a group for Arah, zoned to the map, crashed, crashed, crashed… got back in, kicked and some disappointed people in party chat.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kande.1930

Kande.1930

Happening to me too. After i (finally) got the email confirmation, i was able to login for 3 seconds in lion’s arch, then bam crash to desktop.

Lyenyo.2891

This is ridiculous, it’s happened again.

I have been playing ALL day without problems, going to many zones INCLUDING CURSED SHORE, yet when I find a group for Arah, I zone to the map and then crash again…

I’ve tried over 10 times now and I can’t get back in, I feel bad for the group who are probably waiting on me.

Crash text is attached
Also, in my Documents GW2 folder there is LOADS of crash files from this error, screenshot attached.

Lyenyo.2891

Happening yet again, I crashed while chopping logs.. then crashed when I pressed 2 skills at once on the Great Jungle Wurm

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Lyenyo – I took a look at your crash logs and it looks like they’re showing CRC errors, what this means is that something has caused a file to be the wrong size and corrupted the installation. The first thing we want to rule out are issues on your drive.

Please do the following first to check and repair your drive:

1. Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.

2. Right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

5. Click Start.

Depending upon the size of your hard disk, this may take several minutes. For best results, don’t use your computer for any other tasks while it’s checking for errors.

Once that is complete, Please navigate to your Documents > Guild Wars 2 folder and in there you should see a file called Local.dat. Delete this file. Once you’ve done this, go ahead and run another repair on the client.

Lyenyo.2891

Thanks for the reply Ashley,

I tried what you said and it worked for a couple of days but I have just crashed when idling in LA. I managed to log back in but the second I turned my camera I crashed again, I have now managed to escape to Gendarran Fields and everything seems normal for now…

Is there no cure?

Attachments:

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

What the kitten is this problem?! Its been happening to me a lot. I keep seeing “MainCli.cpp(589)” that appear on all my crash reports.

It seems this issue is everywhere, and even though I have sent through, what must of been, 60+ of these reports still the problem is not solved. You must have 1000’s of these reports from people by now since this problem has been here since launch.

Anet please stop with that automated reply. It doesn’t work and looks like a bs band-aid fix.

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

Thanks for the reply Ashley,

I tried what you said and it worked for a couple of days but I have just crashed when idling in LA. I managed to log back in but the second I turned my camera I crashed again, I have now managed to escape to Gendarran Fields and everything seems normal for now…

Is there no cure?

Hi Lyenyo,

Have you tried a fresh clean install of Windows and Gw2 to rule out any software problems or third party applications causing corruption?

I experienced a similar issue and finally resolved it for myself. First off, you did not mention your hard drive make/model. Usually people keep these through upgrades, so I was wondering if it would be worth check to make sure this is not causing the corruption. Since you mention that the problem was ok for a few days it may be worth giving the drive a proper run through of diagnostics. I like and prefer to use a program called SpinRite its an amazing product and will verify if there are any problems with the drive and either allow the drive to repair them or warn you if it thinks the drive is beyond restoration.

My problem was with my memory I had one of the ram modules turn out to be faulty (even though memtest diagnostics seemed happy to pass them). To check run the game with only 1 memory stick at a time (providing you meet the minimum requirements for the game of 2GB memory). if the game runs fine with one memory stick but not another then you have a faulty memory stick and should return them to the retailer/manufacturer.

I hope this helps.

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB