Constant disconnecting over last ~5 days

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mr Momo Funkles.2056

Mr Momo Funkles.2056

Q:

When I log on everything seems fine up until I’ve been in game for about 1-2 mins. This is when I see my attacking icon blinking but my character does nothing. This is followed by me being kicked, and a GW2 error pops up that reads: (code=58:11:5:504:101). The screen goes blank, but I can still here some of the menu music. I press the window button on my keyboard and I see in the bottom right that I’m no longer connected to my wireless internet. I try restarting my computer and I’m still disconnected and the computer can’t find any wifi in the area – but on my laptop, I’m able to connect with my wifi just fine. Even turning it off and back on it still says there is no internet.

It’s possible that my wireless adapter (Asus PCI-G31) isn’t working properly, but why would it start acting up after almost 4 months of use?

Anyone no how to solve this?

I’ve already tried:
-updating wireless adapter driver
-making GW2 exceptions in firewall

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: QuikFoXy.6470

QuikFoXy.6470

The issue isn’t with your computer or your hardware, for whatever reason at certain times in the day since a recent patch people have started getting connection issues. I’m able to run everything perfectly fine, Streams, XBox Live, PSN, downloads, other MMOS. However once I load up GW2’s client my PC’s internet takes a massive dump every 5-10 minutes.

I’ve never once had an issue with lag or disconnects with GW2 until these past few days. It’s very annoying and needs to be addressed soon.

Posted by: jimqua.2184

jimqua.2184

This is making the game unplayable. I am totally broke now from fixing my equipment because the stupid game gave out on me.

jimqua.2184

The issue isn’t with your computer or your hardware, for whatever reason at certain times in the day since a recent patch people have started getting connection issues. I’m able to run everything perfectly fine, Streams, XBox Live, PSN, downloads, other MMOS. However once I load up GW2’s client my PC’s internet takes a massive dump every 5-10 minutes.

I’ve never once had an issue with lag or disconnects with GW2 until these past few days. It’s very annoying and needs to be addressed soon.

AMEN!

Posted by: Drusus.6723

Drusus.6723

Add me to the list, though I am bizarrely being told, while already logged in, that I am suddenly getting an ‘Incorrect password’ error.

Spontaneously kicks me out on that error then I can log back in. Please note, at no point, is the password being changed, re-entered or altered here in any way.

This problem crept in after the end of the halloween event patch.

Posted by: XtalDelphium.5679

XtalDelphium.5679

I’ve been having the exact same problem lately. I think lots of people have been having latency/disconnect issues since the last patch, meaning there probably isn’t anything wrong on your end. Hopefully anet knows about this and is working on it.

jimqua.2184

I just submitted a ticket, but i have my doubts that it’ll have any effect.

Posted by: ley.8973

ley.8973

If you aren’t sure whether the trouble is with your connection, try running PingPlotter software. It’ll sit in your background, repeatedly pinging a specified server, giving you results as a neat graph. When it comes to finding “where the trouble is”, it is an invaluable piece of software.

I actually used it to force my ISP to fix their broken network. I had periodic mini-disconnects that would repeat for hours and hours, and ISP repeatedly tried to convince me the problem is on my side. So I grabbed the PingPlotter and made them a few screenshots. They apologized, and lo and behold, my connection is steady ever since. ;-)

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

Since a recent patch I have also been having this issue.
Many many disconnects.
Either when starting game or zoning usually.
kittening annoying.

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Same with Kisses. Starting or zoning seems to be the problem for me too.

jimqua.2184

Is this still happening for people?

Posted by: Huntsman.2048

Huntsman.2048

yes and it’s been very bad today, for me anyway. The error I get is (Code=7:11:3:189:101)
and I get placed back to the character selection screen.

(edited by Huntsman.2048)

Posted by: Mr Momo Funkles.2056

Mr Momo Funkles.2056

Yea, hopefully A-net gets on this. I’m seldom able to play, and when I am able I would actually like to without the 2 mins of foreplay before I’m cut off from the action.

Furthermore, think I may upgrade the wireless adapter anyway. But thanks for the reply.

Posted by: kpriestess.5672

kpriestess.5672

I thought EYE was doing something wrong. Impossible to play…esp. disconnect in midst of battle…have to relog in-to find me DEAD, armor damaged—and STILL not connected! No one has answers yet—but now that I know it’s not my PC—I am going to go back to GW for a while and, if they don’t fix this glitch, request a refund of my GW2 purchase-why waste money on a game I can’t play?

Posted by: erock.1702

erock.1702

Been playing since launch, just started happening to me today. Very annoying! I’ve been monitoring my connection during gameplay and it appears fine. It must be a server side issue.

Posted by: Barbie.2691

Barbie.2691

I have been having this same issue since the patch. Thought it was my internet, but only happens with this game. Not sure what to do to help ANet (ie sending a ticket).

Posted by: Solrune.2691

Solrune.2691

Been having the exact same problem as the OP with the nov 15th patch. The game is literally unplayable, I disconnect after like 2 minutes, every single time.

Posted by: Darknut.3145

Darknut.3145

Exactly the same for me Soulrune, can’t play the game and I have tried the advice they gave a while ago on this error and it has made no difference, I can’t play the game while this is happening, it would be great if we could get an update on the progress with this error.