Constant fps drops every 5-10 seconds

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: GenocideOPS.8319

GenocideOPS.8319

Hi,so I’ve been playing guild wars on my laptop for about a year and have always gotten 25-30 fps.In the last month I’ve had constant fps drops , it’ll go from 25-30 to 5-7 and the back up,no matter where I am, or what I’m doing, I have the graphics on lowest and it doesn’t make a difference.Ive done everything I can think of(defrag,disk clean up, clean registry,delete browsing history,check for viruses, repair game, clear cache, update drivers, putting gw2 process on high priority) and it doesn’t make difference.I don’t have a high end cp but have always gotten a steady 25-30 fps with lowest graphics settings because I’ve honestly never cared to turn them up.This is getting annoying and it’s unplayable to drop that low so frequently.Any ideas on how to fix this? Please I’d love to play again.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Check the power setting they may have changed or your power supply may be going bad.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

GenocideOPS.8319

My power settings are fine and the power supply is new.Any other ideas I could try?

Posted by: Kwizat.3165

Kwizat.3165

I am also getting a MAJOR fps drop to the point of the game being unplayable…it started with wintersday patch…I usually get virtually no lag and 40fps (even in WvW zergs)…TODAY I am getting drops to 5-10 fps even in Queensdale with noone around!

i7 Geforce 690 12 RAM

GenocideOPS.8319

Winters day made mine worse too,it’s ridiculously slow, not even bearable .Anyone else having this issue or know of any fixes?