Crash Crash Crash

Crash Crash Crash

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

Im just going to keep opening threads after every patch and post about how its still crashing for so many of us despite the patch notes saying it fixes this and that and yadda yadda.

And im going to keep telling everyone to refund/stop buying gems and so on and so forth if you are affected, until they fix this problem.

I’m sick and tired of having shelled out money for the game and supported the company by buying gems and being given a boot in the backside because of a broken chain of patches preventing me from using what i paid for. That they refuse to address with haste or any sense of urgency or take responsibility for it.

And the fact that they try to merge all the posts and threads into as little condensed pieces as possible to create an illusion that the severity of the situation is minimal.

Live Team, you guys should be ashamed of yourself. You took a perfectly good piece of work crafted over the span of 5 years and reduced it into a wreck in a matter of 5 months.

Attachments:

Crash Crash Crash

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Most of the errors in that log show “memory could not be read” and “missing component”.

That indicates a system error with memory allocation. And possibly a broken install. Normal culprits of memory errors are active AV scanners or firewall packages interfering with the games exe, defective system ram, or an unstable or badly done overlock.

Run a repair command on the gw2 exe (see thread at top of forums)

Do a “clean boot” procedure (google for guide) adn test the game again. If it doesnt crash that shows a program on your system is interfering with it.

If thats no good, run memtest on your RAM looking for faults in the modules. Also any and I do mean any overclock should be removed and the system should be defaulted to stock. As a long time overclocker, I have seen plenty of unstable systems exibit similar problems.

Crash Crash Crash

Posted by: Phazon.7503

Phazon.7503

It’s just hard to believe that hundreds of people have suddenly defect hardware, problems with AV or unstable systems.

It has to be a fault on Anet’s side. I’d be happy if they prove me wrong and give us some possible solutions.

Crash Crash Crash

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

It’s just hard to believe that hundreds of people have suddenly defect hardware, problems with AV or unstable systems.

It has to be a fault on Anet’s side. I’d be happy if they prove me wrong and give us some possible solutions.

Not really, especially when you consider that the vast majority of players are less than savvy on the basics of PC design and maintanance. I am a long time PC gamer, and have hundreds of PC titles. I have seen quiet litteraly hundreds of thousands of people who dont know how to defrag let alone set up a PC properly and complain its a game fault. Ive even seen people stupid enough to torrent a game and come to the companies site saying its broken and wanting support for a pirated version.

As I said, there are faults with the code but the OPS log indicates its his system and the data on it that are at fault. And as I said with my rig that BARELY scrapes by on minimum requirements it never crashes, and I play for several hours on end at a time.

And yes, lots and lots of people can suddenly have an issue out of the blue. Windows updates, system changes, hell even a bad shutdown can mess with a PCs software.

Crash Crash Crash

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

To add to Lexandro’s information:

I repair computers (and electronics). One thing I’ve seen a lot of in the past 6 months or so is BOOTKIT infections. Please people look that one up.

This type of infection writes to the MBR (master boot record) of the hard drive once it has been ran on the system. It’s a double-edge sword in that, if you fix the MBR but don’t remove the infection, the MBR gets re-infected.

Often, the ONLY indication that you have this type of infection is strange crashes and (sometimes) high memory usage. Since the bootkit takes over the system BEFORE the OS loads, it hides from most virus scanners. They can be difficult to detect and difficult to remove.

Info on rootkits:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10things/10-things-you-should-know-about-rootkits/416

Info on bootkits:

https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280748

Don’t dismiss this as “not on my system” if you are not 100% sure. It never hurts to check.

Crash Crash Crash

Posted by: Soul.6572

Soul.6572

As I said, there are faults with the code but the OPS log indicates its his system and the data on it that are at fault. And as I said with my rig that BARELY scrapes by on minimum requirements it never crashes, and I play for several hours on end at a time.

And yes, lots and lots of people can suddenly have an issue out of the blue. Windows updates, system changes, hell even a bad shutdown can mess with a PCs software.

As you I also run the game fine on my laptop which cannot max out this game at all, but on my high end desktop I get a crash every day

Both computers have the exact same configuration except the hardware, and my crashes only started right after the patch.

I did a repair, and even formatted from windows 8 back to 7 and it did not help a bit

I’m quite tech-savvy and I for one am sure the issue is not on my end.

Crash Crash Crash

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

For months I blamed the game for the many crashes I used to have. I finally ran a memtest and discovered that one off memory modules was defective. I upgraded to a SSD and replaced the module 2 weeks ago and haven’t gotten a disconnect or crash ever since. I do however still blame the game for my broken memory module.

Crash Crash Crash

Posted by: Soul.6572

Soul.6572

It’s really dimple deduction, if its game issue it would happen to everyone. If its not happening to every single person in game then it’s a hardware issue with the machine itself. This is really simple logic in my opinion, I have worked with electronics for over 20 years and specifically laptops and desktops and I have had my share of faulty memory, bad hard drives, etc. I run gw2 6 hours a day probably for the last three months, I have never had a crash during that time. Players say its not your machine, I say I can find a problem and prove it is.

So everyone in the world has the same hardware? It’s clearly an issue on their end as i’m not having it with any other program / game. (I memtested the whole night as well)

For someone who claims to have so much experience with electronics you surely must have thought of the variable hardware everyone has; combined with the different settings for the game.

Master please explain to me; for I am not wise enough to understand : Three other people in my guild alone are having the crashes, they all started after a certain build. Two of those three have almost 20 crashes a day. We all have the same error log, and ran memtest and everything else. This is not on the user’s end.

Get of your high horse and admit that it could be possible that it’s a game related issue.

Check the error logs, it’s definitely not my ram’s fault

Also one of the latest builds had notes which said the ‘crashing should be fixed’ but it isn’t.

Attachments:

(edited by Soul.6572)