Crashing too many times

Crashing too many times

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: wefal.8426

wefal.8426

Occasionlly, game crash when I’m doing the follow:

1) Zone teleport; from WP to even just entering other instance (dungeon/fotm/sPvP…)

2) Taking screenshot.

3) When encountering huge zerg VS zerg in WvW.

These 3 I’ve notice so far. Unfortunately, game just crashed with no appeared reason while I was in wvw assaulting Garrison with normal size zerg.

Another thing worth to mention is that error window I get every crash saying “not enough memory” or sth like so I copied all the content iside the error message but I cant find where to send a ticked :|.

Every day is about 10 crashes so please help me with this as I got realllly tired of that.

Desolation ~ Human Elementalist.
“One does not simply fight Jackie Chan in a room full of forniture”

Crashing too many times

wefal.8426

anyone? I have the report log if it helps.

Crashing too many times

Posted by: miyagi.6571

miyagi.6571

my game keeps freezing my entire computer. i actually want a refund, i want my money back. I meet the specs, but i cannot play. How do i ask for a refund?

Crashing too many times

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi wefal – I’d like to collect a Game Advisor report so I can look into why you might be experiencing this crash. You can download the Game Advisor application at the link below:

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Please note that you will be automatically prompted to install Game Advisor upon clicking the link. Once you’ve generated the report, you can attach it to this thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

Additionally if you’re able to provide the crash log as well this would be incredibly helpful!

Crashing too many times

wefal.8426

Below is the crash log. I ran the test program you gave me and I have its test log aswell if needed.

P.S
I deleted my IP from the log just in case as I’m not sure if its ok or not to post my IP on the web.

Crashing too many times

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Im not a dev, but reading that crash report it looks like you are getting hit with the out of memory error, which occurs on people who run windows 32 bit OS, which im guessing you do,

I used to get the same error before I upgraded, only I got the crash everytime id zone into a new area for the first time.

Crashing too many times

wefal.8426

Im not a dev, but reading that crash report it looks like you are getting hit with the out of memory error, which occurs on people who run windows 32 bit OS, which im guessing you do,

I used to get the same error before I upgraded, only I got the crash everytime id zone into a new area for the first time.

So only by upgrading my computer will solve this issue :| ?

Crashing too many times

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

So only by upgrading my computer will solve this issue :| ?

The issue is that 32-bit was never designed to handle large amounts of memory, as there is both a 4gb cap on physical RAM and a 2gb limit on virtual memory per application. It’s the latter that causes most of the problems in games. While GW2 tries to limit these problems by restricting the use of the “high res character textures” on 32-bit systems, that’s often not enough to prevent the client from still hitting the 2gb cap in certain situations.

Since the game will crash if it hits the memory cap, there are basically 2 ways to try and stop GW2 from crashing:

• you raise the cap by upgrading to a 64-bit OS -> new virtual memory cap for GW2 will be 4gb, which is high enough that GW2 will never reach it = no more memory crashes
  • you lower the ingame settings and hope the reduction in memory useage is enough to stay under the 2gb cap = reduced frequency of crashes, maybe even zero crashes

Ofcourse the 2nd options mean the game will look terrible and that’s why people tend to recommend just upgrading to 64-bit. You might be able to use your existing license with a 64-bit install of Vista, but I can’t verify if that’s true or not. If it isn’t, then I’d highly recommend getting a copy of Windows 7 64-bit as your next upgrade – think of it as an essential component for your system and not just a fix for GW2. You’ll benefit greatly from having a 64-bit OS in the long run.