Crossfire STILL not working well

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lorde.4501

Lorde.4501

Q:

It seems like AMD has now completely abandoned optimizing crossfire at all. Even with the latest profile updates, there is horrendous frame rate drops when turning the camera at all in crossfire which is not a problem with it disabled. Is there ANY way to fix this seeing as they have given up on trying to fix it themselves? It is unplayable in crossfire mode.

Posted by: Flashoint.2857

Flashoint.2857

Running a pair of overclocked 6990m’s. In cities and such the turning is horrible when the client is first loaded. My cards are pinned at 98/99% utilization on max settings so I kind of expect it.

In open world they run fine. Is this just in the cities or in open world as well?

Posted by: Demonbound.7153

Demonbound.7153

I have 2 unlocked 6950s and I get about 35-60 fps (depending on how many people are on) in Lion’s Arch. I have the latest drivers and CAP profiles. I have all my graphics options set to max except for shaders (set to low). With these settings I get a consistent 55-60 fps outside LA and WvW zergfests. I should also mention I am running the game on a single 24’’ monitor at 1920×1200. I’d give that a try and maybe it’ll help.

Posted by: Dawthus.4630

Dawthus.4630

I’m running 2 Sapphire 1G 6870’s in CF (matched model+Firmware) and see 35-90+ FPS with everything set to high and no screaming fans (some glitched textures occasionally max out my cards or would get runaway frame rates causing silly loads, eg staring at the ground deepest spot west area underwater in human start zone would run amok and be pushing 125fps with cards working 100%), but setting in game limit to 60fps and vsync off leaves everything smooth as butter, drivers are set to default except for AA is set to performance. The new beta drivers (along w/ the CAP profile) did wonders for FPS, did a clean driver install.

Rig setup for reference:
i5 2500 (non-k)
16g DDR3-1600 ram
128G SSD for Win7 64bit and GW2
Resolution: 1920×1080 @ 75Hz

running iobit Game Booster to kill background proc’s while playing. (no realtime AV enabled during gameplay seemed to even out some big dips)