Custom music

Custom music

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Akodo Didakku.9846

Akodo Didakku.9846

Hi all! First let me thank the ANet guys for showing some loving for the Mac platform. You earned a fan and a supporter when you released the Mac client

I just wanted to know if the custom playlist feature (one of the coolest I’ve seen so far!) is also available for the Mac client, as I have not been able to find any documentation in this regard. If it is not in the beta (completely understandable!) I’m curious as to if it will be implemented at any point in the forseeable future.

Thanks a bunch!

Custom music

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m not 100% sure this will work, but it might be worth testing out?
Open your applications folder>.Right Click GW2>>Show Package Contents>>Contents
>>Resources>>transgaming>>c_drive>>GW2
Then create a ‘Music’ folder in there and chuck some songs in there and test it out?

Custom music

Posted by: Telun.9041

Telun.9041

Just wanted to say that I tested this method out and it did not work.. Darn..

Custom music

Posted by: Magoo.5726

Magoo.5726

Starting from my home directory I’ve found Music folders in “Documents/Guild Wars 2” and “Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2/p_drive/User/Application Data/Guild Wars 2”.
One of those should work I think. Will not test it because I love the GW2 Soundtrack.

Custom music

Posted by: Zythan.5723

Zythan.5723

Just wanted to say that the Music folder in “Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2/p_drive/User/Application Data/Guild Wars 2” works! If you want to use custom playlists, this is the right folder. Thanks!

Custom music

Posted by: Magoo.5726

Magoo.5726

Many thanks for the update

Custom music

Posted by: Heneil Stormcaller.2935

Heneil Stormcaller.2935

Hello,

Sorry for bumping this thread, but is it even possible that I can’t even find the music folder where I have to put the playlists?
I tried creating the directory myself, but as expected, it didn’t work.
Although I really love the soundtrack I’d love to personalize it a bit…

Also, in the wiki it says that one of the formats supported is m3u, though native itunes playlists are not supported. If I create a playlist in itunes, but in the m3u format, is it supported?

Sorry for all this questions, but i’m a bit of a tech noob…
Thanks!

Custom music

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Here is a rather lengthy tutorial I wrote several months ago. I have not messed with it in a while but it might help you out:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Mac-GW2-Custom-Playlist-Tutorial/

The Burninator

Custom music

Posted by: Heneil Stormcaller.2935

Heneil Stormcaller.2935

thank you very much

Custom music

Posted by: redeyedx.3514

redeyedx.3514

I apologize for posting this but unfortunately, the custom playlist no longer works anymore. Also music folder doesn’t seem to be there when I check it. I tried creating the new music folder and placing all the playlists with .m3u format in order but no luck. It used to work before but after the update seem to broke it. I do hope that there’s a solution to this issue.